Getting it done for Dec 26 - Jan 6, 2011

Heidi - Not sure what to tell you. Hopefully the doc can get you in tomorrow or soon after.

I got calf cramps real bad a couple years ago from doing one of the leg workouts while using weights, gym style I think. Was so bad I could hardly walk for a couple of days, but then it worked itself out. Now I do calf work without weights. However, my knee started bothering me a bit today, and not in the IT band place out the outside, but more in the front down lo. So, I didn't run tonight, but just iced it and took ibuprofen. I don't think it's from this morning's plyo, but who knows. Never had this before with plyo type wo's.

As for rotation, was thinking Insanity in the morning to get some short but intense cardio going. Then in the evening alternating running and LIS. 30 day BR challenge not happening because that would require more effort - not set up to wo in front of computer. Gotta stop with the excuses and just get moving!

Heading to bed. See you both in the a.m.

Morning!

Well I set my PT appt's up starting next week Tuesday. The first one is just an evaluation. Maybe then they will see how bad it is for me to get around.
I woke again very early with calf cramps. Took Advil and sat on the couch with ice. 3am is too early for this stuff!

Sherry: how's the knee today? For BR I take notes of the w/o's and watch the video once through to see what it is like. From there I just set my timer and do the w/o from my notes. I hope to get back to a regular w/o routine by the end of this month. It all depends on my calf.
What are your plans for today?

Hi Belinda! You must be swamped by getting the new house put together. I hope all is well. :)

Have a good one!
Bbs
Heidi

Hi all!

Knee feeling good today. No wo yet, but plan to do yesterday's interval run this evening.

Based on knee, decided to go with Cathe's Jan 1 month rotation to keep it lo impact so that I can also work in 3 runs/week, that being the higher impact. So, I'll start the rotation on Monday.

Heidi - At least they are getting you in quickly, though I'm sure not as quick as you'd like. Hopefully you feel the evaluation gets you started in the right direction.

Belinda - Have things quieted down yet?

Back to work. Check back in later.

Run done! 2 mile interval run!

Realized that I need to work Turbo Barre into the rotation - that has leg exercises very similar to what the PT had me doing. Back to thinking . . .

Hope you both had a good day. See you tomorrow!

Good morning,

I will take DS and his girlfriend to the airport:( time went by so fast. We also moving Alesia's stuff to the new house today (she is moving out of her apartment the end of this month) so she can save money to buy a condo/house.

Will go to the gym, to finsh up STS.

I will have more time to chat later. Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone.

Morning!

Sherry: great run yesterday! I am glad to hear your knee made out ok.
Turbo barre w/o is a good one. It got me good in the hips and back side. ;)

Hi Belinda: sounds like a great time with your family. :) good luck with the moving and be careful too.
Have a great w/o at the gym.

I have been taking Advil and massaging my calf often to try to loosen it up. I wasn't able to do that before because it was so sore. Good sign I think that it will heal soon. I look forward to Pt to get some stretching and exercise advise. I can't wait to get to running!

Have a great weekend and workout!
Bbs
Heidi

Hi all!

Nice day out, so 2 mile brisk walk with the dog followed by Denise Austin's Pilates (old - actually a VHS tape!)

Belinda - Great job sticking with STS while you have so much going on!

Heidi - Glad the calf is doing better. I know it's been very frustrating.

See you all tomorrow!

Hi all!

Today's 2 mile interval run done. Laundry and groceries on the agenda, too.

Hope you are having a good one!

Hi Sherry and Belinda:

Getting itchy to do something! So sick of sitting around.
I did an easy walk for 20 min on the treadmill and then stretch max #3 with the band. That felt great!

I will keep stretching my calf this evening so hopefully it will be fine tomorrow when I get up to walk for the first time. ;) It seems to be getting a little better slowly which I am thankful for.
As for PT I will still go and hopefully get some good advise for taking better care of it. I hope to streghthen my calves so it won't happen again like this.

Sherry: Great job yesterday and today on your workouts and run. :) I hear ya on the laundry....did that yesterday and the never ending pile of dishes. Just can't understand where they are all coming from. LOL! ;)
Have a great evening!

Hey Belinda: Busy lady I hope you are getting in some breaks. :)

Have a good night.
BBS
Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.