Getting back to cardio

darkangel

I've been off the boards for a while concentrating on heavy weight training in the gym. I'm a hard gainer, so cardio is eliminated or used very sparingly in the program I'm on. However, I have a wedding looming and really want to get in top shape for it (and the honeymoon!). I've decided to get back into some cardio workouts on the days I'm not in the gym.

Because of my focus on weight training, I have tons of Cathe weight workouts, but very little cardio. I took inventory last night and came up with All Step (which shipped with the step I bought), Boot Camp and Kick, Punch and Crunch. I've been doing KPC, although I'm unable to get through the whole thing. I haven't even tried the high intensity section. I watched it last night with my mouth hanging open. I'm thinking about getting Basic Step because I've never made it thru All Step either, due to the complexity. Anyone have any suggestions? I prefer low impact. Thanks!

You are on a right track. Basic Step is very good. It has just a few subtle simplifiers that make it more attainable.

Low Impact Step is another simpler one. Give yourself a chance to acclimate. Since you're new, you will notice the most rapid changes in the beginning. Enjoy!

Don't forget to give the premixes on what you already own a try. KPC and BC are both broken up pretty nicely on those and might make the workouts more manageable.

If you are looking to start Cathe step, I always suggest Cardio Hits. It's older but the workouts are fun and broken down much more than Cathe's later stuff.

Good luck!!
Marie

Another set of good cardio is the CrossTrain Express dvd. Each cardio workout is 30 minutes so they are excellent for beginner's and days when you need a shorter cardio. You also get strength training on the dvd. It is a good total package and well worth the money.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.