Gall Bladder Polyp

NY25

Cathlete
Has anyone experienced this or other gall bladder issues? I've been having extreme stomach aches for a few months now (on and off) and have been diagnosed with a gall bladder polyp. Not sure yet what's next. Also, have uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts. (peri-menopausal, but almost 51, so....) Not sure what is what anymore - just something in my abdomen hurts almost every day. Sometimes high, sometimes low. Haha! Exhausted all of the time. Is this all a normal part of the "transition" or what? More than a little nervous about the idea of any kind of surgeries, as well. Gah!!!

Hello,

Fibroids are common within African descents. I have few small ones and I am told not to worry too much about. My sister
still has some, had her 4 beautiful daughters (including a set of twin) without any issue. A cousin had one which was growing exponentially. Her OBGYN had claimed having not seen such enormous fibroid. She got pregnant while the mass was pressing her uterus. The OBGYN
claimed she would loose the pregnancy because of the pressure. He advised an early abortion but she was not having none of it!!
She went through the full pregnancy, had the baby and requested a removal. Each case is different. She was fine and free
from horrendous constant pain.

I wish you the very best as it seems you have quite a lot --- plus cyst and gall bladder polyp. I suggest you get all those stuff
sorted. You must feel the pressure on your bladder big time:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes: On top of all that I suggest you get in touch with both OBGYN
and the endocrinologist. I would embrace any aid to keep my mood sociable, keep a sustainable energy,etc... and keep my sanity!
For the sake of my well being I would NOT take all these side effect, feel defeited, not taking safe and healthy action. Hormones level need to be monitored and actions taken accordingly for the sake of our wellbeing.:):)

My last word, we should not have to embrace complacent attitude facing such discomfort. It's not healthy, so get it sorted if you can.#insurance:)

All the best:)

Last edited:
I have had fibroids, they are common and will shrink off once past menopause. You didn't say if you were bleeding excessively from them, which is a concern (like I had). Whatever you do, don't concede to having your gallbladder removed because of gallbladder stones or a polyp, it is a vital organ...until you have done a lot of research on this. Surgeons will say it isn't a necessary organ, but once that gallbladder is removed there is no storage for bile. Bile is produced in the liver for digestion, its the beginning of all digestion, and without the gallbladder there is a continuous supply of bile into your intestines. It will be difficult to assimilate nutrients, especially digestion of fats. Do some research on what the gallbladder is responsible for. There are some good ways to help the gallbladder through a detox protocol of flushing which should help you. Last, don't let a doctor make you afraid if you chose to try a different method. Fear is a great motivator, but look at all options.

Thanks DirtDiva! That's the direction I was leaning, and my doc doesn't think surgery is necessary right now. Looking at diet first. So far that appears to be working! We'll see what's next with the rest.

I started having stomach issues at around 52. I got to the point where, if any fat was present in my food, I would be in pain. Eventually, I would throw up all my food. My gallbladder was removed and found to be be very inflamed and infected. The operation was a breeze as was recovery. I have had no digestive problems.

A year later, I kept having one attack of diverticulitis after another. After a colonoscopy, it was determined that I needed a colon resection due to narrowing of my intestines. To make a long story short, my uterus, which was the size of a 20-24 week pregnancy due to fibroids, would have to be removed first so they could do the resection. Turns out, my fibroids, which never shrunk after menopause, were pressing on my intestines causing all my problems.

I have been completely pain free for years now. The surgeries were the best things I have ever done.

Good luck!

I was having a lot of stomach pain ( I was 51 at the time) and found at I had gall stones. I had had a gall stone attack out of the blue about 20 years earlier. I did have my gall bladder removed and since I have not had any pain or problems. I do try to be careful not to eat a lot of fatty or fried foods.
Jenn

Well the good news is my doctor says the polyp isn't enough to require surgery. The fibroids are not in a place or size they should be causing problems and one is shrinking. I do, it turns out, have mild ulcers and some diverticulosis. I just need to lay off the NSAIDS and start consuming a low-gluten diet (so far). (So many MD appointments - geez). Hopefully this will all turn out to be manageable. Thanks all for your feedback - invaluable!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.