Frustrated

2bwed3

I have been using the basic step and now the body fusion along with the ab w/stability ball 4 over 2.5 mnths. I haven't lost any weight. I don't eat bad. I'm 5ft 105Lbs. I'm getting married in a few mnths & would like to lose like 8 lbs or at least have my arms and stomach toned. What other workouts should I do to help me accomplish this?

I am sure you will get more relpies but maybe Cardio and Weights. I think it's a step up from the 2 you have been doing. Are you eating clean and eating enough?
LD

will you please post a sample of your diet. also, at 105lbs and 5ft that by no means is overweight. how much do you want to lose? what worked for me in the past is kicking up the intensity of my workouts. lift heavier weights and include intervals into my cardio workouts. what is your workout schedule like?

Hi there,

Congratulations on your wedding. I don't have those two workouts, but I do know that they're some of the easier ones that Cathe has made. It's possible that your body might need to be shocked with a little more intensity, both cardio- and weight-wise to get those last few pounds moving.

I don't know what kind of workouts your comfortable with in regard to cardio, so it's a little difficult to make a recommendation there.

As for strength workouts, I'd say try out one of Cathe's total body weight DVD's (if you're looking to get just one) and give it a try. Muscle Endurance, Power Hour, and Muscle Max are a definitely worth trying.

Also, the Muscle Endurance DVD also includes Boot Camp which would definitely be a good body shocker, and the Power Hour DVD also includes Body Max (combination of cardio and weight training) and Maximum Intensity Strength which are both great workouts.

Hope I've managed to help and not confuse. :)

>I have been using the basic step and now the body fusion
>along with the ab w/stability ball 4 over 2.5 mnths. I haven't
>lost any weight. I don't eat bad. I'm 5ft 105Lbs. I'm getting
>married in a few mnths & would like to lose like 8 lbs or at
>least have my arms and stomach toned. What other workouts
>should I do to help me accomplish this?
>
>
>
you might not like what i say, but 105 is to small for 5ft.if you think you need to lsoe weight then maybe i need to go on biggest loser b/c i am 5ft at 130lbs. also my sister is 5ft as well and the doctor told her on her small frame that 105 is not exceptable weight. she was denied entranced into dance school until she weighed a minimum of 115-120lbs. now maybe the issue isn't so much weight but maybe you want to tone up. then its time to up resistance with heavier weight and stronger tubing. also like someone said cardio and weights will do both for you. cardio step for heart strength and keeping the metabolism boosting,compound movments for functional strength, and heavier upper body for strength/definition for i think is 4-5rounds then ends with awesome abs segment.you might also use the premixes for strength only days.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

060104_10010099873.gif

5 foot and 105 pounds of what?? Maybe she wants more muscle tone. 5 foot and 105 is not too small and it certainly isn't unhealthy unless the weight is 33% body fat. Since we do not know what her body fat is, we cannot determine if she is healthy or not...and we do not know what her diet consists of either.

We do not have enough information to determine if her wishes are unhealthy or not...and we can't declare her current condition unhealthy.

I'm almost 5 foot and not quite 105 and I dare anyone and any MD to declare me unhealthy. To the person who dares, I say let's go run a marathon!

LOL Sarah, I WISH I were as unhealthy as you.

No suggestions here, since I am in no way anywhere near an expert, but what Sarah says makes sense. More information is needed before the educated crowd can help here.

well it did say in the OP that she wanted to lose 8lbs. the would bring someone under 100lbs and that is not healthy for any adult. my sister is 21 and while she is naturally small framed and i am just going by what a medical profressional said. i think my post came off a little pissy but my sister and i have struggled with eating disorders and no matter how i think i feel about myself now, when somebody says they need to lose weight(esp since she said we were the same height)i get upset and sometimes offended. b/c that has me wondering if they feel that way about their weight how to they feel about mine since i am heavier.

plus i am just a concerned person for anybody wanted to weigh less then 100lbs. but you are right we didn't have enough info to determine but just reading what was posted i automatically let the emotions go, just me the emotional person.

Idy,
I agree that for a very thin person, wanting to lose 8 pound may be an unhealthy request. Being so thin (if it's unnatural for their body type) may put people at risk for a variety of problems, such as stress fractures. Now I think wanting more muscle tone is a perfectly reasonable and healthy request IMO. Maybe she is 33% fat (which I'm sure she isn't), that doesn't mean she would need to lose weight either. It may mean a little weight gain actually. She may need to do more strength training and possible eat a little cleaner. Focusing on weight is not always the healthiest approach.

Carolyn

To all of you who have stated the original poster should not be looking to lose weight, please note she said lose 8 pounds or at least have her arms and stomach toned. People need to realize you cannot just look at someone's height and weight on a computer screen and start judging them. Many of you have said this is an unhealthy weight and I think you are jumping to conclusions. The original poster may have a very small frame.

Frustrated - try adding some weights to your workouts. It will definitely tone your arms and, as you add muscle, will help to increase your metabolism, which will help burn any fat you may have. Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I wanted to suggest journalizing everything you eat. Often we consume more than we think! Log it all for a while and see if you can find the culprit. Diet really is the biggest part of the equation and by writing it all down, it makes it easier to make it a healthy, balanced one.

Weights is a must! Adding weights to my routine made all the difference! It actually resulted in a 10 pound weight loss and totally changed my shape for the better!

Finally, don't get hung up on the numbers. Go by how your body is looking and how you feel. The scale reading shouldn't determine your level of success.

CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.