Frontline Plus for Dogs Questions

WendyM

Has anyone every bought Frontline Plus for Dogs on line at petcarepoint.com? It is so much cheaper than my vet, and we have 2 cats and a dog. It adds up to hundreds of $ over the summer to keep them flea free. I'm wondering is it the real stuff or not. Thanks
for your input.

Wendy

I use frontline plus on my dog and thought about ordering from one of the online sites. I asked my vet about it and she said that sometimes those products are manufactured in Mexico and are not the same as buying from your vet. But if I print out the price list off the site and bring it into my vet they will give me a credit on my account to use for future services (like her yearly shots). I've only got one dog so it's not a huge expense for me. I'd ask your vet about it. Also I know some people who don't use it during the winter months. Good luck.

I am afraid to buy it anywhere but from my vet. Too many counterfeits.

I would hate to have fleas in my house! I've never had to deal with it, but my brother has. He spent a fortune having to exterminate his house. They multiply VERY fast.

I don't apply the stuff during the hard winter months. My guys are not outside for long periods of time. The weather in my area is too extreme. My guys are couch potatoes! :7

I buy mine at a local pet store and I usually have a coupon too. I think I spend about $35 for a pack (not sure how many months are in a pack).

I have never bought from the web-site you mentioned but do buy from entirelypets.com (K9 advantix) & have never had a problem. We have 4 labs (w/puppies on the way!!!) so I know what you're talking about with the cost. Worth it to keep my babies flea free though.

Tami

My vet told me the warranty on the products is void if you buy them from anyone except the vet because you can't guarantee they are legitimate.

Susan L.G.

I always purchased Advantix for my dogs from our veterinarian. I tried 1800pet meds once and weeks later told them to forget it. My vet said that they had called to get the info but for some reason they were not getting the order to me. My dogs were still getting bites. There is a pond behind our house that really borders on both of our adjoining neighbor's property. I finally found that spraying the yard at night after I bought our dogs in every 3 weeks (more often if it rained) with one of those yard sprays that you hook to your garden hose stopped the problem. My vet said the non prescription stuff does not work. I Know what you are talking about. I have a Dane and a lab mix. Keeping up with all of the pet meds is very expensive. I took them for their immunizations at teh same time and spent almost 400 dollars:0 Add the Heartworm meds and the flea tick stuff and it gets very expensive. I would love to find somewhere to purchase stuff at a reduced price.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

If your local Humane Society shelter or SPCA shelter has a store, they usually have the best prices. I would call the shelters and see.
(You are also supporting the shelters that way.)

Jeanine

We find beauty in the most incomprehensible places and the otherwise homely faces. It is our gift to see beyond the dirt, terror, sadness and defeat and find the true soul that lies within. We are Rescue.
www.cfgdr.org

Wendy, I buy Advantix for my cat online (petmeds.com) I think. Anyway, I had concerns also, so I called advantix and they had me read the number off the box and confirmed that it was indeed their product. I have had no problems for three years now. I think Vets will always be against you purchasing it from other sources because they lose if you do... Just my opinion
Good Luck
Carolyn

I sure hope you misstyped and are not applying Advantix to your cat, but Advantage?? Advantix is lethal for cats and only for use in dogs.

It is true about the company's guaranteeing their product. If you purchase heartworm prevention from an online pharmacy and your dog becomes heartworm positive, the company will not stand behind that product unless it is dispensed by a veterinarian. Not a life or death issue regarding fleas, but there are a lot of counterfeit items, so unless you call the company every time, it's a crapshoot.

Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.