fitnessfreak ?

laura35

Cathlete
I am doing running as my cardio( cardio coach workouts etc..) but I want to get my arms more defined. what would you suggest as far as wts workouts to do? I have PUB, SH, ME,P & P, GS. I really have stubborn arms, they are getting more defined but very slowly, especially the delts. How many times a week should I do the wts? I really want to get that cut look as soon as possible. I know one cant get it over night. your suggestions would be appreciated.

Laura,
How are you doing your weight training now? Are you working one body part a week? Are you doing splits or are you doing total body workouts?

I think what you need to do is up your weights, take longer rests and work your upper body twice a week. Do something like this using the GS series:

Mon.: Chest & Tri's
Tues: Cardio
Wed: Back, Biceps, Shoulders
Thur: Cardio
Fri: Legs
Sat: Rest
Sun: Cardio

Add ab work in there at least once or twice a week.

Again, work as HEAVY as you can with each exercise. Take a longer rest then Cathe does. GS will give you excellent results.

Follow this for 4 weeks. Keep track of the weights you use and up it at least 2% each week. So if you use 20# dumbbells for one exercise for chest work, try to use 22# the next time and so on. You'll be amazed as to how heavy you can lift when you put your mind to it. I use 1# magnets to up my weights by 2#.

If you have any questions, please ask.

thanks debbie. Right now I am lifting 2x week just during my bootcamp class so I only do one exercise per muscle groups but 2-3 sets of each. I sometimes will try to add another workout at home but I go ruts where I will do an extra one for 4 weeks and then I get busy. I do lots of push ups in class as well and I try to lift as heavy as I can while teaching. Usually 15's for bis and tris depending on the exercise but no less than 10, chest I use 15-20pds, shldrs I use between 10-15 pds again depending on the exercise but for lateral raises I use 10-12 pds which I thought was pretty good and I feel that is what helped me get what little I have now but it just seems to be so slow for me in the shldr area, I want that cut at the side delts when your arm is just hanging straight down . I can see it when I move my arm or flex but I want it to be noticable in the straight position, like cathes. I really like the look of muscular arms and want them soo badly. The GS seems so redundant but I figure you know what will work best. I can also do the same with the PUB as far as only doing say chest and bis etc... and you recommend 2x week? thanks for your time to help me!

Hi Debbie,

Where do you get your magnets to up your weights? When you say 1# do you mean 1 pound magnets? Thanks Debbie!

Lourdes

wanted to drop in and say I did gym style back,shldrs and bi's tonight. good workout but i didnt feel she hit the shldrs as much as the back and bis and the shldrs are what is giving me the hardest time developing. I added a few front raises in myself after the workout. Is that what you would suggest or do you feel what cathe does in the workout is enough for the shldrs?

Laura - If you get bored with just doing GS, then do Slow & Heavy if you have it. Alternate weeks with both series. Do GS one week, the 2nd week to S&H. This breaks the bordom and changes it up for you body. And yes, adding in extra sets or exercises is good. Especially for the areas that need more attention.

Lulu - I get my magnets online (can't find the website right now) and they are 1# each. Just search for donut magnets. You should be able to find something.

I am surprised that I am not sore from GS lastnight. I can tell that I worked my bis but I am not sore at all. I thought my shldrs would be, I went heavy and had to drop down on a couple of exercises. Thanks Debbie for your help.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.