Fit Bit

missyt

Cathlete
Does anyone use FitBit? (fitbit.com):cool:

I purchased in December and I am obsessed with the daily steps? I am always trying to increase my daily steps. I think it has motivated me so much in my daily activity.

Just curious if anyone else is a fitbit user and if so what is there opions?

:eek:

I got the Fitbit Ultra for Christmas (a gift to myself!) and I absolutely love it! It's totally motivating. Last night I needed around 300 steps to hit 10,000 for the day,so before I went to bed I just wandered all over the house aimlessly until I got the steps I needed.:)

I also love the little sayings that pop up when I pick it up. So lame, but somehow so cute!

The flight of stairs counter is also a feature I love. I find myself making extra trips upstairs or to the basement so I can add extra stairs in.

I don't care for the sleep feature, because as long as you're not moving your wrist, it thinks you're sleeping. I have a hard time falling asleep sometimes, and one night it thought it had taken me only 9 minutes to fall asleep, when in fact it took a lot longer. ...but since I didn't buy it to track my sleep, I'm ok with that, and I don't use it for sleep tracking.

Mine has already survived 2 accidental toilet dunks...:eek: (I'm waaaay more careful of it now!) and when it eventually dies/breaks, I'll definitely get another one!

I absolutuely love mine too! I always check my steps at the end of the day and if I am close I jump on the treadmill to get to the next number!

I thought I was the only one that would do that.

I also, don't track my sleep.

But all the other features are amazing.

Keep up the stepping!!!! :eek:

Does it track anything other than steps? If I do a weight workout, will that register as workout? And does it track calories burned?

I had a gowearfit which was great, but I could no longer stand wearing that giant thing on my arm so gave up on it, otherwise it was so convenient though, it gave great feedback, I knew all my calories burned, the sleep feature was really accurate, I keep hoping they make a smaller version.

Thanks if you can answer any of my questions :D

It tracks calories burned. As far as other workouts go, you can go online and enter other workouts to be added to your daily totals.

It tracks steps, miles, calories burned, floors, and can track your sleep patters.

You get online access for free to log food, keep a journal, enter other activies/workouts, track weight, and more.

I really enjoy mine.

Go to Fitbit and you can take a tour.

Hope this helps! :D

A woman in my office has one and every so often tells me how many steps she's done but she's got terrible nutrition habits and is not consistent with exercising. She's the type of person that knows what she has to do and often hear her giving advice to others on diet and weightloss but unfortunately does not follow her own advice.

I dont think the fit bit will work in her case....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.