First timers and repeaters

First timers and repeaters

• Total voters
I was just talking to somebody yesterday about how DIFFERENT it is the second (and third) time around. Not better or worse, just different!

I'm sooooooooooooo excited!

Gayle

Anther Threepeater here.

Like Gayle said, the second one was different from the first. The first one I was just nervous about the whole thing, meeting Cathe and Crew and all the people. The second one I was more relaxed and I was able to focus on actually meeting and getting to know people more. Both were a blast and I can only expect the saem from this one.

Jean

I agree. Each and every road trip is unique. Like others, I almost didn't get in my car to attend the first road trip. After meeting fellow trippers, Cathe and her crew, I said to myself "why was I so nervous?" Now I am relaxed and enjoy seeing old friends and making new ones as well. :)
Lorrayne

Jodi-like Jean and Lorrayne said, it's a bit more relaxing the second and third time thru. I STILL AM NERVOUS, but my focus was a bit different.

The first time around, I knew not one person....I just met Jean on that Friday when I picked her up at the airport, and then I think we clung to each other for support. Yeah, a bit of a wall flower...but NOT ANYMORE! My focus then (the 1st time) was on EVERYTHING....meeting Cathe and Crew, getting photos with them and their autographs, meeting 103 other Rters, etc. But the second time, I didn't feel the 'pressure' or the 'need' to be first in line to meet and chat with Cathe and crew. Yes....I did chat with them (Cathe actually recognized me, as did Nancy from Customer Service) and I did get my photos with them....but I was so much more relaxed and was able to focus on all my Cyber Friends and getting to know them.

This time, I have a whole LIST of ladies (and gents) that I WILL meet....Jerry, and Shelley, to name just 2!

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for all of us that are going this year. First timers AND Repeaters!

Gayle

Gayle,

Great to know you are going to be at this road trip. It is my first time to go. My sister Monika is going also and it will be her first time.She was signed up two years ago but had to cancel at the last minute because our Dad was very ill. And this year will be so much fun because we are going together.It will be so excitng.

Veronika

You're so lucky to be going with your sis! I tried to get mine to come both last year and this year, but she lives on the west coast and it's hard for her to get enough time off. Oh well.

See you in July!

I'm a re-triper second time around and I think that my excitement level is about the same. OUT OF THIS WORLD!

I think a lot of the first time was nerves and also, it seemed a little of a blur! The question of whether I was going to be lying on the floor with my butt kicked was in my head. After going, I realized, Cathe wasn't about "Kicking our Butts", but having fun and about SAFETY! She is concerned about you taking breaks, drinking their water, AND doing it at your level. I was worried about taking my "perfect workout" out of my air-conditioned room, no distractions, plenty of water when I wanted it, to an actual real-time workout with Cathe. Well, it was AWESOME!! I was so happy at all the breaks to grab water to keep hydrated! Just like at home, but BETTER!!!!
:D

OMG I'm so nervous and EXCITED to be finally going!!! I found Cathe about 6 months before the 2005 RT and was in school for the 2007 RT. This is the first year I could feasibly make it and I still can't believe I actually get to go!!!!!! :D

It's my second one and one of the things I regret most about '05 is that I didn't get to meet a whole lot of people!

I'm very excited to meet people this time, and see old friends!

Here's my recommendation for meeting a lot of people: at each event, meal, or on the bus, try to sit next to someone different. I made myself do this in '07, and I met so many great road trippers! (Now hopefully I will actually remember a few names this time around :p ) Everyone was so friendly, it was easy to strike up a conversation ("Where are you from?" "How did you start doing Cathe workouts?", etc.)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.