Final August Rotation Check in! YEAH!!

pasqua8

Cathlete
Good Morning!!
This was my last day of the August Rotation. When I finished I couldn't help raising my hands in the air(which wasn't easy after all of those Bicep/Tricep/Chest/Back/ and shouder exercises) and yell YESSSSSSS!!!!! I scared my cat.
This has been an amazing rotation. I have enjoyed checking in with everyone. I feel great and I am anxiously waiting for what Cathe brings on next. I hope her anouncement is about a new series. On the roadtrip it sounded like she was planning one for the fall. Can't wait!
Have a great weekend everyone! And may this rotation stay with you:) :)

YEAH!!---WE DID IT!!! IT's OVER ...SAD :-( ...BUT TRUE:D !!!!

I'm with you Jana, that's very funny about your cat:D. I could barely make it through. It's bad enough that GS C&T is tough but to add insult to injury with GS BSB is too much to ask;-)! I felt great that I was able to accomplish this rotation with very few adjustments. It's been a blast checking in with you ladies. Quite often than not, it's been funny with all of our whining and soreness;). I lost a total of approximately 2.2 pounds. Cathe was right, this is a plateau buster! I'm so please with these results, this is the first time I've actually followed one of her rotations. Now, I'm hooked. If I don't like her Sept. rotation, I'm definitely going to do one of her older fat/weight loss ones. I see now, that variety and of course, "clean eating" (as much as you can) is the key. Don't you all feel like Wonder or Bionic Woman now}( ?

I added a 2 mile run after both workouts and I thought I was tired but I pushed myself. It's amazing what this rotation has done for my endurance.

You guys have a great day, it's been fun. Hopefully we can do it again! Now, we just have to figure out what to do for the remainder of August:-( ,

Take care,

Katrina

good morning all!!
I can't believe we MADE IT!!! I'm w/ you Katrina, this is the 2nd time I have followed her rotation and it just FEELS SO EMPOWERING!!! I also did it w/ very few modifications! My endurance is way up and I feel so good about that!

Today, I did GS chest and triceps-premix which is 31mins long. Then, I did GS back, shoulders, and triceps-premix which is 36mins long. I skipped the cd/stretch on the first tape and skipped the warmup on the second tape. Altogether, I got a good 55mins workout. My whole upper body is warm and tingling right now!!!:)

I lost 4lbs this month and you are right...a variety of workouts w/ clean eating is the key. As hard as that is...it's the solution!!

I am gonna take next week off and do a recovery week workouts. I'm gonna do some firms, running and karen voight. Then, on Labor day, I'm starting a half marathon training. Since my endurance is good, I feel really good about training for this!

It's been great checking in w/ ya'll. Good luck in your workout endeavors!!!:)

take care:)
Gloria

Well, I just finished Imax 3/200 walking lunges/200 sit ups & crunches. I also did SM #1. After Imax 3 WU I thought it was going to be a really tough workout b/c I worked out late last night(cardio/MM/PLB stability ball) and didn't finish until 10 p.m. then worked out a little after 10 this morning so there wasn't a lot of recovery time and I was a little sore. Once I got through the first interval it was no problem. I will rest tomorrow and continue with the last week, hopefully finishing the rotation by Thursday!!! My cardio endurance has definitely increased but I think strength work is going to have decreased. Last time I checked, I had lost an inch in my waist and hips and my clothes are fitting better. I too, am looking forward to Cathe's announcements!
Angela:7

Well I am not done yet, will be done on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Did ME today and sweated bullets. My legs were still fatigued from doing 200 walking lunges yesterday afternoon.

Results wise, I am down 4 pounds, and back into some of my size 8's after creeping up into 10's the past year, and being firmly in 10's this summer. It really has just dropped off this week. It seemed like my body took a couple of weeks to realize that, yes, I am serious, you will lose!

The remainder may be easier just because my pool is closed for maintenance and I will not be swimming for a week. But after that I am going back to my Master's team and doing coached work-outs which always kicked my behind before. This month has been all about getting ready for that as well.

Hello ALL:

Congratulations to those of you who finished. I have one more day to go.

Today's workout: Gym Sytle Legs and 3 mile run. I am quite impressed with myself if I say so.

I am really enjoying this rotation. This is the second one I followed as prescribed, the first was one body part a day.

Keep up the good work.

Keep on trucking to the rest of us that are still plugging away.

Yippee!! I completed the Aug rotation this morning. I also let out a loud yell and the dogs and my SO came running to see if I had hurt myself with a weight. I agree that this has been an amazing rotation. I have never followed a structured rotation before so this was a test in several ways. I am pleased with both the inner and outer strength I have developed. I had hit a plateau 3 months ago, this rotation has helped me lose 3 pounds towards the last 15 I would like to lose. More importantly though, I have lost: 1 inch from my hips, .5" thigh, calves are the same, .25" biceps , 1" waist, and 1" from my chest which sadly now makes my breasts concave ;( !

I learned that even at my advanced age;-) I can push myself harder, getting at least 6 hours of sleep makes a huge difference in form, I still hate hi/lo floor work, I am starting to like running, modifying moves and lowering weights makes absolutely no difference in the "burn" and end results, and I can now do 12 push-ups on my toes instead of 5!

I will "rest" next week by mastering Rythmic Step and IM3 and keeping up the lower and body work with weights and ball. ;-) Not sure what I will do in Sept but 5-6 days of cardio mixed with strength is a given.

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who checked-in. You gave me inspriation, motivation, and a sense that I was not in this alone. You are all amazing!

Sue

Congratulations Sue! Sounds like you have really made some important strides in your fitness level. This was also my first time in doing a structured rotation. I've always eschewed them before, preferring to do my own thing. I'm afraid I can be quite independent and bull-headed! Anyway, the variety really helped me towards my goals of increased strength and endurance. I'm running in a 10k in 2 wks and this has helped me prepare. Today was
GS CT and GS BSB- great workouts! I love the beginning push up sequence especially. Afterwards I celebrated by doing the IMAX# blast only sequence...what a pump! Thanks to all who have participated and posted and given me inspiration!
ShellyC

Hi Everyone!

I'd like to say congratulations to all that are finished this rotation as well as to those who are still trying to complete it. This was a fantastic rotation and I hope Cathe makes up more that are similar.

I took yesterday off, so today I ran 3 miles followed by GS Legs. The stability ball section kills me every time. Tomorrow will be my last day. Yippee.

I'm trying to figure out what to work on next month. Maybe my running. It needs some help. I know come Monday I will be scratching my head wondering what workout to do. I liked that Cathe picked out all my workouts for me so I didn't have to think.

Lisa:+

Today I did cardio kicks.I will complete the rotation with hc upper and run tommorrow.I really enjoyed this rotation and lost 7lbs:D I am now 139 so I plan on doing this one again starting Monday.

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who finished today. I have one more day to go!

3 miles and GS legs were killer today. I usually try to follow Cathe's rotations but I have never followed one so religiously and without extra days off. I have taken about a half inch off my waist and almost an inch off my hips. I am so proud of myself and for the first time ever I think I would still be proud of myself just for doing all these workouts even if I didn't get results. It's the journey, right?

One more day to go:

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE ADVIL

Hi Ladies--

I've been lurking and watching your progress for the entire month. I'm 21 weeks pregnant, so this rotation is out of the question for now, but I can't wait until my post partum body is ready for it.

I'm so impressed with you all--Great job and great results! You've inspired me, given me hope that it's not an impossible rotation (and made me just the slightest bit jealous;-) )

Maggie

I can't believe this rotation is over already! It has been a lot of fun and I do feel great! Although, after completing both GymStyle Upper DVD's today, I am having a little trouble typing!!!:p I really wanted to add a little cardio to today's workout, but now I am not so sure. I may...or I may not. If I do, it will be this evening. If I don't....I will still be proud of myself and all of us for completing this!

I cannot wait to see what the next rotation Cathe posts will be! I am still seriously thinking of repeating this rotation again, though!

Great job ladies!!!

Linda:7

CONGRATULATIONS !!! to everyone who finished. (I'll be done on Wednesday) It was so much fun, wasn't it? And it sounds like everyone has gotten one result or another.

If anyone's up for another round of it, I'm game! And the second-time around, I'll work on the clean eating, too.

Great job, everyone!

Hello All:

Today's workout: Gym Style Back,Shoulder and Biceps, and Gym Style Chest and Triceps.

Yeah!!! I'm all done with August Rotation.

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I was not able to get to my computer all weekend. But I am proud to say:

Saturday I completed the August 2005 Boot Camp Challenge Rotation!
Gym Styles Chest/Triceps - Done!
Gym Styles Back/Bicpes/Shoulders - Done!

I would seriously put that on a t-shirt and wear it with such pride! This rotation kicked my butt, but thank goodness I was able to kick it's own right back! :7

Thank you, Cathe, for such a wonderful rotation. And it was great doing this rotation with all of you ladies!

We did it! Whoo-hoo!

Sanchia

GS legs on Saturday, GS upper body (both) on Sunday. Today I did Body Max, which I missed on day 1. I did not do the upper body portion, since I had just done the gym styles yesterday. Still a good workout!

We did it!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.