Featured Rotationers

D

debmac

I would love to hear from anyone who is following the featured rotation that Kathy S. posted. I feel all alone out here on this rotation! How are the rest of you doing? I'm really enjoying it, although it feels funny this week on BB&A day to do no cardio, and today CST with no cardio. I know I "could" have done cardio if I wanted to, but I thought I'd follow the rotation as it is laid out. This is pretty new for my body to get so LITTLE cardio....so who knows?--maybe it'll be an effective change!

I am sure lots of you are receiving your new Cathe tapes so you will be putting this rotation on hold. If any of you are doing this featured rotation and plan to continue, please let me know!

Thanks!
Deb

Hi debmac!

I am following the featured rotation. Although I had to make a couple adjustments. I am trying to keep my knees from being sore, there fore I traded Imax & L&A for Step Intervals and Power circuit. I have to say the MIC was pretty tough to get through the whole thing, but I enjoyed the step segment. I feel pretty good this week.

I am glad there are others doing the rotation.
Nikki

Hi Nikki

Thanks for responding! MIC was really tough for me on Monday, too. WHEW! I am planning to do Power Max in about an hour.

Are you going to repeat Week 1, or go right on to Week 2? I am thinking I'll go right on to week 2.

It's great to know that you're doing this rotation with me! Keep up the good work!

Deb

RE: Hi Nikki

I think I will go on to week 2. I like variety. I don't feel so bad about MIC, now that I know that it wasn't only me thinking mIC was tough to get through.
Nikki

I started the rotation on Sunday and felt like it started off with a Bang on MIC. The days that I do only PS do feel weird, since I've been doing CTX with two weight sections and always abs, so that my workouts were between 65 and 70 minutes. My one variation was today. I didn't do MIC again because I just bought Christi Taylor's new step tape (which is a lot of fun and a lot easier to follow than Step Heaven's section 2, which I just plain cannot do), but tonight I will do the PS Strong legs and abs. Because I didn't do the MIC this morning, I think this won't be too bad. MIC is just plain tough and I couldn't face it twice this week. I'm ready for next week, but I will also be getting all of the new tapes on Monday, so I don't know if I will stick with it when I have some juicy new stuff to learn. I will start next week on Sunday again with what is listed for Monday, and probably stick with it through Wednesday. Then. . . I don't know.

I agree, Lynda, starting out with MIC was DEFINITELY a bang!!! I was amazed at how tough it was to do that whole tape. I'm glad to know that it felt weird to you, also, to do only the PS weight work...such a short workout, and no cardio!!!

I LOVE Christi Taylor and have also been enjoying her new ones!!!

I am bracing myself for MIC/PS-SLA tomorrow. I, too, am not sure if/for how long/I'll stick with this rotation once my new Cathe tapes show up. But I do plan to start Week 2 on Monday.

OH, I have another question....On Week 2 of this rotation, there is ab work included on Mon/Tues/Thur/&Fri. I generally only work abs twice per week, 3 times max. So I plan to rearrange the ab workouts next week to suit my own ab-needs. :)

Keep up the good work, Lynda and Nikki! And any other featured rotationers out there! :)

Deb

Hi,
I did the first week of the featured rotation. Followed it almost exactly, except I received my tapes on Thursday and couldn't resist trying Rythmic Step in the pm.

I woke up Friday, tired and sore, attempted PowerMax but just couldn't get into it, so I stopped. I usually do my workouts in the early am.

One of my favorites is MIC because both the hi-lo and the step portions challenge me everytime. I love the power moves at the very end of the step workout and somehow can muster up the strength to get through that. But I still modify during different portions of the workout and can only perform on the 6" step. My goal is to go to 8". But I must say that I sweat buckets during this workout than any other.

Question - I received my new tapes and would like to incorporate the Slow and Heavy into our 3 week rotation by maybe tacking on another week to make it a 4 week rotation. How is everyone thinking of adding in the new tapes?

Joyce

Hi Joyce,
Great job with the rotation! I'm sure you were fatigued for PowerMax in the morning after doing Rhythmic Step the night before. I've stuck with the rotation too, and did MIC this morning. Still planning on PS-SLA later on today. Whew! I also love MIC but it really kicks my butt! It is such a feeling of accomplishment to get thru that whole entire thing.

I am due to receive my 5 new Cathe's on Tuesday, and I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet either. I would love to incorporate them into a 4th week for this rotation. I am hoping that Aimee's post in Ask Cathe will get some suggestions for how to best use the new tapes in a rotation.

Deb

Hey, I noticed on Ask Cathe some really interesting ways to add on the Slow and Heavy to XPress Cardio. When I get my new tapes on Monday, I might add on the Slow and Heavy to Wed. and Thurs. and then do MIC or the new Rhythmic Step on Friday (I start the rotation on Sunday and give myself Saturdays off, so I'm starting my second week tomorrow.). I'll let you know. Oh--and I DID do the PS Strong Legs/Abs last night. I don't know. I'm not much for working out in the evening. I felt very virtuous, but my husband thought I was nuts. I like to get it all done early in the morning--including my eight glasses of water.

Hey Lynda,
My dh was wondering what was going on with me, too, yesterday afternoon when I was into my workout clothes for the 2nd time in one day..after he'd already seen me sweat my way thru MIC 7-8 hours earlier. I explained to him that some of us on this forum were following this particular rotation, and he was like "yeah, okay, whatever you need to do...."!!!! I feel great though that I followed thru with the 1st week of the rotation without modifying any of it. Looking forward to week 2 which starts for me tomorrow--oh, you are starting today huh? I am looking forward to the PC Cardio, Love that tape!!!! You're probably doing it right now, LOL!!:)
Deb

I followed the rotation, too, for the first 5 days and WAS intending to do MIC/PS-SLA yesterday but was too worn out from walking around Six Flags all day on Friday (including playing with the air guns and balls in the Looney Tune Lodge with my son!) and not getting to bed until 12:30 a.m. after visiting with relatives and driving back from Chicago. Still had to get up early to take the kids to swimming lessons and I'm used to going to bed no later than 10:00 so the lack of sleep really killed me.

I did PS-SLA this morning so I'm just down 1 MIC for the week. I did do some walking on the BBA and CST days (1-2 miles) because I felt good and wanted to do more.

I REALLY enjoyed the challenge this rotation gave me and would like to try it again soon as is. Thanks, Kathy S. for coming up with this rotation and giving my exercise routine a "kick in the butt"!

I plan to follow week 2 but instead of doing Power Circuit tomorrow since I just did my leg workout today, I'll do another Xpress cardio workout and do PC later in the week.

Sue

Hi: Featured Rotationers

Hi folks!

It's great to hear from everyone. Looks like we're all having similar reactions to this rotation. I, too, felt weird not doing cardio on the PS says and I definitely did not enjoy doing MIC twice in one week. I've decided that I have a true love/hate relationship with MIC: The step portion has some of my favorite music of any Cathe tape and some of my favorite step moves, so it was fun to get re-acquainted with that part of the tape. The hi/lo portion once again confirmed for me that I'm just not a hi/lo person. I could go a long time without doing the hi/lo part of MIC again and not miss it one bit.

Overall, though, I thought week one was a nice change of pace and it's also nice to feel that I'm being a little more disciplined about what I "choose" to do each day.

I ordered the new DVDs so it will be awhile before I see the new series, but I'm sure the minute I get it I'll HAVE to sub the new routines in somewhere! :) For those of you who have the tapes already, I say feel free to substitute. And give us a report.

On to week two!

Kathy S.

Week 2, Day 1

Wow, I hadn't done Power Circuit cardio in a while, and had forgotten how tough it is. Since it is short, I had kind of convinced myself that it'd be a breeze...NOT!!!!!!! It was definitely intense! A real sweat-producer and heavy-breathing inducer. Felt great! Then the BB&A went well...upped my barbell weight from last week as I noticed that I could have gone heavier last week. Those extra 5 lbs. were noticeable today, especially on that last set of negative biceps curls....but I survived and feel great! For tomorrow, I'm planning to do the cardio from All-Step + a segment from a Christi tape, not sure which one yet, to make a longer cardio workout. And still anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new Cathe tapes which are supposed to be here tomorrow!! Thanks to all of you for checking in on this thread, it makes it so much more enjoyable for me for some reason. :)
Deb

RE: Week 2, Day 1

I just did the power circuit and the BB&A workout and all I can say is WOW!!. I feel like I did just enough and I feel great!
Thanks for this rotation idea Kathy your awesome!
I will probably do the ctx step N intervals tomorrow.
thanks again for letting me be a part of this.

RE: Week 2, Day 3

I'm a day ahead of everyone, and I am really liking this rotation. Yesterday I did 10-10-10 and the abs at the end of MIS. It seemed short, but I decided to enjoy the brevity. Today I did All-Step with PS Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps and felt really good--like I could have gone longer with my cardio. I was going to try one of the new tapes tomorrow, but UPS mistracked my tapes and now I won't get them until Thursday, so I think I'll do the Step Intervals with PS legs and abs tomorrow. I am feeling like this week is a bit easy--at least compared to last week. Maybe I will feel differently after the legs tomorrow, which I always find hard.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.