Fat deposits! Advice much needed!

che0013

Hey Cathe, I'm 20 years old, I've always been at a healthy weight, and yet I have developed these stubborn fat deposits just below my buttocks on each leg! Its like a roll.

I know you can't spot reduce. And I think I am 'skinny-fat', so I've started to look into your DVD's focusing on strength for legs. Like Gym Style Legs and Butts and Gutts.

I understand you may not have the answer to this, but have you heard of this problem area before? And do you think that by increasing strength training for legs and glutes, that this area might very well disappear, or is it one of those things I probably won't ever be able to get rid of?

Just curious on what you have to say about it...

Thanks! : )

Not Cathe. :) Are you talking about saddlebags? I'm afraid that's a flaw I battle constantly! Very stubborn area! The two things that helped to minimize the area for me was Cathe's lower body workouts (especially Lower Body Blast, Butts and Guts and the LIS series workouts, especially Afterburn, Athletic Training and Trisets lower body split). Also a good clean diet with emphasis on quality protein over simple carbs is key. Good luck!

Not Cathe. :) Are you talking about saddlebags? I'm afraid that's a flaw I battle constantly! Very stubborn area! The two things that helped to minimize the area for me was Cathe's lower body workouts (especially Lower Body Blast, Butts and Guts and the LIS series workouts, especially Afterburn, Athletic Training and Trisets lower body split). Also a good clean diet with emphasis on quality protein over simple carbs is key. Good luck!

I agree.... a strict diet with lots of resistance exercises will get the job done! ;)

If you are skinny fat, you are probably a good dieter to begin with.... but make sure that you add healthy fats like avocado, EVOO, Coconut oil, etc too.

If you don't have it, pick up a copy of "THE EAT CLEAN DIET" by Tosca Reno.

xoxo, Denise :D

Deadlifts! LIS series and Lower Body Blast... stay away from sugar and add in some fiber and flax seeds...that will help. Good luck:)

Hi Che0013! We all have a unique set of genes that our parents gave us that strongly influences how our body responds to diet and exercise over the course of our lives. You are still very young to know if the "saddle bags" will be a long term genetic situation that you always have to work hard at or not. These types of issues usually begin to expose themsleves later in life (25 years of age and over). When you are young, like yourself, your body is usually still well equipped with the hormones and "right stuff" it needs to address just about any fitness and diet challenge it faces (assuming there is no underlying illness).

With that said, I think if you work your legs two times a week from various angles that you will start to see a noticeable difference within three weeks and better results with each following week as long as you continue to challenge your leg muscles in new ways so that your muscles are always being challenged.

For your food intake, at each meal try to eat a lean source of protein about the size of the palm of your hand, tons of dark green veggies along with other nutritious veggies, and a healthy grain such as brown rice instead of white rice or have a sweet potato in place of a plain potato.

For snacks you can eat seeds, nuts, fruits and yogurt....all very healthy choices.

For leg workouts, I have the following that I think will be great for you: Choose a couple for variety and slowly include the others in your collection when your body gets too used to the ones you are doing...

Butts and Guts
Lower Body Blast
Turbo Barre
Legs and Glutes
4 Day Split Kickbox (entire workout)
Leaner legs

Walk or run two times a week for 20 to 30 minutes in addition to this and do some light upper body weights to round out your program.

If I were to pick out the best DVD's to get you started, here is what I would suggest:

Monday: Walk or Run 20 to 30 minutes... (for cardio)
Tues: Butts and Guts ........................(for lower body and core)
Wed: Off............................................(for rest and recover)
Thurs: Turbo Barre ............................(for legs and upper body)
Fri: Walk or Run 30 minutes...................(for cardio)
Sat: off.............................................(for rest and recover)
Sun: 4 Day Split Kickbox.....................(for cardio, legs and core)

For the first three weeks, leave the leg work out of the 4 Day split Kickbox workout only, then on week four you can add them in and do 4 Day Split in its entirety.

Good Luck!

Hey Cathe, I'm 20 years old, I've always been at a healthy weight, and yet I have developed these stubborn fat deposits just below my buttocks on each leg! Its like a roll.

I know you can't spot reduce. And I think I am 'skinny-fat', so I've started to look into your DVD's focusing on strength for legs. Like Gym Style Legs and Butts and Gutts.

I understand you may not have the answer to this, but have you heard of this problem area before? And do you think that by increasing strength training for legs and glutes, that this area might very well disappear, or is it one of those things I probably won't ever be able to get rid of?

Just curious on what you have to say about it...

Thanks! : )

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who replied to my thread, all great/interesting responses :)

And Cathe, wow, thank you SO much! : D That has to be some of the best advice anyone has ever given to me, based on my individual goals.

I have ordered those DVD's and are currently waiting on them to arrive here in Australia :D I can't WAIT to get started! You're so inspirational :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.