Fall Is In The Air...

desertambrosia

Cathlete
This morning the air was crystal clear and cool. This Summer has been very warm. Weeks that were close to 100 degrees. (thank goodness, no humidity) I'm a Summer person, and around the middle of August the temperatures fall and we start the beautiful, long Indian Summer. Delicious spiced drinks at the coffee shops, sweatshirts, fresh, orchard fruit, and no chaos here, with the beginning of the school year.(They're grown and on their own) But, then it's Winter, and I do ski, and Christmas is joyful, but January, February and March, just seem so dreary, and uneventful. By the end of April, I am looking forward to Summer.
Your favorite season??

Last edited:
Fave season for me has always been Fall. I feel a sense of renewal and of new opportunity. This also happens to be my fave time of year for hiking the mountains & trails and canoeing. Fall is simply beautiful.
Summer just does not agree with me as much as I have tried. I am an Ebenezer Scrooge of the Summer with my reactive photodermatitis, watering eyes, complaining about the humidity, heat etc. and not partaking in the things that many people enjoy this time of year. Just yesterday I slathered on so much zinc oxide sunscreen resembling a mime, but still got a bad sun reaction from being out for 50 minutes.
I also like Spring as I like the rain. The smell of spring rain on flowers waiting to bloom for me is so lovely. Spring is also probably the least stressful in terms of holiday celebrations etc. lol.

Oh, you have me anticipating Fall now Karen. It cannot come soon enough for me. :) Digging out my cardigans and hats makes me happy!!

Like Elsie I love the fall! I too feel a sense of new beginnings. I absolutely love being outside in the crisp air, no frizz in the hair, no more pony tails, apples, football. I recently spent the day at a beach and fried my Irish skin! My face was hot pink! I was slathered in vitamin E for 5 days! It was bad!!!! I love my sweaters, ankle boots and bonfires. No more air conditioning, open the windows and air out! Love all of it! The other seasons have their special times and aspects but the fall......AAAAHHHH!

I can't make up my mind! There are aspects of all the seasons that I love; as well as things that are tough to deal with! My favorite time to take vacation is in the fall...September is ideal for hiking....my DH and I seem to have the National Parks to ourselves!

This morning the air was crystal clear and cool. This Summer has been very warm. Weeks that were close to 100 degrees. (thank goodness, no humidity) I'm a Summer person, and around the middle of August the temperatures fall and we start the beautiful, long Indian Summer. Delicious spiced drinks at the coffee shops, sweatshirts, fresh orchard fruit, and no chaos here, with the beginning of the school year.(They're grown and on their own) But, then it's Winter, and I do ski, and Christmas is joyful, but January, February and March, just seem so dreary. By the end of April, I am looking forward to Summer.
Your favorite season??

You described my favorite joy-joy feelings of Indian Summer!! Cooler, blue sky days spent riding (without mosquitos) then spending the evening around a fire ring and breaking out the hoodies. I so love Fall, but then I adore winter wishing for tons of snow for skiing and fatbiking. I cannot decide, I adore the seasons, but I agree the Spring months are my least favorite because its usually soggy and snowless and I can't do anything outdoors.

Karen, I do love the beauty of the Fall. The leaves changing, the mild temperatures, the Fall vegetables (roasted squashes!!!). The one thing that kills it for me is that Winter comes next. I don't do Winter. So I'd say that Spring is my favorite season and Fall is my second favorite because the baggage of "uh oh, I know what's coming next!"

Cher, that's funny! I grew up in New York then lived in Florida for a few years. The seasons were weird and sad for me. Tourist season, hurricane season, unbelievably hot season, Santa in Bermuda shorts!! I couldn't do it and came back to New York.

I was always a Spring guy growing up because the end of school was near. I grew up in South Dakota and Nebraska and the Winters were miserable but now I think, in Missouri ,we have our nicest weather in the Fall, and since I'm too ancient for school...bring on Fall! (Winter does however put a damper on my zeal)!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.