Fage Yogurt - why did I wait so long to try it?

Tess_ATL

Cathlete
OMG I am addicted to this stuff. I read Tracey Staehle's new year's post on her blog where she talked about having yogurt with rasberries as a treat and so I decided to try it. OMG this stuff is soooo good. I love the texture of it, so rich and creamy. I will never eat regular yogurt again. I've been mixing mine with rasberries, walnuts and a little splenda whenever my sweet tooth calls to me. Um yeah I've eaten this every day since I tried it. The other day I threw a tbsp of cocoa powder in the mix and WOW it definitely felt like I was cheating big time. :9

A Greek friend told me about this stuff a few years ago and I've been raving about it ever since!!!! Even the non-fat is so nice and thick and creamy and tangy.

A few almonds and a touch of honey makes a great snack. The first time I substituted it for sour cream on a baked potato, DH refused to believe it was yogurt; I had to show him the carton!!!

Thanks for the review Tess! I saw this at the store today, but wasn't sure whether I would like it or not. I will have to pick some up now.

I too am in love and will never go back to regular yogurt. This stuff is so good. I eat mine with some honey and walnuts :9. It is so good even DH has started eating it. It is expensive, but so worth it.

I LOVE This yogurt too, but can't always find it. Here is a very simple trick to making your own cheap, rich, creamy, "Greek" yogurt:

Just take a fine sieve, line it with paper towels, dump plain yogurt in, then let the whey drain out. The whey (yellowish liquid) is what gives yogurt that bitter taste. The longer you let it drain, the thicker and creamier the yogurt left in the sieve is. After a couple hours, the yogurt left in the paper towels in the sieve is exactly the same as the expensive stuff. Trust me, it works!!

I just started stocking up on Greek yogurt too -- I will never go back to the other stuff. I get the Trader Joe's brand too -- the non-fat varieties. I have to do a double-take -- the non-fat honey flavor has 14g of protein in a serving! Is that right? That is so awesome! I spoon my yogurt over my cereal instead of milk. Suddenly breakfast has become dessert! :p:p

Charlene

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.