Facial exercises, do they really work? Any recommendations?

BAM

Cathlete
I just listened to a free teleconference regarding facial exercises. A few were described and since I have TMJ and strained neck muscles, they aggravated those areas. So now I had to do some research on Amazon and Youtube. There are quite a few out there and some have really good results. If you've used a dvd for facial exercises, which ones would you recommend and how long was it before you saw results? There are some out there that require up to 45 minutes of your time as well as shorter ones for 15 minutes (which I'd prefer since beauty should be obtained in the least amount of time possible. ;))

Thank you!
Bam

I was very skeptical about getting any results from doing these, but it seems that they're doing something, as people have asked if I had lost weight. And it was asked when I had my coat on, so I assumed they had meant in my face. ;)

The DVD I've been doing is Tal Reinhart's The Facial Workout at least 3x/week since March 2012. I think Collage carries this dvd or at least they did at one point. There are the options for exercises to work the forehead, eyes, mouth, cheeks, jaw, neck, and the full exercise routine. I usually do the full exercise routine each time that hits on all the areas but just include a few of the exercises. That option is approx. 20 minutes.

I'll be the first to admit that I can't believe I have stuck with it for this long, but it has become a habit now and part of my weekly regimen. I can tell, for the most part, that my cheeks have slimmed and my eye lids have appeared to have been lifted. That to me is worth it, being in my 50's! I still have yet to notice a big difference in my jaw and neck...which is my main focus right now.

The results have been very subtle, but my consistency must be doing something positive if people noticed that haven't seen me for awhile. HTH!

Wow, Tatoo, that is great! And I congratulate you for continuing to do it for so long. I know how that goes. You get excited with something new and then that rush dies down soon after. Have you been doing it only 3x/week or so since the beginning? I don't know if they recommend daily or not. It's funny because just before I read your post, I went to my library's website and they had this dvd along with another one so I put them on hold. I can't wait to try it. I REALLY need help on my eyelids. I have had extra skin there since my late 20's and it has gotten quite bad since. I don't know if any exercises can help but I'll try. I also have nasolabial fold lines and am hoping to get improvement there as well. Hopefully this dvd will help!

Thanks so much for the suggestion, you teenager you! :D

Bam

I was very skeptical about getting any results from doing these, but it seems that they're doing something, as people have asked if I had lost weight. And it was asked when I had my coat on, so I assumed they had meant in my face. ;)

The DVD I've been doing is Tal Reinhart's The Facial Workout at least 3x/week since March 2012. I think Collage carries this dvd or at least they did at one point. There are the options for exercises to work the forehead, eyes, mouth, cheeks, jaw, neck, and the full exercise routine. I usually do the full exercise routine each time that hits on all the areas but just include a few of the exercises. That option is approx. 20 minutes.

I'll be the first to admit that I can't believe I have stuck with it for this long, but it has become a habit now and part of my weekly regimen. I can tell, for the most part, that my cheeks have slimmed and my eye lids have appeared to have been lifted. That to me is worth it, being in my 50's! I still have yet to notice a big difference in my jaw and neck...which is my main focus right now.

The results have been very subtle, but my consistency must be doing something positive if people noticed that haven't seen me for awhile. HTH!

found it on youtube here is the link so you can see what you think

Muscles Don't End at the Neck - YouTube appears to be the full dvd - i plan on watching later looks interesting

Thank you, BAM, but I still have a lot of facial exercising to do to look like a teenager again, LOL! Just shaving off 10 years would be ideal for me!

When I started in March of last year, I think I may have done the exercises 4x/week but have dropped a day after a few months. But I've always done them at least 3x/week consistently. I think the key is consistency but one needs to be patient to see results since they are very subtle. :) Good luck!

Thank you, Cafelattee, for providing the link.

I am intrigued! I'm also in my 50s and could use some help. People have started asking me if I'm tired, even when I feel great ... the old face ain't what she used to be.

Stebby

Wow! I would like to try it! I was born with heavier crease, think Jennifer lawrance, Blake Lively, Lean Rymes. As a young girl I was always somewhat self concios about my eyes, because they where naturally puffier and any little crying or if I ate bad they would like like if I had been crying for days. Although I would always get compliment on my eyes, people would often tell me I had a exocic look. Anyways now that I'm older (44) that puffier part of my lid is begining to droop and it drives me crazy. If as a young girl it made me extremely self contious now it makes me even more self councios enough to wear I don't like going to any outdoor evens where I can wear my sunglasses. I have been looking into eye surgery but scared that something will go wrong. Willing to try anything else before I seriously consider eye surgery. I have gotten a consultation and I was told I should feel lucky to have a fuller lid that it's a sighn of youth and that I would do good with a consevative Eye surgery.

found it on youtube here is the link so you can see what you think

Muscles Don't End at the Neck - YouTube appears to be the full dvd - i plan on watching later looks interesting

Thanks for posting this link! I actually just found this dvd at my library as well but I'm so happy to know that it's on youtube. Great!

I gotta say that my eyelids are REALLY bad. I always hate having my picture taken and even more so now. My eyelids are just hanging over my eyelashes like umbrellas - I'm NOT exaggerating. I had a few pictures taken of me last night for something I need and it's so horrible how my eyes come out. I made sure the pics were at a distance but you can still see the heavy lids. I don't know if facial exercises can help when they're this bad. I haven't started yet. I've got so many things that I need to do on a daily basis that's it's hard finding the time and energy to add something else. *sigh*

Bam

Facial exercises work! If you want to know the proper ways to do them, you can check out Facercise for tips and guidelines. Hope that helps.

I so appreciate this thread. Didn't Suzanne Somers have a device that you use to tighten facial muscles? It seems like she sold it on QVC several years ago. I know the models they used only used it one side of the face. You could really see a difference. I always wondered if simple facial exercises would work as well. It makes sense. We do exercises to tighten every other muscle in our body why not the face.

Bam, I am with you, I would like the beauty benefits with a few minutes of work :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.