Extra long contractions

Lunacat

Cathlete
Hey girls!

I've been having contractions off and on since about 7:00 yesterday morning. Most of them are about a minute long but I've now experienced a couple that lasted a little over 5 minutes. I'm not talking about 5 minutes of discomfort but 5 minutes of genuine low back pain, low abdominal pain and repeating the word "OWWWWWW" over and over again. Is this normal? I don't want to call the OB yet as the contractions aren't close enough to go to the hospital and I'd rather labor at home as long as possible.

Basically, I'm just wondering if any of you have experienced very very long contractions. (Quick answers would be great since I'm in labor! :D )

Becky

Hi Becky,

I'll bet your little one is already out and doing well :) When you get around to it, let us know how things are going.

Best wishes,
arancini

PS - extra long contractions suck, don't they? ;)

Whew! After 57 hours of labor (from the first REAL contraction to having my baby in my arms) and 4.5 hours of active pushing, my beautiful Mia has arrived!!!! We just got home from the hospital today so this exhausted mommy is going to take a nap.

Becky

Awwww! Congrats!

Thanks for letting us know!

Fill us in on more details when you can. Haha, right?! How big? Does she have hair? Who does she look like? What is the middle name?

Yay for you all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back