Exciting News to Share!

Timber99

Cathlete
I haven't yet posted this but after a long day of work (in two jobs, read on...), it's time to tell all my Cathe friends my exciting news!

I am leaving the law firm that I've been at since 1998 (I started in my last year of law school) & opening my own practice! I will continue to focus mostly on criminal, domestic and debt collection litigation but since I have so much experience in other areas, I can do a lot of different work. I am also going to return to representing indigent crminal defendants, which I had taken a break from for a couple of years.

There were little things at my current firm that gave me a kick in the rear but mostly, it was just time that I "grew up" a little and did something new. I am so happy too that I am leaving on great terms with my current firm.

It's been in the works for quite some time but it's really happening now and quickly becoming a reality! Next week I have a crazy but AMAZING week. Tuesday is my birthday :D Wednesday is my last day at my firm. :( Thursday is my first "official" day at my new firm! :7 I start the practice off with a criminal day in a very busy Court and I can't wait!

ETA a sappy note: My dad always wanted me to be a lawyer. He passed away very unexpectedly in 1994 and wasn't here to see it, but every time I look at my new card and my firm name, I think of how jazzed he'd be right now! "Hot Damn!" (can I say that here!?!?)

Hello, Christine!!!

I am sooooo proud of You!!!! Way way to GO! That is such an outstanding change for you...just remember that growing pains are a PAIN sometimes, but they are very well worth it. You will florish, I am sure of it!!!!

And your Daddy IS so PROUD of his precious lovebug! Chin up, smile and march forward!!!

xoxo, Denise :)

What a wonderful accomplishment! You are your own boss now!!! That's the American Dream baby!! :) :)

Carolyn

Hi Timber99! I am extremely excited for you. I know you have mentioned this briefly when you came to visit a couple of years ago, and wow, look at you now....you did it and I'm so proud of all you've accomplished......I'm especially touched reading about your "jazzed dad"....I know he is looking down at you from above with the proudest "thats my girl" eyes. You go girl:)

Congrats Christine!!! What great news, I am so happy for you. I would think your Dad would be very proud of you...:)

Christine - that is absolutely AWESOME!!!!!! Good for you! I remember when DH opened his own practice the absolute EXHILERATION he felt! You'll be the same. Best of luck on your whirlwind week - and in your new endeavors. You go girl!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Christine, I'll graduate in December and take the Feb 08 bar exam. I'm so glad you are so happy with all your success and I wish you all the best in YOUR NEW PRACTICE! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.