Equipment Purchase Question: Where to get bands & ball?

shopgirl

Cathlete
Quick question: I need to buy a new stability ball and a set of bands to do the Gym Style workouts. Can anybody recommend a good site where I can purchase this stuff?

Many thanks.
Shopgirl

I got both at Walmart for cheap - and my stability ball is awesome. BUT, the bands I bought are not as long as the ones Cathe uses, so I'm unable to do a lot of the band work they do. I am still looking for some good long bands. However, I do recommend my Walmart stability ball. It was like $15 or something. :)

RE: Equipment Purchase Question: Where to get bands & b...

That's great, thanks. I know the bands need to be medium tension, but how long do they need to be. On both Wal-Mart and Power System sites, it looks like there are different lengths you can choose.

Sorry to be so clueless about this, but there is nothing I hate worse than getting a workout you're dying to use only to find you don't have the right equipment.

Many thanks again for all your help.
Shopgirl

I got my ball at Walmart too. Something like 10 bucks or less. It's really nice, and does the job perfectly. My band came with the HC workouts. I think you can find them on the internet for cheap.

Lori

I would call the store up, maybe they can lead you in a better direction. since with them you can get them the length you want, call them, tell them what you want to do and go from there. If they are too long, at least you can cut them. otherwise, check around for a fitness store that carries them so you can try it out.

~~TyTbody~~
Working towards Perpetual Motion

I got my band (a Theraband, I think it is called) at a medical supply store.....you know, where they sell wheelchairs, catheters, therapy goods and the like. They were $1.00 per foot, and they did have several strengths to choose from. I bought a six foot band......didn't need that much really, though.

Julie

Great, thanks everybody. I don't have the Gym Styles yet so I don't know what length Cathe uses, but sounds like I would be safe with 4-5' (I'm 5'5").

Thanks again.
Shopgirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.