Eat, Pray, Love- can't wait to see it!

pjlippert

Cathlete
Who's seen it?? How was it?? It seems like the perfect movie to see with your gal-pals or just with me, myself and I! Lunch is part of the deal, of course!!

Talk to me!:D

Pam

I'm in the minoritiy....I didn't enjoy the book so I don't think I'll enjoy the movie. Gilbert was just a bit too self-indulgent for me.

I saw it. I have not read the book and had no expectations about the movie. I was mostly bored by the movie, as was my friend who went with me.

My sis and I are going to see it Thursday.

I haven't read the book, but the other day a friend told me that her sister read the book and claims she gained 6 lbs because of it!!! Apparently the book is a "live for today" and "don't deny yourself anything" kind of thing and she apparently got inspired to over-indulge...:(:)

I'm in the minoritiy....I didn't enjoy the book so I don't think I'll enjoy the movie. Gilbert was just a bit too self-indulgent for me.

You're not alone. I didn't like the book at all (I only read it because my mom kept pestering me about it) and I don't like Julia Roberts. I have no plans on seeing the movie.

My sis and I are going to see it Thursday.

I haven't read the book, but the other day a friend told me that her sister read the book and claims she gained 6 lbs because of it!!! Apparently the book is a "live for today" and "don't deny yourself anything" kind of thing and she apparently got inspired to over-indulge...:(:)

Oh my.... that's really taking a book to heart! I've certainly cried over a book, but I can't say I ever ate or over-indulged over what I read (hmmm... not that book anyway). Yikes. It's certainly interesting how everyone has a different take on it. ;)

Julia Roberts and Javier Boden were in town for a premire party at the hotel my DH works for a few weeks ago. Looks like a fun movie.

I'm probably in the minority too. I LOVE Julia Roberts but have ZERO interest in seeing this movie or reading the book.

I really want to see it too. I just watched Julia Roberts on Oprah the other day. She seems like such a likeable person.

I'm reading the book right now and loved the first section, the second section is so-so and I just started the third/final section so can't comment on it. I like Julia Roberts so I can't wait to see the movie. (If I ate like she ate in Italy, I would have gained 30 pounds!!! But, it sure sounded like fun! :p)

I read the book a few years ago and saw the movie last week.

The book was better than the movie, but i always think the book is better than the movie. It's not the best book i've ever read but it was an easy read and I can relate to her experiences in the Ashram as i have spent two months in an Ashram myself.

eh...just saw the movie and it was a total let down. I give it a D+, so looking forward to it too and I dragged my good sport husband with me! :( It was slow and boring in many parts, and it just didn't flow/connect either. I liked a total of about 10 minutes of the movie and I had such high hopes because I love Julia.

Just saw the movie this afternoon. It didn't quite live up to my expectations, but I really don't know what I expected... It was ok...the middle part was a little boring...but I love Julia Roberts, so I give it a C+. I think if it was any other actress, it would have been worse. I also have been dying to go to Italy. In fact, I started learning Italian several years ago, so I loved the Italy part.

I just started reading the book and haven't gotten very far into it to form an opinion on that...

Hmmmm, now I am thinking that I might want to read the book before I see the movie. Sounds like it might be a "wait for the DVD" type of movie... not worth spending the extra $$$ at the theater.

Thank you all for your honest feedback!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.