Early Risers Check In

This morning was ICE Rock'em Sock'Em, with added Blizzard Blast. Wiped me out, wish I didn't have to work today.

My goals right now are to try and drop the 10+ pounds that I have gained, lose the fat and tone up. I put the weight on from October to present because of not watching what I ate. Like you, my upper body trims out fast and since stopping STS, my arms are not as bulky as they were. Seems that when I gained the weight, most went into my butt and legs, and I really want them to trim out again. I know what my measurements were at that point and I know what they are now, also since I can't fit into my pants, that is a real good indication of where I need to concentrate. Although I am impatient, slow and steady I know is the way to go. I like working out, makes me feel good so that is something positive.

All the kickboxing type workouts tire me out, too. Hopefully you'll get your second wind!
Today was ICE metabolic total body - and lots of extra water I think I'm still a little dehydrated today.

I hear you, I go by how my clothes fit, too. It's really true that nutrition is 90% of it. Sad, because working out can be hard but also so much fun--- watching what we eat is so much harder for me. The grocery shopping, food prep, etc all the time it seems. Its tons of work.

Have a great day

This morning was ICE Upper Body, went up a little bit on the weights compared to what they were using. Still liking ICE. I am getting a little bit frustrated that it seems nothing is moving for me (measurements or weight). I originally did one round of ICE - Level II and am into the 3rd week of this rotation (ICE/RWH) and I was hoping to see some results, but nothing. My diet is clean and I have honestly watched what I have eaten and what my calories are. Wish I knew what I am not doing right because I am getting a little bit discouraged. I like the workouts and Cathe in general, but don't know if her workouts are just not right for me. Any suggestions?

So it's been 3 weeks and no results? I would look at how much you are eating. Even if you are super clean, if it's not enough things won't move. Or, if it's too much things won't move. Have you tracked a few days to see specifics for your nutrition? I know when I am eating really clean, I usually do not eat enough! Which is so weird! Then I add some not clean food and things happen. So weird.

This morning I bailed. I worked today (I work as an education consultant and just a few days a month.) I know, I should have just gotten up. I had to report to work at 745 am so that was plenty early enough. I'm going to at least do a core workout today and back at it again tomorrow. Takes 30 days to make a new habit, right? lol....

I have been tracking and pretty much stay around 1500 calories a day. I may need to up them a bit and see what happens since I am working out 6 days a week. I agree that when you eat clean its harder to get calories in.

Hey, everyday is not always a perfect day to workout. Realizing it and then moving forward to the next day is the best way to establish the good habits and get into a routine.

What do you weigh and how tall are you? Do you know your BMR? And then calculating your TDEE?
I know I'm around 1500 cals- I'm 5'2" and 116- would like to be 110ish. But I realize muscle weighs more than fat, so really I go by my clothes and what my muscle tone looks like. (right now, I need a lot more muscle tone! ha!!)

We are very similar. I'm 5'2, currently 127 (was 116 before weight gain) and I eat about 1500. Calculators say my BMR is approximately 1151 and TDEE is about 1770. I also go by my clothes and they don't fit :(. Most of the weight/fat I gained has gone to my butt and legs, so much so I can't wear those pants, even if I could get them buttoned. I eat a mostly Paleo diet (some dairy, but no sugar or processed foods), my biggest weakness, especially this time of year is fruit. I love eating fruit.

This morning I did RWH Low Impact 2. I really like how quickly the workout goes by. I prefer shorter workouts.

How long have you been doing paleo? I did that 2 summers ago but the protein amounts were too high for me. I felt bloated all the time. I love fruit, too, and tend to overdo it in the summer.

Now I try to eat plant based as much as possible and no wheat. I do eat meat, 3-5 times a week. But I try to keep breakfast and lunch plant based meals. Sometimes I do really well, others day not so much. Prep is super important if I'm not prepped I will just eat whatever andthat gets me into trouble!

Are you on myfitnesspal? We could link up there and hold each other accountable for the meals.
(PM me that so it's not on this public forum)

The only other thing I"m thinking is are you stressed? If you have stress, it makes it nearly impossible to lose weight. I've dealt with it and still do, that's why it's better to keep my workouts short so that I don't stress out my adrenal glands more.

I prefer shorter workouts, too. I get a rush of energy as opposed to feeling tired all day.
Today I did an elliptical workout and good stretch. Felt really good.

Sent you a pm so we can hook up on MFP.

Not really stressed and my sleep has finally gotten better so that is a good thing. I understand about prepping meals, luckily with only two of us in the house, I don't buy junk food so I am not tempted.

Love a good stretch workout - I normally do those on my rest days.

This morning I did ICE Total Metabolic - really liked this one. Some of the exercises I probably should go heavier on the weights. I also wanted to try the Xtrain hip thrust challenge. I was only using 30 pounds on the barbell and only made it to about 30 reps before stopping. I need to get a mirror to check my form because my neck started hurting so I think I need to work on form, but they really do work the glutes.

I love those 100 rep challenges. I haven't done them in awhile! Today was ICE bootcamp- love this one.
Have a good day Candice!

Last night my 4 year old kept waking up- so I doing my workout at 930 instead of 6am- today is Cathe's live legs workout she taped yesterday.

Have a great day!

Still a morning workout - and you got it done. Never tried one of her live workouts when I test OnDemand. This morning I did ICE Cardio 2 with the added Blizzard Blast. Thought I was getting better at the whole "step" workout until I did the Blizzard Blast (never did that one before) and I seriously messed those moves up. Oh well - will try again. Somedays I feel very uncoordinated. Tomorrow is RWH Legs I think.

Yesterday did RWH Legs and today did nothing. I got up to do my stretching and I just really didn't feel like doing it so I didn't. Maybe will do this afternoon and my bike ride. Hope your having a good weekend. :)

I worked out both Sat and Sun- Cathe Live videos. Today I slept "in" until 7, and I'll work out when I drop the kids off- cardio supersets today. The weekend flew! It was supposed to rain but didn't so it was a nice surprise. Going to get "hot" here this week- I love it bring it on! lol

Have a great monday!

Up early and did Low Impact Series Athletic Training. Feels great! I'm finally getting used to this early workouts- however I still HATE getting up! lol.

You may hate getting up, but you are doing it. What keeps me motivated is knowing that I have gotten my workout in and don't have to worry about it when I get home from work. I have Low Impact Series Athletic Training, but have never done it.

Today I did RWH/Plyo 1. First time doing this one and it was a good workout. I was kinda worried because of it being higher impact, but all was good.

Oh good! Try it. It's fun. Although I was laughing when half way through Cathe says, "ok now we are going to hit the legs hard!" I was like ohhhhh didn't we do that already??!! LOL
Today was turbobarre. love that one.

You are right, it's a GREAT feeling knowing it's done early!

Today I did RWH - Chest, Tricep and Shoulder - I really need to get some 30 lb dumbbells. I only have up to 20 and I think I can go heavier on some routines, at least for one or two sets.

I will have to try Athletic training in my next rotation (which I haven't figured out what that will be).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.