~~>E-:STS 6 month Alumni April 18:-D<~~~

Did Gym Style Chest and Triceps and HiiT 30/30. I did all the push ups in the drop set:p:D:D:D but couldn't keep up with the 20 lb dumbbells to the end, switched to 15 lbs for the incline flys. Also had to drop to 20 from the 25 lbs for the overhead tricep press.

Sure glad it was 30/30 after and not one of the other HiiT's!

Cendrine So much fun for you to finally get to try out the STS cardios. Do you have a favourite yet?? Where you able to do combination 3 of Kickboxing? I think I finally got it now but it was very confusing to learn.

Jo Good luck on the spin a thon! We'll be waiting to hear all about it!

Hope everything is going okay with you Rachael!

DD's piano teacher cancelled lessons for today. So except for dinner out with friends tonight we have nothing on the schedule. DH has been busy all morning with replacing basement ceiling tiles. This house hasn't looked so good in 18 years:rolleyes: Yesterday I went through the really young toys and cleaned those out and took them to Salvation Army. I guess I should find some house projects to do this afternoon. I'm amazed how much we're already done and yet how much more this is to do! We're still think of putting the house up for sale in June. DH is going to pick up our camper next weekend so May might be busy with some camping and I will want to plant the garden.

Spinning was GREAT! They moved all the bikes to the front lobby and we spinned like crazy! I don't think I've ever sweat like I did today. Though I do sweat, I'm not a "dripper!" But I actually had sweat rolling off my face, down my back and other places! :confused: Once we got done, we went and took the Pilates class and then I just got home and had a nice delicous salad! So, another shower is in order and then I'm on to do some chores!

Kim, whew I'm super impressed with your push-up feat! You are my push-up idol!!!! Sounds like you had a great workout! You guys have really accomplished alot since this whole house project began! It'll be great if you can go have some downtime and enjoy the camper!

Hello Cendrine and Rachel! Happy Saturday!

Okay one more thing...so the spin-a-thon today was the precursor to the big bike ride in May (for diabetes) and to bring awareness and hopefully more participation. So for that ride you can ride 25, 50, 75 or 100 miles. I really want to do that but I need a new bike! So will probably just sponsor someone else.

Good Saturday afternoon ladies!

So sorry I missed last night. It was a busy week and I think by last night all I wanted was pj's and to lay up under the fan and soak up the relaxing air! Oh I love this time of year but I hate the spring storms we tend to get. Last night they were warning about tornadoes and golf ball size hail and dh was so worried he made what we lovingly called a redneck car protector and then the storm missed us pretty much all the way! lol Poor dh was out there last night storm proofing for an hr and nothing happened!haha

I had a great workout this morning. For some reason, I forgot that Drill Max was more of a circuit workout because I have not done it that way too much and my friend has had it, so this morning I went for it and did the whole thing through drill five. Then I was out of time cause it was hair day this morning for me too but it was such a great revelation to see that I had improved in my stamina tremendously since the last time I did it! I think it is all because of the Hiit workouts. They have really helped me!

So after hair, I felt like shopping which I do not do too regularly and came home with a new bra, shorts, jeans and a cute top! So I feel like a new girl!

Kim-I bet you are right in guessing there is more to your sisters anger than just the misunderstanding that happened the other day. It is terrible if it is that you are moving because there is not too much you can do about that!
I forgot about the Hiit's tacked onto the weight work! I bet that is a killer workout all in one. I really am enjoying my rotation but I think what I am enjoying the most is that I am making time for it even though I do not have much time right now. I always like to prove to myself that I will keep on no matter what and this is helping that. I think I am pushing myself in these shorter workouts too because I know that I am only going for a little bit so I am trying to make the most of every minute! I should do that every time but I know I don't:eek:

Jo-Way to go Sweaty Betty! :p I love a good sweat...it makes me feel like I am workin'! It's good you got your sleep on before the spin a thon! I bet you are something to see going to town on that bike!
YOu know I did not realize that when you set up the first week of my new rotation that the Saturday workout should be a circuit workout so I will have to go back and look at that and see if I did that self conciously or if I need to change something.

Cendrine-I thought the kb was going to be alot more high impact than it was but found it to be a fun workout! I am glad you were able to get it done! I don't know if you have tried the boxing yet but I found it not too high impact either.

I hope you are all having a great Saturday. I feel like it is over and now I have a million things to do in a little bit of time!

TTYL

Rachel

Kim, funny that you should mention combo 3! LOL that was the trickiest one for me too! I am not sure if I got everything right on the facing away part of it but hey, I was moving and back facing forward when the next round started, so I considered it ok....LOL!
I don't think it was the workout but I am feeling worse than I have felt in two weeks with my back...:( I hope it goes away as quickly as it came. I did do High step challenge today, omitting the deadlifts and modifying the cardio parts where the fast feet and the zigzag hops are because jumping with both feet is just too much. Still got in a good sweat. I'm going to soak tonight!
I'm glad your clean up and organizing for the house is going so well! That must be so motivating! I had the kids do a major cleanup in the downstairs play area today because of tomorrow's babyshower, and it looks so nice!

Jo, nice job on the spinning! How long did you spin for? Can't you just put in the miles on a stationary bike for the bikeathon later on? I bet a lot more people could participate if that counted too, but then it's not the same as being outside...

Rachel, I'm glad you have the weekend to relax! Isn't it nice to treat yourself with something new when you are working hard like you are? How motivating that you are making it through drill max with so much ease! I hear you on the giving it more because it's a shorter workout, somehow when I know it's a longer workout I'm saving my energy to make it through....
Well, I will be busy prepping the house for the shower tomorrow and doing some food prep and stuff, so I don't know when I'll have time to check in, but you all have a great Sunday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.