Dumbbell Spotter?

Gobias

Cathlete
Does anyone know of a piece of equipment that would be used as a "dumbbell spotter" geared towards women? I can often lift a lot heavier if I didn't have to hoist the dumbbells up from a flat back or even inclined back position.

To lift heavier for legs, I use a weighted vest and fit tower. To lift heavier for upper body with a barbell, I use the fit tower. But I can't find a spotter for dumbbells that would work for me. I do see some bulky pieces of equipment, but it looks like it is geared more towards super heavy dumbbells/men's hands. I am hoping for a spotter in the vertical orientation and not so dang bulky for my smaller hands.

I have even started designing one to have it made at a machine shop...but am hoping there is already something out there for the ladies.

Thank You!

Something like this?

Yep, similar to that is what I am looking for, but geared more towards women. That one seems to be WAY too bulky for my smaller hands and smaller weights (causing the spotter to drop/rotate down once unracked). Seems the spotters out there already made are more towards man-hands and man-weights.

Was hoping for a vertical grip start also, versus the horizontal grip start. (I am much stronger racking and unracking in a vertical start versus horizontal).

I am thinking I will have to have one made! My workout equipment is probably 40% modified, so I am used to it. :)

I looked at these hooks. The shipping is more than the hooks! Please keep us posted if you have them made. The concept is great.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.