Do you prefer downloads or physical DVDs?

I'm getting an Ipad soon and would like to know what the process is. Are you able to just import the downloads into ITunes and then onto the device? I might switch to downloads it it's simple! I would probably also get a connector to the TV since the screen is so much larger.

I'm getting an Ipad soon and would like to know what the process is. Are you able to just import the downloads into ITunes and then onto the device? I might switch to downloads it it's simple! I would probably also get a connector to the TV since the screen is so much larger.

Yes, move the download into itunes and sync the ipad and it loads the movies. I have a connection cable attached to my TV in my workout room and hook my ipad to that. It's so easy!:D

DVDs, because I'm technologically stupid :p

I don't have an Ipad or fancy-pants Ipod or Iphone. I use my Shuffle to run an that works just fine, thanks. My computer is in the basement where I workout, but it faces the wrong way for me to see it, and things will only fit down here one way.

I could run a long cable from the computer to the TV, but then I have to buy a 10 or 12 foot cable.

Plus, the TV screen is bigger, and the sound is better, because it comes out through the stereo. The video quality on the TV seems like it would be better as well, but I've never seen a Cathe download on the computer, just her YouTube clips, and the TV is clearer.

And I can touch and feel and hug my DVDs :p Plus, they come in the mail, and I love to get packages in the mail!!!! :p:p:p

Nan

Interesting to hear everyone's preferences. Perhaps I should get a cable to hook my iPhone to the tv. Good idea to look for a used one cheaper I would probably only have enough free memory on my iPhone for one workout at a time so I would have to re sync every time I workout but that doesn't take too long.

For those who do hook their iPods to a tv, is the quality as good as the DVDs?

Also, Curt posted today in the WB support site that the DVD premixes will be available in a future release of the WB for anyone who purchased the download version at no cost.

Excellent! This, to me, was the one limitation of the downloads—no premixes.

While I have nothing against DVDs, I probably won't buy them anymore because the downloads serve my needs well enough. I can play them on the TV via Apple TV or sync them to my iPhone or iPad if I need to take them on-the-go. I love the creative possibilities of the Blender. So far, I haven't run into an issue with space, but there's always the external hard drive if I do.

The quality of the WOs when I play them through Apple TV is perfect. Actually, come to think of it, I sometimes had issues with DVDs getting stuck and that hasn't happened at all with the downloads. Just my experience.

Good luck with finding the solution that works best for you!

Downloads all the way. I bought the entire collection when it first came out (and was at a low price) and sold all of my DVDs. I also use a component cable to hook my iPhone up to my TV and the picture is great. I've been experimenting with creating my own workouts with the workout blender.

The one thing I really, really miss is premixes. :(

I like both. Like others said the DVDs are nice because of premixes, but with the workout blender I can create the same ones and more out of my downloads. When I had a hamstring injury I was able to make my own mix of only boxing from the mma videos. If sts is too long I can pick out just a few big exercises mixed with a little cardio for a more timesaving workout.

For me DVDs are nice because then I don't have to disconnect my iPod cable from the tv where I do weights (too small a room for step) to the living room where I do cardio.

Both have their upsides, but I must say the workout blender is making downloads more and more appealing

Shelby

I have both downloads and DVDs and I also prefer the DVDs because of the premixes also. I have a very expensive component cable to my TV that I use to hook my IPod touch and the picture quality isn't as good as the DVDs. That being said, I love having the downloads on my IPod touch so I can do the workouts wherever I happen to be when I am away from my workout room at home. In my world, there is room for both but I think the future is in the downloads.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.