Diet and Exercise software

Liz66

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share with you a program that helps you to reach your diet and fitness goals. It's called VidaOne Diet and Fitness (http://www.vidaone.com/). This company makes several other fitness-related programs as well.

Anyhoo, I have the aforementioned software on my pc and pocket pc. It asks you to enter your current weight, target weight and goal date. Then it allows you to track your calorie intake via a large (and customizable) food database, and tracks and makes caloric adjustments for your workouts (which tracks everything about your workouts, too!).

I've found this product to be very helpful. I usually don't take in enough calories, workout a lot and then peter out. This keeps me on the right path!

If anyone has VidaOne Diet and Exercise, looks at the site or knows anything about it, please feel free to let me know your thoughts (good or bad!)...

Just wanted to share that with everyone!
Liz

Hi Liz, thanks for sharing. I've looked at this software along with others in the past (been thinking about creating my own database on MSAccess, but this would be easier). A couple of questions for you:

1) Do you know what method is utilized to determine BMR and calories burned from exercise? Do you know if you can manually adjust each?

2) Can you customize the workout database by adding DVD workouts to it in their various forms, i.e., step, hi/lo, circuit, strength, etc.? And can you you manually enter calories burned or does it calculate it for you?

3) How does the heartrate monitor synchronizing work?

If you can't answer my questions, that's ok. TIA, Deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.