Did anyone watch Thintervention last night?

caseysmomgo

Cathlete
Jackie Warner's new show on Bravo, Thintervention, premiered last night. I recorded it and watched it this morning. It feels kind of like Biggest Loser, only it isn't a competition. I loved that Jeana from RHOC was one of the participants.

Jackie did seem to throw in a few good hints/tips throughout the show. Something that really stuck with me: She told everyone to get rid of all the sugar products in their homes. One guy ate two cookies, kind of like a "last hurrah" before throwing the rest out.

He told her that he ate the cookies, so she had him wear a HRM that showed calories burned. Then she had him hold two cookies (I think they were Oreos!) in his hand while he went up and down steps until he'd worked off the number of calories that the cookies contained. Really a hands-on lesson of how much you have to work to work off senseless calories that you consume. Some people may not agree with her methods, but this was kind of an "aha" moment for me and I won't forget it the next time I wander mindlessly into the kitchen and scarf some crap.:D

I think that's an awesome technique. The easiest way to not wonder into the kitchen to eat senseless crap is to not have it in your house. I stopped buying my daughter Oreo Cakesters this week - not because I'm all that tempted to eat them myself, I can't even remember the last time I had one, but because I don't want her eating them. I got her organic cinnamon graham crackers instead.

My biggest temptation is Godiva when I go to the mall. But fate has intervened there on my behalf (or so I like to think) and the Godiva store is no longer at our mall. Shame... I loved their pumpkin truffles and I think it's about that time when they'd start selling them.

I really liked this new show. I thought it was much better than The Biggest Loser. ... A couple of other hints she gave: She said adding lemon juice to your water can help you burn fat. Who knew? I'm buying many lemons today. Also, she said egg yolks have something in them that helps you burn fat. I ate my Egglands Best for breakfast this morning!!! I'm also buying her book now. I really liked the way the show gave useful information instead of just showing people kill themselves working out. Loved the show. Love Bravo!

dixiedog6 said:
Darn, I was going to watch it and I forgot all about it!

If you have on demand you can watch it from there, plus Bravo will re-air it several times.

I watched it. I liked it better than BL. BL is like a big commercial anymore for products. But I liked it because these guys have to go home everyday, they are not living at gym with all of their needs provided for them or the foods they should be eating. It just felt more realistic.

She did give some good tips.

I watched most of it, I will like this one, there were some really good tips, enough so, I might go back and re-watch. I have the book, have not read through it all yet, but want to go look at it again. I loved the cookie demonstration, that is pretty crazy when you think about how long it takes to burn off 2 measly cookies! I also like that no one gets voted off, that's one part of the Biggest Loser that has never sat very well with me, although most of the BL people do go home and have continued success.

she said egg yolks have something in them that helps you burn fat.

Did she say how many egg yokes you can eat? I LOVE the yolks but have been avoiding them because it throws my cholesterol intake too high. I don't have high blood pressure or anything, but I still like keeping it down below my max. One of my favorite breakfast is fried eggs with runny yokes that I can sop up with whole wheat toast. And I actually like the yokes in hard-boiled eggs. My dogs will be so disappointed if I start eating them again.

Oh phooey, I missed it but oh good. I'm glad it's on demand. I'm gonna check it out and DVR it for next week. What time does it air?

thanks!
Pam

I watched it too!

I actually stumbled across it channel surfing because I couldn't sleep.

It was okay. Very much like the Biggest Loser, except nobody is sent home. Is it a contest? I couldn't tell. One guy kept saying he was going to "win this thing", but I wasn't sure if that was a figure of speech, or was he saying he was going to win the contest of who loses the most.

Regarding some of the tips that she gave, what was it she said about cottage cheese? I missed it. Cottage cheese is one of my favorite foods.

She mentioned cottage cheese having casein in it.

I don't think it's a contest if it is I didn't catch mention of it. I think it is just about the journey of this group of clients to lose weight.

You can watch it on Hulu

For those who missed it, it looks like Episode 1 is available on Hulu, along with other "web exclusive" video clips.

Oh phooey, I missed it but oh good. I'm glad it's on demand. I'm gonna check it out and DVR it for next week. What time does it air?

thanks!
Pam

I'm pretty sure it is going to be Mondays at 10 pm est. But Bravo will replay this plenty during the week

I DVR'd this but haven't watched it yet. I am a huge fan of Jackie Warner's. I used to watch Workout when it was on Bravo, and she always gave helpful tips on weight loss and fitness. I always liked her can-do approach and how she stressed that you don't have to live in a gym to be fit. A lot of what she preaches is how big an importance diet plays in being healthy. SO excited for this show!! And I love Jeanna :D

I watched most of it, she cracks me up b/c she is a big promoter of not doing sit ups to work abs (I rememer that from the Workout). I've never been one to overeat on anything b/c I get bored with it all. I know what things to completely stay away from, but I eat what I want only in moderation (it can take me a week to eat one piece of cheesecake or it may go to waste all together, but I have my sweets). I' going to try lowering my carb intake and see how that works for me.

I do think it's better than Biggest Loser though.

Did she say how many egg yokes you can eat? I LOVE the yolks but have been avoiding them because it throws my cholesterol intake too high. I don't have high blood pressure or anything, but I still like keeping it down below my max. One of my favorite breakfast is fried eggs with runny yokes that I can sop up with whole wheat toast. And I actually like the yokes in hard-boiled eggs. My dogs will be so disappointed if I start eating them again.

I just bought her book today and LOVE it. I have dog-eared half the pages! She says to eat two whole eggs every day. She says she hardboils a bunch at a time and eats two during the day as snacks. I don't like boiled eggs, so I'll just keep scrambling them for bfast. I too had been afraid to use too many yolks and had been scrambling one whole egg and a white, but I think I'll start just scrambling two eggs. Her diet plan is full of food. The hardest thing for me will be cutting out the sugar. Ugh. But the great thing about her plan is you eat clean as a whistle five days a week, but then, if you've been totally good and done your workouts, you can have two "cheat" meals on the weekend. Ah. This is so appealing to me. I can have pizza night!! :)

Yes, I'm THAT excited about this book. I'm going to officially start it tomorrow. I had a run-in with some candy :eek: tonight (thanks, DH!!! :mad:), so TOMORROW is the day...

I'd like to check out her book also - I like her no nonsense, "this is your reality" approach things. If you don't follow her "diet" completely and already eat pretty clean, are their enough ideas of hers to include in your lifestyle to tweak things a bit?

So, the only thing I don't like about her book is that it leaves little room for vegetarians, "mostly vegetarian" people like myself, so I'm having to use my imagination. I went to the health store today where I promptly got ripped off after looking online at prices of CLA. I bought CLA, glutamine, some extra vitamin C to supplement my multi-vitamin.. And I also take a B-complex (in dropper form). I also try to take calcium supplements since I don't drink a lot of milk anymore... Any suggestions on when/how I should take these supplements? I'm not sure how to group them, as I used to only take a multi and my b-complex. Do any of you guys take glutamine and/or CLA? What have you thought about them?

I got this book when it came out and the program WORKS!!! I had about five really stubborn pounds I needed to kick to the curb, and with Jackie's sensible eating plan + my Cathe/Kelly Coffey Meyer rotations, I have maintained my goal weight all summer.

I always thought I was a healthy eater but I had no IDEA how much sugar I was consuming until Jackie discussed it in her book. EGADS, eye-opener! The whole book was like that for me, and the show was just like what she preaches in the book. Workout smart, but not for hours. Watch your sugar. Combine protiens/carbs in the right way. There are even menu plans for people who don't want to cook and recipes, too.

The cookie demo--my favorite part of the show. That really does make you think, doesn't it?

:) Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.