Did anyone notice...

Cruncholi

Cathlete
that Donna's (gettingfit@39) receipe for black-bean roll-ups was published in the November issue of Shape? I'm pretty sure it is her! Anyway, I made a version of them last night and they were really delicious!

OMG I can't believe you saw that! I almost missed it myself! But that's me, Donna in Fayetteville, PA. :D

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

Donna! Post the recipe, please!

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/lach.gif[/img]

Ladies,

I never got back to this post until now. I was looking for my November issue of Shape to post the recipe and I think I may have made its way to the huge pile of magazines that I intend to someday go through and tear out all the recipies I like for my big recipe binder. In other words, it is currently among the missing so I can't find the recipe! DONNA...please give us the recipe again!

My recollection is that you take your favorite black bean dip (fat free) [I used home-made refried black beans] and spread it over a whole wheat tortilla. Place some shredded low-fat cheddar cheese over the top and bake in the oven for a few minutes until cheese is melted. Place some shredded romaine lettuce over the cheese and roll up and eat.

I think I also used some salsa on the version I made because I didn't have any lettuce.

Donna, how did I do???

Linda

Linda, you did great! :D

Here's the recipe guys:

Black-Bean Roll Up

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread 2 tablespoons fat free black-bean dip, 1/4C shredded Monterey Jack cheese and 2 tablespoons salsa on a whole wheat tortilla.
Bake for 10 minutes. Add 1/4C shredded lettuce, roll up and serve with extra salsa as desired or on the side.

*you can make this snack even more healthy by chosing a higher fiber lettuce such as Romaine or spinach, and you can use a reduced fat cheese over the full fat. :D

Donna

Yummm~these sound great! I have made this before but never thought about putting the lettuce/Romaine on it. Thanks Donna!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Donna,
Thanks for posting the correct recipe!
Have you changed your screen name to "getnfit" permanently?
Linda

Hey I'll bet this will be good in the microwave, too! I didn't bring lunch & was planning on running to the grocery store to buy just a boring salad. Now I think these will be AWESOME & I can share a healthy lunch with my co-workers!

Linda~yes, FINALLY I can stay with one name now! :D It never occurred to me way back when that each year I'd be getting older (duh!) and my age would change! So now I'm just "getnfit!" :D

Donna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.