Did Anybody See Brooke Shields On Oprah?

Madonna

Cathlete
Did you see Brooke Shields on Oprah yesterday? If you did, tell us what you thought about the interview. I took a look at her on Oprah's website, and not to be critical, but does she look like she has had something "done"?

Love,

Madonna

Who in Hollywood HASN'T had something "done"!? lol

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]
EDD: 05/19/05

I did see Brook Shields on Oprah yesterday. I didn't really consider if she'd had anything "done." I thought she looked beautiful, though.

I was quite caught up in her story. Wow. Very sad.

She's just gorgeous and always has been. To me she just looks very slender and more mature!

I saw her to and thought her story is probably connecting with a lot of women. I didn't have her degree of the illness but I was depressed for a while after my child was born. I think I had a much lesser degree of it. But Brooke looked gorgeous as usual,she might have had something done because that's the business she's in. How old is she?

I believe she will be 40 this year. If I remember right her birthday is May 26, because it's the same as mine and I'm almost positive she was born the same year as me.

I missed it, darn! But, what was the BIG thing that we "just wouldn't believe?" I knew she had depression, but I thought there was something else that they kept saying to make sure you watched to find out.

~Marcia!~

>I missed it, darn! But, what was the BIG thing that we "just
>wouldn't believe?" I knew she had depression, but I thought
>there was something else that they kept saying to make sure
>you watched to find out.
>
>~Marcia!~

I caught part of it. I guess that from all the 'happy mom and baby" pictures, people might not believe that at times she couldn't stand her baby and felt no connection to her. She was so depressed, she thought of suicide. And she seemed to have a form of post-partum psychosis rather than just PPD.

I saw it and Oprah wasnt too excited about the whole interview, I think Brook did the interview to make her book famous,,, there are lots of celebrities coming to tv saying their stories of failures, last nite I saw Dr. Phil special about Pat O'brien and his lusty tape on the internet, and I dont believe on them anymore... is all about the money.
I rather watch Animal Planet, hahaha.
The joy of moving, N

I was friends with Brooke's half-sister in college and hung out with her a few times. She is one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people I've ever met. And smart! I didn't see her on Oprah, but I was sorry to hear she has PPD.

I saw the show and thought the interview was great. I thought she was very candid. Very open and honest about a subject that, apparently, most women don't talk about for fear of being judged. It takes balls to say a lot of the things she said -- admitting to wanting to kill herself at times, admitting to not liking her child, admitting to being angry at her husband and child right after the birth, admitting to not wanting to live in the same house as the child. Her interview was the first time I'd ever heard a woman admit to all those things -- and she is a celebrity with the means to have people help her (with the child and medically and mentally). I thought it was a great interview and very brave of her and hopefully it will help other women understand that they aren't the only ones who suffer from this illness.

Don't care if she's had anything done or not.

Shonie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.