Diane Sue - OMG!

dss62467

Cathlete
Holy Cow, Diane Sue!!!! I got curious about you when you said your grandchildren ate Pop Tarts, so I just had to look at your website. You look phenomenal!!!! How long have you been working out? I want your arms! You are TRULY an inspiration and I can only hope I look as good as you when I reach 52!

Thank you Donna. It is somewhere around 25 years I think. I started with television, then records, Jane Fonda's first, all of the early Firms and just kept going. When asked how long I have to estimate by youngest childs age who is 25. She was a baby when I really started at it pretty regular. That is also when I had cancer and decided to take care of my health.
Diane Sue

I have to say as well, that I think you look fantastic. I'm sure you've been asked this before, but do you follow a specific diet plan?

I also noticed that it looks like you do some cardio on the days you do weight work. I work out 6 days a week and there is no way I even look close to you. I'm wondering if adding in daily cardio would help.

Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration.
Shopgirl :)

Not only is she gorgeous, but she is incredibly gracious as well. There was a time a while back when many people on this forum (myself included - hanging my head in shame here) doubted that anyone could look that fantastic! We were all so very wrong and I can’t even understand how I could think that way now. So Diane Sue if I never said so before, I’m really very sorry for that. I'm very inspired by your hard work. ;-)

Liz

Thank You everyone. Shopgirl I do not follow a specific diet plan. I have been entering what I normally eat in my PDA program and I find I average around 40 pro.,40 carbs and 20 fat. That is average. I don't eat a lot of starches or sugar. I eat whole wheat pasta or a whole wheat tortilla probably once a week and once in awhile I will eat low carb special K. I buy all kinds of recipe books just looking for healthy recipes that are high protein. Most of my carbs come from vegetables and some fruit. I never add extra salt to anything. I try and find things low sodium or make things myself so I know what is in it. And that doesn't mean I don't eat the occasional treat. I do do cardio every day that I work out .Usually that is 6 days sometimes 5. Liz there is no need to apologize. I tend to be skeptical of people. I really think most people on here at Cathe's are who they say they are. And I feel like I kind of know many of them from the years I have been here as a lurker and posting. This is such a supportive and nice bunch of people.
Diane Sue

Diane Sue,

Everyone is right...you are obviously lovely inside & out. You are a true inspiration...not just for your beauty, but also for your committment & strength of mind.

I hope I can give as much of myself to my quest for health as you have to yours!

Ruth:)

D.S. - you mentioned that you had cancer in your mid-20's. That's horrible! My mother and mother-in-law both died of cancer (both were in their 50's). What kind of cancer was it, if you don't mind such a personal question. It's wonderful to see that you not only survived, but you truly beat its ass! (pardon my French, everyone)

Diane Sue and I have become cyber friends this past year and I have to say, she is the nicest/kindest/caring person. Always willing to give ideas/tips when asked too. Being the same age as her, I find her a true inspiration. You GO DS!!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Wow!

How good do you look! You're an inspiration to us all.

I know when I saw your pictures, I was quite envious (in a nice way) - you have the physique I've been striving for all these years.

Admittedly, I've not been working out for 25 years but I hope in years to come, I can get somewhere near what you've achieved.

Way to go!

Andrea

Hi Diane Sue,
I was just reading through this post and you had mentioned you had cancer. I am currently recovering from colon cancer. I am finished with my chemo treatments and all tests indicate that its gone :) Now I don't want it to ever come back!

So, I was wondering how you introduced exercise and a good diet into your life? Are there any books you can recommend? I haven't exercised in 6 months and I just started 30 min walks and some low intensity videos.

You are definitly an inspiration to me!
Joyce

Joyce,
I would recommend going to the library and checking out a variety of health, fitness, and nutrition books. I have done this for years. One book that I do have and pull out to check on different issues is The Mount Sinai School of Medicine Complete Book of Nutrition. I am not sure if they have an updated one. Mine is copyrighted 1990. One of their recommendations to prevent cancer and for cancer patients is to eat a greater variety of foods for greater assurance that anti cancer nutrients will be eaten. They say variety , balance and moderation. Also they say to maintain a desireable weight, which we are all trying to do, that's why we are here. When I first started with my workouts I would do television workouts and used a jump rope. I remember being so proud of myself when I could jump rope for 15 minutes. I also checked out nutrition books for children, so I could find healthy choices for their meals. My DH & I have lost family members to cancer. That is wonderful that your cancer is gone. Keep up the good work and I am sure you will feel much healthier & stronger.
Diane Sue

Diane Sue, I just want to add that I always enjoy reading your posts and you are a huge inspiration to me! :) :)

Jo

Diana,
I know it's been said but you really are an inspiration to us. I hope that when I'm your age I can look as good, and be as healthy as you obviously are.

Shirley

I missed the pop-tart/picture thread. Can someone let me know where it is? Diane Sue seems to be inspiring everyone and I could use some inspiration.

Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.