David Carradine

morningstar

Cathlete
I am so freakin' upset that David Carradine is dead and that he killed himself. At the age of 72, no less. Damn. I really liked him. Bloody hell.

The news stated that he committed suicide. Was he diagnosed with something terminal recently????:confused:

I don't know. From the little bit of info they have released, his death sounds...well, weird. Someone that age, in the middle of a project he had to travel a good distance for, deciding to kill himself out of the blue? Why even begin the project? Well, I guess we will find out more over time. I'm still reeling over the Chris Benoit murders.
It doesn't sound like it was 'roid rage' or any kind of rage, but a cold, calculated string of events that just saddens and scares the crap out of me.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but the talk all over on reddit is that it was an auto-erotic asphyxiation accident.

-Beth

Beth! *GASP* :confused:

Although, that WOULD make better sense than suicide, because he appeared to be doing well career-wise.

I think I'd rather it was an erotic accident than suicide. At least his final thoughts would have been more likely to be positive than full of despair. And I think that makes more sense, given the kind of guy he seemed to be and the interesting life he's led. Either way, it sucks that he's gone.

I don't know. From the little bit of info they have released, his death sounds...well, weird. Someone that age, in the middle of a project he had to travel a good distance for, deciding to kill himself out of the blue? Why even begin the project? Well, I guess we will find out more over time. I'm still reeling over the Chris Benoit murders.
It doesn't sound like it was 'roid rage' or any kind of rage, but a cold, calculated string of events that just saddens and scares the crap out of me.

Chris Benoit murders...I still can't understand what happen with that. Shame.

Auto-erotic asphyxiation accident? If that's what I think it is then it may have been an accidental suicide.

Last edited:
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but the talk all over on reddit is that it was an auto-erotic asphyxiation accident.

-Beth

How horrible! I loved Kung Fu! OMG, Beth, REALLY???? If that's the case, I'll never be able to think of him again without that kind of image in my head! :eek:

Well, I hope he's at peace anyway.

Tricia

-Beth
That falls in line with what I heard this morning on the News. They used the term "accidental suffocation".

I hate to say it but when I heard the news stating that he hung himself I thought really? at 72? Was he terminal? Or was it... well I couldn't think of the name ... but yup I was thinking auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Too bad.

-Beth

That was my first thought. As was previously stated, he was 72, in Thailand (fringe sex capital of the world) filming a movie... His daughter said he was never depressed...

Still, Suicide or auto-erotic asphyxiation, his death is tragic. I LOVED KUNG FU and, with the Kill Bill movies. To top it all off, his career was getting a second wind.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.