Damage Control...week of June 19th! :)

WED hump day .. woot woot

Hello Ladies!!

Class - air was on - thank goodness!!! class rocked - mish mosh of plyo combos - lunge/squat combos and some BR stuff thrown in for good measure!! :D Was a sweaty mess when I left!!! this morning .. YES I got up and knocked out STS LEGS - yowza!!! and DOMS: YIKES :eek: shoulders, chest, core, and tris EEEEEOOOOUCCHHHHH - it hurts to lift my arm above shoulder level :confused: :p

WEendy - I KNOW I am ADDICTED to BR too!! Zuzana takes a hard exercise and makes it harder - have you noticed Cathe has added a "challenge" segment to her site - she is amazing - I am taking it this is gonna be something similar - knowing Cathe it will be awesome tho!!! YES I do think I am gonna join you in that workout today at lunch - but think I am gonna add some extra hanging moves to it ... thinking the counter will work fine for me .. LOL

Di - man you cant catch a break w/your boss - similar trend here w/my PIA .. she is worse than ever - you know she is back into give her an inch she demands a mile ..well she is there .. and stomping on MY LAST NERVE .. I will NEVER understand why the lazy and nonproductive people seem to get promoted and REWARDED for their bad behavior .. all b/c they KISS @$$ good!!! #!%#$%@#$%#$% GGRRRRRRRRRR

I will try to find PDF file of story .. ya .. think that is internal site .. :( .. will try agian when i get a chance!!

No class tonight - date night w/DH!!! ;)

OK .. have a great one!!!

Diana:: Sorry about your boss getting pulled from your dept to work on a project. Who will you report to in the meantime?? How long is this project supposed to last??? IKWYM about the BR work outs! The amount of work outs to choose from had me seriously intimidated and lost at first. Still not sure how I'll work the actual BR rotation but I've got some ideas and can't wait to start!:D 41# for bi's in M2 is incredible! :) I think I will JUST make 40# towards the end of M3 but not in the final work out even! I think I'll be at like 38# for that work out. I'm so weak! :eek:

Laura:: Yay for air conditioning!!! And speaking of leg work outs and lower body DOMS-when I got up this morning I was surprised that my legs weren't really bothering me. I could feel them a little but VERY little. Well...after my work out this morning I was stretching and did the move where you lie on your back and draw your feet into your chest w/bent legs to stretch the inner thighs and AYE CARRUMBA I found a TON of DOMS that was apparently hiding on me!!!!:eek::eek::eek: Good job getting STS legs done this morning! You are rocking the A.M. work outs! Diana-I think we have a morning work out convert in our midst! ;) LOL

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Disc 15 is done....my arms are fried to say the least. I'll pop in later for personals....need to get logged into work superfast!

Diana:: I've come up with an idea for a BR rotation that I'm really liking...tell me what you think of it...

Days 1,2,3 & 4: 1 BR work out per day (or more if you desire) supplementing with cardios of choice on an as needed basis.
Day 5: Any cardio (only) of choice.
Day 6: Any full body weight work out (only) of choice.
Day 7: Rest

Last edited:
Wendy-I would probably prefer another weight day, maybe BR on days 1, 2, 4, 6, full body wts on days 3, 5 (or circuit) and rest on 7. I'm up for anything and will probably just go with it. We can always add in cardio or weights if we feel we aren't getting enough from BR. I'm going to do a BR w/o today at lunch, not sure which one though.

Diana:: Work it however you like! Whatever works for you! I may find I want to change it once I get started and see how it's going myself. This is just my initial idea to start with! And who knows...even THAT could change between now and the first day of the rotation! ;):D

I did Zuzana's Poker Face w/o at lunch:

BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv I need to work on those ninja jumps. I had to modify that since regretfully...i sucked at these. I used my weight vest as the sand bag. The 123 pushups were pretty hard and I only lasted for 40 seconds each round instead of 50. I managed all the other exercises for 50 seconds. Something to work towards!

Going to have to check this one out too but not until AFTER I've done the one I posted above! ;)

OH MY

LAWD - two MONSTERS have been created!!! and ya'll are trying to morph me into a bodyrock monster too :p ;) :D uummmm BOTH those workouts look awesome!!! YES I WILL be trying BOTH of them!!!

OK Wendy - 500 reps of HIGH KNEES??? I am taking that is done in a fast upright Insanity/Asylum style - not one foot totally stable whole time? YIKES - my friend thought the 350 jumping jacks I have in intervals in my mish mosh class is bad!! :confused: holy crap!!! I do all of those moves in my Plyo class tmrw night EXCEPT the knee raise one .. but dont think I NO WHERE NEAR can match those kind of reps on the high knees and low jacks! 500 really????

Hey question have either of you tried using the power tower for the knee ins?? just curious - I was thinking it should work - hands on bar behind body a bit ??? wondering if that would work??

DI: she has that ninja jump move broken down here: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv
aslo you could add a "cheat" by curling your toes up in the back - then popping up .. think that would be ALMOST close to the full version - BTW - my legs were burning by just WATCHING the freakin clip of that .. LOL

You girls are killing me!!! LOLOLOLOL :p:p

Last edited:
Wendy-It's cardio day tomorrow so I could give it a try. Not sure if I can even do 500 scissors. I think I can get 500 high knees and and low jacks though, it won't be easy but I think I can do it. I'm considering splitting up the 500 scissors, 250/then 25 hanging leg raise/remaining 250 scissors. Who'm I kidding, those scissors will kick my butt. I think I struggled when there was 30 of them in another BR w/o.

Laura-Yes, I saw the breakdwon...I just can't do it.:mad: I will learn though! I put my hands down and jumped into a squat. I haven't tried using the tower for knee ins. Today I used 2 folding chairs and I stood between them. My son said it wasn't safe cuz our cheapo folding chairs could snap pretty easily. I have a door gym with straps that could be used for the knee ins. I'm pretty sure your class is going to think you've lost your mind with all these BR add-ins!

STS M3 W2 D30(SBT)...DONE!:D

Diana:: The exercise that has killed you in previous exercises are the jump lunges I think. I know this b/c they've killed me too! :p Scissors are easier. It's where you just alternate your feet and hand forward and backward in opposition holding both your legs and arms relatively straight. Jump lunges are where you do same move but you bend your knees into a lunge position. Scissors are not lunges. Fee better now? :)

Laura:: Yes, Insanity style high knees-basically a hi knee run. You can do it! :)

Hi ladies,

I slept in and have to say I have been sleeping great! Hope I don't jinx myself. If I workout it would have to be short. I may skip the a.m. workout since I have bootcamp tonight.

Wendy-Whew...thanks for the clarification. I was thinking jump lunges. Scissors would be much easier, not easy...but easier!

You're welcome Diana. I'll do that work out tmrw or over the weekend. Not exactly sure yet but it'll get done! :D I had originally scheduled it for tmrw but DS is going to my inlaws today until Saturday so that means I'll have extra time in the morning so I may put it to good use and bang out another STS work out. I usually save the 2 longer STS's for the weekends but I can fit it in tmrw if I want to now so I'm considering it....Enjoy bootcamp class tonight!

THURS

Hey ..

sorry I am late - but have had a girl sitting w/me all day - learning some of my reports to work - STILL have DOMS in the shoulders, chest and tris - I got up and did STS back and bis - trmw I am sure I will be sore upped the weight again - managed 60# on back - and STRUGGLED w/35# on the bis :confused: WHY do I struggle so w/my bis???? I am only doing 15# on the dumbells bis ?? I cant seem to break that barrier no matter what - can feel my shoulders kicking into compensate theweakness :mad: ticks me off!!! How can my tris be stronger than my bis????

Wendy - IDK if I can do 500 high knees at once .. YIKES ... I am sure I can if I try .. I may be near leg and ab burnout and puke factor may kick in - but I will BE TRYING!!

Di - HUGE difference between jump lunges (plyo lunges) and scissors .. LOL .. HUUUUGE difference!!!! think you can do 500 of those easy!!

OK .. I am at end of raw fuse again w/PIA - :mad: - need TIME OFF AWAY FROM HER SORRY LAZY PAMPERED BUTT .. UGH .. same old same old sorry story .. gggrrr!! Cant wait to work out some frustrations in class tonight .. ppoooooooorrrrrrrrr class!!! :confused: :eek: :D TONIGHT IS FULL OUT PLYO - 60 minutes - NO MERCY!!!!! have a great one!;)

Hey Girls,

No workout to report for this morning....but bootcamp kicked my butt tonight with tons of pushups, 100 yard dashes, burpees, dips, walking lunges etc. I also have an early meeting tomorrow morning...UGH. We'll have to see what time I get up. Maybe I can do the BR w/o tomorrow.

DH just told me his mom is taking us to brunch on Sat morning for his birthday. I hate when family functions get in the way of my workouts.

Only one more week until my girls get here...next Saturday! I'm so excited.

Laura-Congrats on upping your weights...that what STS is all about. I can do 65# for barbell rows, 40# for barbell curls. Some of the db curls I do with 20#, but the ones all the I can only manage 15's. The way I broke the 15# barrier was to use the 20's to start with, if only for 1 or 2 reps...then finish with the 15's. Eventually I was able to do all the reps with 20's. I actually think Wendy may have given me this advice. Biceps are my weakest link...and I'm bummed that my arm muscles don't show like the rest you.

Nighty Night.

Oh Diana and Laura, lookie here at what I found that we all must try soon!!!! Looks brutal! ;)

BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv

heheh! :)

ETA:: Actually I am going to shoot for Friday to do this...in between STS work outs that I have on tap for tmrw and the weekend!

I came, I saw, I conquered!!!!

My time: 27 mins 30 secs :D

Notes: Started doing the low jacks at way too slow of a pace. They were killing me (and wasting time!)! I had to stop after every 20 reps. Once I finally sped it up they went much faster....I couldn't do the hanging knee raises off the tower. It's too low so I did the ones from the other day using the kitchen chairs instead of a dip station-gotta make it work, right? :)

Last edited:
TGIF Ladies!

Me too Wendy!!! 26:05 Still trying to catch my breath! On the leg lift/starfish crunch/hip lift...I lower my straight legs to the floor...OMG..after about 7 of them it was really tough. I bent my knees, lowered to the floor then extended on a few of them. The High Knees and the Scissors were not as bad as I was expecting. My legs were burning towards the end of the low jacks too. Great workout!

bbl

Diana, Great job and you nosed me out on time too! ;) I lowered my straight legs back down to the floor on that ab move as well. Awesome combo ab move that I need to remember for future use! :) I did the high knees in sets of 100 with a few second rest in between basically just to write down where I was at so I didn't lose track. The scissors weren't bad but the low jacks KILLED me until I sped up and even then I found them to be tough but I did it and it's a keeper!!! :D

PS--I have the Hot Poker Face work out scheduled for next wednesday!:eek:

ETA:: Okay, forget my PS cause I'm now changing things up a bit :p...found the "wild and free work out" that I want to do this coming wednesday and then I will do the Hot Poker face the following week! I also found another w/o called "sexy sweat in 400 reps" that I have put on my to-do list as well! :D Now I gotta start trying to figure out what work outs I might want to do in A/C over July 4th weekend!:eek: Theses need to be equipment free with the exception of something small but no weights or anything. Will probably do that interval cardio work out and something else...Decisions! LOL

Last edited:
TGIF LADIES!!! WOOT WOOT

Hey ladies ..

sorry late posting have had a person training w/me today - just getting a good break!!! :eek: DOMS: shoulders, back and core!!! PLYO was GREAT - played w/the reps and rests and man was it kickbutt - I wore my new tank top - hot pink - the front says "STRONG is the new SKINNY" .. on the back it says "I am beautiful and strong - and I can KICK YOUR ASS" :eek: :p:p:p well about 40 min into the workout one of my regulars - yelled out "hey Laura - stop - I gotta sign the back of your shirt - b/c you have sure kicked my @$$ today" :p:p:p:p :D:D:D:D :eek::eek::eek: LOLOLOLOLOL

I have not had time to look on BR site - so I will have to go check out these workouts you two are talking about - I was hoping to have time to print out some - but only got a couple printed out.

I got up this morning did STS LEGS last disc meso 2 :eek: :):):) LOVING the results I must say!!

Di - WTG on the workout - we do a similar ab exercise in my class - it is killer ... but works the crap outta you!!!!

Wendy - so when are you going to AC .. next weekend??

OK .. LEGS is the only workout on tap for today - tmrw and SUN I am thinking Asylum and repeating the 2 UB last meso 2 disc - ?? IDK .. we will see .. going shopping tmrw afternoon!!! OK .. I ALMOST can call it a day!! WOOT WOOT! have a great weekend - I will try to check in this weekend!!;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.