Damage Control September!!!

Yes, I'm hoping it's water weight. I did drop back a pound today. I sleep with a fan on and sometimes had to aim it on me at night to sleep. From what I remember, some months were better than others. Stress seems to exacerbate them (for me anyway). I'm packing next Mon/Tue. I have to work all weekend and then will do my wash Monday and probably pack Tues. I need to review how many workout clothes to bring. I might use the stretch class ones for another class-any reason I couldn't?

I loved Plyo Legs yesterday! I'd forgotten about the one arm burpees-so much fun! I did it like Insanity for some of the exercises and got fewer reps than in the program, but got a great workout in. I tacked on medicine ball abs at the end and enjoyed the extended stretch. My legs are minimally sore today. I should be able to do a kickbox workout later.

Tonight I have cards and then book club. I only read two chapters of the book. Hope you're feeling more rested today.

Beth

I slept better last night finally. This morning I did the next BR w/o and this afternoon I did XTRAIN CLB with my 10#vest and abs. I plan to workout everyday until I head out to meet you in person. I'm done with STS, I can't change my barbell weight. It is too painful to get the damn clip on and off and it's just not going to happen. I'll have to do discs that use dumbbells instead of a barbell. I can barely un-clip my vest.

I found the RT agenda on line and you need 6 workout outfits. Yes, you can absolutely use the stretch clothes for another session. You might want to bring shorts for the beach workout. Great job with plyo legs. The plyo workouts seem to go by quickly.

bbl

Good morning. Back to work for me today at 2. I'm planning on just taking a brisk(ish) walk this morning. Yesterday I did STS MMA Kickbox all but the push ups at the end-subbed plank punches and some leg throughs for the abs. Had dessert last night at book club and am showing it on the scale. Laid awake last night worrying about how many pairs of shoes to bring!

Glad you slept better and got some good workouts in.

Off to walk,

Beth

Yesterday was the next BR w/o and it was really hard. It's only 12 minutes for the regular w/o ad 6 minutes for overtime. I was beat for the rest of the day. I finally went and walked after dinner to get in my 10K steps. This morning I did HCUB with my 10#vest and I hope to get in Ramped UB later today. I do not think my arm is getting any better. It hurts the worst when I first get up in the morning. Of course it feels better when I ice it but I really don't feel like it is healing at all. I just avoid the exercises that cause more pain. Things like side lat raise, rear delts etc.

Nice job with MMA! I haven't done that one in ages. I always tend to over pack. I try not to, especially for just a long weekend. Make sure you have the shoes you want to work out in, and shoes for each of the dinners, flip flops for the beach, oh and some throw away shoes you can wear for the beach workout. Be comfortable and be yourself!

bbl

Well, that sounds like a lot of shoes! I don't really have any I could throw away. I might just wear my waterproof birkenstocks for the beach and the beach workout. Decisions, decisions (in a really great way!) There's no way I could overpack-my suitcase is too small!

Glad the BR w/os are challenging-it sounds like they are shaking up your system. Tuesday I ended up going for a bike ride and Wed. was pool day. I may go off my schedule and try to get some more biking in between now and the trip. My endurance was sorely lacking on Tuesday and I think I need to build it up. The hot weather is finally gone here-high in the high 60's today which is much nicer to bike in.

It sounds like you're doing all you can for your arm. I don't know when if ever I'll be able to do decent upper body again. I'm still really limited. I still do all my stretches 2x a day, everyday. It's become an automatic part of the day and night.

Beth

Although I didn't sleep very well at all, I still got a w/o in this morning. I did an off rotation BR w/o. I had more time this morning so I chose a 45 minute w/o. I was sweating buckets. I still haven't had a chance to do that UB workout yet.

I get new running or cross training shoes on a regular basis. I made sure to save my old pair for the RT. I tried keeping my shoes after the beach workout but they were just never the same and I ended up throwing them out.

Some day I will get back on my bike. There has been road construction in my neighborhood for the past 18 mos. Once they are done, they will be re-striping the road and bike lanes. Then I can bike again.

We had to turn our furnace on this week. It's been in the 50's and 60's with lots of rain.

I took melatonin last night and slept better. This morning was the BR w/o and this afternoon I did S&S Total Body Giant Sets. Busy with work.

Thursday I rode bike again and Friday I did Pyramid Lower body.

Glad you slept better. I've been taking Melatonin, too. Not much on my schedule this weekend-work and watch a few soccer matches. Have a good weekend off!

Beth

Yesterday I did a longer BR w/o that kicked my butt. Then I had a baby shower to go to in the afternoon. I refrained from eating at the baby shower since DH was cooking a roast on the grill. It was delicious. I also put together my w/o clothes for the RT. I need to figure out what else I'm going to bring. I'd like to pack today or tomorrow.

This morning I woke up starving. I had a tortilla w/peanut butter. It was so good. I just finished mowing the lawn and will be showering, starting laundry, and going grocery shopping.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Hello!

All I can say is: no more shifts until the road trip!!! I had 3 extra long shits this weekend but am so excited I got up early today to start doing wash and packing. I got no workouts in over the weekend, but did get all my steps in so that will have to do. I'm doing Xtrain Express Leaner Legs today. It sounds like you had a nice weekend!

Beth

This morning I did a BR Legs w/o and at lunch I did LIHI CST & abs. My steps have been short every day for the past week or so. It's been raining for days and I'm not going out in it. It's only in the 50's, cold and rainy. I brought my suitcase upstairs and have most of the stuff laid out on the guest bed. The w/o clothes are packed and I got my toiletries together. Just figuring out what to where on the plane, cold here and hot in FL. I'm leaning towards shorts or capris. I still need to figure out what to wear for the 2 dinners. I have a skirt and top selected for one and capris with a tank top for the other. Something to wear while we are out and about on Sunday afternoon. It looks like there is an awesome boardwalk we can go check out.

Yay for no shifts until after the RT!!!

Well, I got my wash done today. I've got my ziplock bags out and am heading upstairs to pack. I think I'll wear jeans for the travel and take one other pair of pants for a dinner and the trip home. The other dinner-I haven't decided yet. The weather there looks to be in the 80's!!! I'm definitely taking some shorts, at least 3 pairs of sneakers, and 2 pairs of sandals. I better get packing. Oh-I got another bike ride in today and am planning on doing the pool tomorrow. Thursday we're getting up at 3:30 to leave for the airport at 4:15. It'll take an hour to get there and the plane leaves at 6:05. I'm so excited!!!

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.