Damage Control September :)

Hi all! Happy Friday!

rmrmr- what is MFP? Tell me about macros and stuff, please! I'm so struggling with the eating piece!!

Fembot-I'm actually not using a pre algebra homeschool program. A friend of mine who when to an all girls college prep school (Baldwin, in the Philly 'burbs) who went to Dickinson as a math major until she changed in here sr year) recommended this as she is using it with her boys. I found the 1983 version, and an answer key and a supplemental workbook. The author is Dolciani, it is discussed at length on the Well Trained Mind forum. So I got it, I love math and think I'm pretty good at it so I didn't want a DVD to teach my kids math (like Math U See or Teaching Textbooks or even Chalk Dust). But things really came to a head this week. So at our co op yesterday, I asked the math teacher about it and showed him the book. He said my pre algebra book was more like Saxon's Algebra book not pre algebra. These last couple of weeks JTrain has been doing commission, sales, simple interest, compound interest and the teach said he would have skipped that chapter! So that makes me feel a lot better. We will finish the book, but I'm not going to get bogged down with him going back and fixing every.single.problem. He will take the test on this chapter, and we will go back and work on problems where he struggled. Then move on. The rest of the book will be easier, equations, number line, area, etc.

As for workouts,

Monday-CF- fire walker tabata 18 min
Tuesday- Burn Sets: bis and tris (and still feeling it!) 37 min
Wednesday-I just couldn't get up!
Thursday- yogamax timesaver #1 32 min
Today-HiiT 30/30 30 min

Tomorrow will either be nothing or Burn Sets CBS or Super Cuts or CF or TTM or AB, depending on timing and mood! We have 3 sports games to get to and shop for a bday party Sunday afternoon (and 2 games and a practice). I will probably end up taking the younger 3 and stay local (9-soccer, 11:30 baseball) because the oldest has an away game 30-45 min away, not really sure where it is yet.

Today volleyball practice for the older 2 30 min away in the afternoon.

I'm really struggling with eating. :( My weight is making me feel down and out it and I'm PMSing so that doesn't help....

Hi Ladies,

This morning was STS Disc 16-CST. I really miss my cardio on STS days. I'm pretty spent after an STS w/o though. I will walk at lunch, this is the only way I've been getting my 10K steps.

LL-Great job keeping up with your w/o's and busy schedule! May sure you are drinking plenty of water, that will help with PMS bloating and water weight. MFP is short for My Fitness Pal which is an online food tracking program. Based on my starting criteria, the gym provided me with 1400-1500 calorie goal and 115 grams of protein goal per day. Protein keeps you full and your body burns more calories breaking down the protein. I go over a by 100-200 calories a lot. Being a stress eater doesn't help. My goal is to decrease my bodyfat % and increase my muscle mass. In doing so, hopefully the scale weight will go down too.

Wendy-enjoy your long weekend! I've become a fan of short but intense circuits as they've yielded the best results for me. However, it took me years to come around to doing these types of w/o's. I was always either a cardio day or weights day gal. You and Laura definitely helped in this regard!

Hi Tina & Laura....bbl

Hey Ladies.

The wedding was fun. We are home now and I'm tired!

I am going to try to get up early enough to work out in the mornings this week before my 3 day stretch of classes I have to go to. Gotta leave my house by 7:30am so this should be interesting! :rolleyes:

We start an eating/workout challenge at work tmrw so it's the perfect time for me to attempt to get back on the saddle with work outs and eating right! I need it badly too! UGH! :eek:

To that end, despite not wanting to, I am going to be dragging my dead rear end to the food store shortly or I am destined to start the week off on the wrong foot immediately! :confused:

That's all for now...BBL or tmrw after my work out!:cool:

Rmrmr- I know I'm not drinking enough water. I tried to increase it yesterday and drank most of my days worth after 9pm! I need to space it out more.

This week I'm going to focus on getting 7 hrs of sleep every night and the 21 day fix container/portion control eating including drinking half my body weight in ounces. That means that I may not get the workouts in that I want to this week. As I'm already going to be setting my alarm for 6 instead of 5. :(

No workouts this weekend I was a sports taxi!

Hi to all that follow!

MON

Morning ladies ..

finally at my own desk today - playing catch up - starting here first :p SAT was major house cleaning - SUN was crossfire - i have managed to re-injure my knee :mad: will just have to modify certain movements! Tonight will be Pi-Yo .. not sure which one yet!

Tmrw will have to get my workout at lunch - GGT for my b-day tmrw .... :)

Wendy - glad you had a great long weekend .. welcome back to reality today ... good luck w/the classes!

Di - it is to cool off some this week - thank goodness - maybe I can start my running back in before the time changes ... my knee injury doesnt hurt when I run .. for some reason ..

.. ok .. better run .. playing catch up still .. have a great one!

Hi Ladies! This morning was M2D13 and MM push pull premix and STS SB abs. We had two nice bike rides this weekend. I'm starting DS on some different Cathe workouts. He seemed to like MM. I'll slowly work up to doing the entire workout, it should take a couple weeks.

Have a great one! :)

Hi Ladies,

OMG, the drive to work this morning was almost 2 hours.:mad: All due to a broken down bus and accidents. Not a good way to start the week.

I hurt my back putting clothes in the dryer...of all things. Saturday I did an STS w/o-legs, I think it was disc 17 and DWP. Sunday, well my back was really hurting. My intention was do one of the long BR w/o's...many of the moves I couldn't do or it caused more pain. Then I gave the next sts a try (back & biceps), well the warmup with all the pullups was fine, but rows were not possible. Then I threw in X10 and did the X53 premix with some minor modifications. After icing/heat yesterday my back is feeling a tiny bit better this morning. This morning I did CCC with a couple modifications.

Wendy-What will your eating program consist of? Glad you had a wonderful weekend.

LL-One thing you can try to help you get in your water is to fill a container with your full days worth of water. Then starting 8 oz's from the top, label10 am (must drink until the water level is at this point by this time), then 12pm, then 2pm, then 4pm etc. or whatever time intervals you choose. Hope that makes sense. I always drink 32oz's during my w/o's and 32oz's before bed and fill in the rest throughout the day. Also make sure you are getting plenty of protein and healthy fats-avocado, nuts, nut butter etc. Increase your complex carbs-veggies, and limit breads and low-no nutrtional foods. I definitely know that sounds much easier than it is to do...I'm right there with you. I would walk while watching my kids sporting events.

Laura-oh no, how did you re-injure your knee? No stepping for you missy. It's funny how I don't miss stepping like I used to. Once I opened my mind to it, there is so many other ways to get in cardio without needing to step. Having said that, I'm really wanting to do Imax 3. We are cooler today, mid 70's and rain...loving it!!! It will be back to the 80's for the rest of the week.

Tina-no bike ride this weekend either...ugh. With my lower back pain, leaning over to ride is problematic. Sitting at my desk isn't helping either. That's great that your son will do MM. Is this for PE credit?

bbl

Good Evening Ladies. :)

I have some work outs to report::

Monday:: 3 rounds of squats, alt db rows, db swimmers, planks saws, 2 kb pick ups and alligator drags performed for 34 seconds each with 18 seconds of rest in between each exercise. Then I did 8 rounds of ice skaters and burpees at 20 secs work and 10 seconds of rest.

Tuesday(Today):: A.M. - 3 rounds of squat to shoulder press, slider reverse lunges, lateral band reaches from push up position and bear crawls performed for 34 seconds each with 18 seconds of rest in between each exercise. Then I did 8 rounds of ice skaters and burpees at 20 secs work and 10 seconds of rest.

Tuesday(Today)::p.M. - 4 rounds of 1 arm db row, side plank, disc reach, lateral band squat and myagis performed for 34 seconds each with 18 seconds of rest in between each exercise. Then I did 8 rounds of one arm swings and weighted speed squats at 20 secs work and 10 seconds of rest.

Eating has been good yesterday and today. Hopefully it stays that way!:rolleyes:

BB with personals tmrw!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was TTM Extreme premix. My back is still hurting so I had to modify a bit, and it was not my best performance. Exercising seems to help loosen up my back though.

Today is a rest day. My lower back still isn't good, but it is getting better. I was hoping it would feel good enough to get back to STS. Bending down to put on shoes or pick up anything is still painful.

Wendy-Your w/o's look great!!! I'm sure you will rock this eating challenge. I'm still working on getting my diet right. It's a daily challenge but I'm doing good with tracking on MFP. Why is the food part so hard????:mad::mad::mad:

Hi Laura, LL and Tina. bbl to see what everyone is up to.

Hi Ladies.

Happy Hump Day!;)

My class ended today so it's back to the normal schedule tmrw....working 9am to 1pm and 5pm to 8pm.

IDK if I told you but was offered 2 shifts per week at the Y that work with my schedule so I accepted them. I go in to start the hiring process on Monday. :)

Oh and I am probably going to clean the studio for my boss for a little extra cash once or twice a week as well. That's not a big deal though - I'm going to do it when I'm already going to be there and he is going to pay me almost as much as a training session so it's a no brainer IMO. ;)

Today's work out::
3 rounds of 34 secs of work and 18 secs of rest for these exercises - Alternating db reverse lunge, db front squat left, Medicine ball push up, db front squat right, bear crawl. Then 8@10/20 of running mountain climbers on discs and speed squat with light med ball overhead press.

Di:: I never answered you about the eating challenge. The day before it officially started we got an email advising us to stock up on healthy food, plan & cook ahead advice, etc. Then every day we get a "challenge". First day was no desserts. Second day was to eat veggies in at least 3 meals a day. Then the third (today) was to remove hydrogenated vegetable oil from your diet. This is a 28 day challenge so by the end, after all of the BAD stuff is removed, we'll be surviving on just chicken, broccoli, green tea & water. :p LOL IDK why diet is so hard but it's always been my Achilles heel. :confused:

LL:: You are doing the sleep thing backwards. You are supposed to go to bed earlier to get more sleep, not get up later! LOL

Laura:: Be careful with that knee!!!! :eek: R.I.C.E. - R.I.C.E. baby!;):p

Tina:: How old is your son? That's cool that you have working out to Cathe! My son is a bit too young yet but maybe some day!

This morning will be a short cardio, maybe S&G. Really enjoying this STS pyramid rotation. I'm seeing some changes in my arms and they feel different, a good kind of different. DS was sore from MM on Monday, so we just did the upper body portion of BC and went for a long walk. He has lost so much weight, his pants are falling off him. I need to buy a new scale so we know how much he's lost. :)

Diana, I'm sorry to hear about your back pain. I hope it's feeling better today. DH pulled his back out years ago and he still has issues with it on and off. He swears the best thing for it is walking. It's why we walk two miles just about every night. I total agree about food being the hardest part. I know how to eat clean, but it's so boring!

Wendy, how do you fit in all of your jobs and find time to keep an intense workout schedule? DS is 17, so we have the green light to do heavy weight work now. He needs to lose about 40 lbs, so we're taking it really slow. How old is your DS?

I'm getting really excited about Cathe's future workouts. I hope it times out right. I plan on finishing STS and then alternating a heavy weight week with a circuit week, until they arrive. :)

Have a great day Ladies! :)

Hi Ladies,

My back is starting to feel a bit better. The morning I did BR day 12 which is legs/glutes focused. Tomorrow is back to STS!

Tina-glad to hear DS is losing weight. My DS has lost 10% BF since he joined a gym, 4 months ago maybe. He still has a lot of weight to lose but I'm glad he's at least working out. He needs to get off the soda though and fast food. That's great that you are seeing results! Keep up the good work! I'm hoping we get to see a preview of the new w/o's on the RT. Only 2 more weeks then I'm off to Florida!!!

Wendy-I'm guessing the daily challenges are cumulative??? Day 1-no desserts, day 2-no desserts and eat veggies at each meal etc. Honestly, I struggle to stay in my calorie range of 1400-1500/day. Sometimes I've met my calorie alotment before dinner.:eek::eek: If I don't stray from the meal plan I do ok, but it's definitely a struggle.

Hi Laura, LL and Jacque...

Hello Ladies. :)

Yesterday's work out was 3 rounds of 34 sec work/18 sec rest of these exercises:: DB squat to row, DB swimmer, Plank saw, 2KB Offload Pick Up, Alligator drag. Then I did 8@20/10 of swings and speed squats.

Tina:: You are giving me far too much credit. LOL. My current work outs only take about 30 mins to complete!

Di:: Glad you are starting to feel better!!! Yes, the challenges are cumulative...unfortunately!:p LOL IKWYM re the calorie counting struggle. I've been there. It also happened with my points when I did WW. I love the freedom of NOT counting/tracking but not having the clearly defined limit that counting/tracking gives me, it can be very easy to spiral out of control. :rolleyes: I'm going to see where I am at after this challenge is over...I am strongly considering giving in and signing up for the online version of WW again if it's still affordable. It'll also be the push I need to cancel Cathe on demand and Z-Gym. Neither of which have I been using but continue to pay for....:eek:

ETA:: Today's work out:: 3 rounds of 34 sec work/18 sec rest of these exercises:: 2 DB offload squat with shoulder press, KB sliding reverse lunge L, Lateral band reach from push up position, KB sliding reverse lunge R, Bear Crawl. Plus 8@10/20 of jumping jacks and speed squats. :)

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Woo Hoo for Friday!!!

This morning I did STS disc 18 (back & bi's), skipping single leg deadlifts. My back is feeling better but not yet 100% and I didn't want to risk re-injury.

Wendy-you are rockin' the w/o's lady! My weight is holding steady, hopefully the scale will start moving down again soon. My results are visible in the mirror and with how my clothes fit, just not on the scale. As such, I'm still have some weight to lose but feel so much better.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to!

TGIF

Hello Ladies ..

I have been celebrating my birthday all week - no workouts to report - think my knee needed to rest anyway! it is feeling better ...

Di - I hurt my knee going up and down the stairs .. then I really did it when i stepped out of my car and turned funny - my foot one way knee the other .. :mad: .. hopefully it will be getting back to normal - hope your back feels better!

Wendy - great workouts as usual!!! I am into the 30 minute workouts too - hit it hard ... but get it over with fast!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend - it is to rain all weekend here .. OH WELL!!!

Di:: I remember when I did the original P90X rotation. My body changed tremendously and the scale hardly moved so if the mirror and your clothes are telling a happy story then believe them regardless of the fact that the scale stopped moving... :)

Laura:: Hope your knee is at 100% soon!

I just sent emails requesting Cathe on demand and Z-gym membership cancellations! That's $28.50 per month saved! :)

Holy WTH happened to the forums, Batman!?!? :eek:

So anyway, now that my shock has passed...LOL....I never read the "warning" posts in the O/D until just now. Hah!

My work out yesterday was going to a class to learn how to teach a small group training class at my gym. We did KB deadlift to high pull, sit ups, burpees, trx rows, push ups, squat jumps....just to name a few...:)

Last edited:
Hi to all,

Well what a shock to see a totally redesigned forum again. That is what happens when I stay away too long.

Hope everyone is doing well. Though I have skipped posting lately :rolleyes: I have been getting my workouts in pretty regularly. Still been putting in lots of work hours the past month but slowly dying down so hope to get enough sleep and find more time to get here. The RT is just around the corner and I can't wait. Had hoped to drop a few lbs of fluff but for some reason I cannot for the life of me figure out what makes the scaled go up and down then up and down then up again. Even with good eats and workouts I am soooo confused.o_O Energy is better so that is good but even with consistent workouts my stamina is not that great.

Wendy - scanned your recent post and are your really only going to be eating chicken, broccoli and green tea or is there a bit more to that nutrition plan? Sounds a bit more restrictive than I could ever do.

Diana - oh no about your back. Understand as mine is not good in the AMs and I have to watch it when I start my w/o's and at times trip over the animals when I first get up! Have been trying to get in some heavy weights along with a variety of cardio to be ready for the RT. It will be fun no matter what.

Tina - how fun to w/o out with your son. Remember when my DD was a half hour away and we would go run for a few hours on the weekend. Also do did T25 challenges from a distance last year. I was so happy when she began taking her health seriously.

Laura - had some downtime the other day and saw your FB posts with bday fun. Good for you! Hope the knee starts behaving for you soon!

LL - see that you sound like me with the weight downers going on. I do much better when I track even though I don't eat much differently when I don't. Was doing well when I could track on my phone through Fit Day but now it seems they have changed it to be a paid type of app? Haven't found anything else similar and don't tend to use a computer when I get home since I've been on it all day at work! Perhaps I need to just bite the bullet and if I am on the computer then I should come here too! Two birds with one stone. Think I may have just talked myself into it! Hope you are able to make some changes, just one at a time, then you will get there. :)

Enjoy the weekend ladies!

Good Morning.

Ok, so I ended up taking a rest day y'day. I was on the fence about taking one anyway so that was fine. This morning I'm back at it though. I'll post what I do later...

Had my first 2 shots at selling PT at the gym y'day since I took the business course earlier in the week. I got 2 people are very interested in the small group training but of course NOT RIGHT NOW. UGH. That doesn't help me! :mad: I was supposed to have a 3rd appointment but he didn't show up....:(

Jacque:: LOL, no I am sure I won't be beholden to only eating chicken, broccoli and a glass of water by the end of this challenge but I admit, I do not know where it's headed in the coming weeks. My boss is keeping me in suspense along with the clients!:p

BBL or in the morning!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.