Daily Check-In, Monday, January 29, 2024

Good morning Anita ! and everyone! Thanx for starting us up!

Today's workouts:

Blender- "Warmups Workout # 1" - 18 min.
Blender- "All About: Low Impact Cardio, Sliding Lunges, & Flys" - 28 min.
Hydrow- 5 min. Bodyweight & Rowing Combo Warmup, Bitgym 5 min. Rowing on Soca
River in Slovenia, & Hydrow- 5 min. Row & Static Stretching Cooldown - total 15 min.

That's it! Hope everyone enjoys their day & workout(s)

I disappeared over the weekend in order to take down all the Christmas stuff and have a rest. I’m officially done with STS Meso 1 (fist pump) so this week is a “fun” week. No real weight training, but perhaps some cardio, abs, and extended stretches. I’ll use this week to also survey some step routines I’m not familiar with so I can get a better feel for them going forward.

But first! Off to the dentist for my semi-annual cleaning and then back to the home front for school. Today is also Grocery Max — the fridge looks like a desert with tumbleweeds. So squeezing in a workout will be a challenge — but I’ll try. Glad it’s a rest week!

Lanette:
“No worries about me continuing to flap my jaws about my medical program here. I’ll stick to blabbing about it in my blog. I’m just very excited because I can see and feel the benefits.”

Girl — BLAB! That’s what this space is for! Everyone is cheering everyone else along here.

ETA: I recently changed my diet quite drastically after I got my blood work done and it’s the exact opposite of yours :D Almost totally plant based and low fat, with the occasional ounce of animal protein or milk in my coffee. I can’t tell you how much better I feel. Bouncing off the walls with energy. My girlfriends and I have tossed around the carnivore versus plants stuff as nauseum, and I really think it comes down to individual body chemistry, age, activity levels, physical needs, etc. I feel my absolute best on a low-animal diet (and I always end up lowering my cholesterol and blood pressure), but one of my best friends feels her best on a low-plant diet (and she reverses her diabetic blood sugars). The research is fascinating.

Last edited:
Good morning Anita ! and everyone! Thanx for starting us up!

Today's workouts:

Blender- "All About: Low Impact Cardio, Sliding Lunges, & Flys" - 28 min.
Hydrow- 5 min. Bodyweight & Rowing Combo Warmup, Bitgym 5 min. Rowing on Soca
River in Slovenia, & Hydrow- 5 min. Row & Static Stretching Cooldown - total 15 min.

That's it! Hope everyone enjoys their day & workout(s)
Great job already, Linda! Have a fun Monday.

You too! Have fun at the dentist :), not one of my favorite places to go ! :)
It’s a “dental spa”, which kinda makes me want to roll my eyes, but it’s so much nicer than a regular old dentist. It’s lovely and comfy and the staff are really friendly and professional. (And you can get Botox after your teeth are cleaned *wink* Not that I would, but I could LOL)

Good Morning Everyone,

It's nice to see a few of us up and at it already.

Today I did Cathe's latest live for about 45 minutes (I didn't do the ab work). I added on Xtrain bicep challenge for 6 minutes. Now, to stretch.

Have a great day everyone.

It’s a “dental spa”, which kinda makes me want to roll my eyes, but it’s so much nicer than a regular old dentist.
Well, that's nice !

Good workout Siobhan with the latest Cathe Live & extra Xtrain biceps challenge. Way to
start your week!

The joint is jumping today!!

Great workouts Siobhan and Linda!

Anita, Congratulations on finishing Meso 1! Enjoy your Fun week!!

I am in total agreement that different eating lifestyles work for different people.

I was a largely plant based eater pretty much all my life, then a strict vegan for about 6 years. It worked beautifully….until it didn’t.

I naturally have super low triglycerides (like28) and LDL (48) with HDL in the high 90s that’s Lower “bad” cholesterol than people achieve with both diet and meds.

These days my brain feels happier with a bit more fat to sustain it.

From what you describe you’ve hit upon a perfect way of eating for your personal chemistry.

Today was ICE Chiseled UB. I was supposed to do abs after but I did a neutral spine with weighted low ribs during all the supine mat and sizzled my abs nicely.

Nice one, Lannette, with ICE Chiseled UB. Good stuff!.

that sounds interesting….how is that done?
I learned it from a Pvolve Pilates instructor.

In Chiseled UB Cathe has you on your back with knees bent, shins in the air parallel to the ground. You are performing chest flies while lowering/extending one leg and then the other.

Rather than press my low back into the mat I maintain neutral spine. Then I drop and press my lowest back ribs into the mat. It took me a while to actually be able to do it. You aren’t curling the shoulders up. Just weighting the low ribs down.

I previously had a right twist of my ribs so my left ribs were harder to drop than the right ones. They are still more likely to slightly lift than the right side.

When I do this on the Pilates reformer my entire abdominal area immediately tightens up. If I maintain it my abs will actually have DOMS the next day.

Thank you!!! I am going to try that…. I probably won’t be able to do it right, but I’m
gonna try it! :)
Just keep trying it any time you’re exercising supine. Don’t pressure yourself just give it a try each time.

In my case it just suddenly locked in and my abs lit up. Over time I’ve gotten better at initiating it and holding it once I do.

Hopefully this doesn’t just complicate it. It’s a posterior translation of the ribcage though the mat keeps the ribcage in alignment.

Last edited:
Good late morning;)

Anita- Thanks for starting us off. Bravo for taking the time to take down Christmas decorations, etc...
High fives, Fist pumps and bravo on finishing STS Meso 1, so now you have a recovery week of fun and recharge, enjoy. Ooh have fun checking out other step routines. Have fun with your recovery week. Good luck on Grocery Max, that can be a challenge.
Interesting what you were saying about low animal diet, coo.

Linda- Great job on all your workouts with:

Blender- "All About: Low Impact Cardio, Sliding Lunges, & Flys" - 28 min.- Awesome!
Hydrow- 5 min. Bodyweight & Rowing Combo Warmup, Bitgym 5 min. Rowing on Soca- Good Stuff
River in Slovenia, & Hydrow- 5 min. Row & Static Stretching Cooldown - total 15 min.- More Fun rowin stuff :)

High fives & Bravo on all your workouts;)

Siobhan- I hope your all rested up and feeling good. Great job on today's workout with:

Cathe Live- Latest Live = 45 Min (Skipped the ab work)
Plus added on XTrain- Bicep Challenge = 6 Min
adding on your own stretch

Very nicely done:;) Have a great day:)

Lannette- Nicely done today starting off your new rotation. WTG & high fives on your workout today with:

ICE Chiseled UB. You opted to do abs differently and did a neutral spine with weighted low ribs during all the supine mat, you definitely worked your abs. Awesomw job & good work!
Have a victorious day;

Annette- I hope your are having a great day and fun workout. Have a blessed day;)

Here's today's workout:

Les Mills Combat - Extreme Cardio Fighter Live = 60 Min
Les Mills Combat - Inner Warrior Stretch & Strengthen = 20 Min
YT- Kaleigh Cohen Cycling-30-min MOTIVATING HIIT Indoor Cycling Workout = 30 Min

Enjoy workouts and day:)

Nora

Hi ladies,

Today I slept in due to a bad night of not being able to get to sleep, sigh.

But during that time of no sleep I made an exercise plan for today, so after technical difficulties I did the cardio portion of Cathe's Hard Strikes which was about 33 minutes long. Blu ray player froze the DVD at 22:45 so I had to unplug it and pray it would play a 2nd time. Then I fast forward it to the time and finished up. Then I did 15 minutes of floorwork. So I am finished. I need to clean, sigh.

Oh and most of you know that I have no taste but I do have texture taste and I do get sensations in my mouth with certain flavors like wintergreen and peppermint, I can tell the difference. Well as of Friday I can't even feel the cooling of my peppermint that I use for my dry mouth. I mean before I at least knew it was a peppermint in my mouth, now nothing.

Any way my life goes on.

Nice workouts ladies!

Nice Workout Nora with Les Mills Combat - Extreme Cardio Fighter Live = 60 Min &
Inner Warrior Stretch & Strengthen = 20 Min & YT- Kaleigh Cohen Cycling-30-min MOTIVATING HIIT Indoor Cycling Workout. Way to go!

Equally as nice workout Annette doing cardio from Cathe's Hard Strikes and 15 min
of floorwork!

Oh and most of you know that I have no taste but I do have texture taste and I do get sensations in my mouth with certain flavors like wintergreen and peppermint, I can tell the difference. Well as of Friday I can't even feel the cooling of my peppermint that I use for my dry mouth. I mean before I at least knew it was a peppermint in my mouth, now nothing.
I didn’t know that Annette. It must be really difficult. I hope your flavor sensations return.

You did a great job with your workout despite the technical issues.

I didn’t know that Annette. It must be really difficult. I hope your flavor sensations return.

You did a great job with your workout despite the technical issues.
Lannette, it has been over 10 years since I lost my smell and taste, smell is iffy at best but I can smell some, but taste has been a whole other ballgame. I can at least tolerate more foods now than I could in the beginning.

Lannette, it has been over 10 years since I lost my smell and taste, smell is iffy at best but I can smell some, but taste has been a whole other ballgame. I can at least tolerate more foods now than I could in the beginning.
I had no idea. I wondered if eating would be difficult. I was trying to imagine feeling food in my mouth but not actually tasting it and how it would impact chewing and swallowing. Sounds like a real challenge. I’m sorry you deal with that Annette.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.