Daily Check-In Humpday 4/29

Tamster

Cathlete
Good Morning Glories:D

The temperature dropped quite a bit over night, only 48 degrees this morning. I think it is supposed to rain too :(

Anyway, speed intervals again this morning and MTV Pilates Mix this afternoon. I'm using the pre-programmed workouts on my treadmill...they are pretty good.

Have a great day everyone....this week feels like it is never going to end :eek:

Last edited:
Good morning everyone!

Phyllis - looks like Tammy beat you by a couple of minutes:p so we'll go with this one. Emily didn't have the baby yday. She went in to be checked and was no more dilated than she was on Monday. With all the contractions she is having though, it will be within the week I believe. She had contractions 2 minutes apart for about three hours or so early yday morning then they lengthened out.

Tammy - I haven't pulled out MTV pilates Mix in ages... need to though, those pilates-inspired abs on STS abs reminded me how much I like pilates.

I had an RA flare that kicked into overdrive early yday afternoon in my left wrist. It was a little sore and stiff when I got up so took 10 mg. of prednisone but apparently it wasn't enough. I was down for the rest of the afternoon with lots more prednisone and even a pain pill, in the bed at 7:30 last night.

It is better this morning but very stiff and still painful although not nearly as much, at least I can move my fingers, hence I can type and work!

Today is 4DS KB cardio only and I'll add the abs, I'll do the 40 minute run tomorrow... these two cardios have been drug all over my calendar! LOL..:rolleyes:

I'm officially in STS recovery week!

Good Morning !

Today is STS legs and I think I am going with Plyo. I'm going to have some issues (not much room for puzzlemats to be put down, ceiling fan overhead, where I'll be jumping, etc ...) but I'm leaning towards at least giving it a try .
Not my favorite kind of workout , but I like that they are under an hour......and with no squat rack I wouldn't be going very heavy with squat rack legs....

Phyllis, what do you think of Plyo legs so far ??

Hi to everyone!!:)

I'll bb after my workout......

Becky

Good Wednesday Morning Hellos going out to Tammy, Jane, Becky & all who follow!:)

Tammy which treadmill do you have? Sounds like those preprogrammed runs are good.

Boy I know what you mean about the week dragging:confused:

Jane awww no baby yet - well that just gives her time to rest as much as possible.

Sorry your RA flared up on you here's hoping you find relief and the pain goes away pronto

Becky enjoy your workout - what does Cathe say about that workout and not enough room?

I'm planning on a nice paced walk this morning while its still cool.

Have a great day everyone! :D

picture.php

Good morning everyone,

Prayers for a healthy baby today, Jane!

Today was an off day, I did Kelly's Cardio Sculpt.

Jane-Hope that baby comes fast... long labors even if you aren't steadily contracting are a pain.

I did Leslie Sansone's Start Walking 3 mile workout today for my cardio. I think my body has become used to my kickboxing workouts so maybe I will do that 7 days free gym thing next week. I had to wait until I had a week where nothing else was going on so I could take full advantage of the free week. Then I am seriously thinking of joining for at least the summer (since I don't have a/c to workout in it would be nice to get some nice summer workouts in the a/c gym). I will know after I do the 7 day thing.

We go to Shriners tomorrow with the son who had the surgery so I won't get a workout in tomorrow. I will be back on Friday for the rest of my weight workout for the week.

It cooled off here too, feels nice too.:D

Annette ~ Good luck tomorrow :)

Conni ~ good workout for an off day.

Vilma ~ hope you enjoyed your walk.

Becky ~ how was your workout?

Jane ~ Hope that baby comes soon ;) I also hope your RA is better.

Have a good night everyone!

Tammy, I completely forgot to check in after my workout !

It was INTENSE!

I got through it, but not without sweating flinging everywhere and me gasping for breath like a maniac !:eek:

Plyo isn't my thing but I did like how plyo and regular weight work alternated in this one.

I'm betting on DOMS from this one !!:confused:

Becky

Becky, I'm thinking that the plyo wo's are not my thing. Yes, I like the fact that they are shorter, but I don't really enjoy it. Today's routine had mountain climbers(don't like them),butt kicks over the step(don't like them either) ,squat thrusts and jumping onto the step(yuck),and tuck jumps(yuck again). I don't have those fast twitch muscle so I don't do well with that stuff.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.