Cynthia....I need your help! Rotation help...

Hi, Cynthia. Since you are the "rotation queen" :), I was wondering whether you would have the time to help me develop one. I've been trying to come up with one based on all of the examples I've seen, but I don't have all the videos that are usually listed. I'm 5'4" and 105-108. Don't need any weight loss (but need the cardio bc I like to eat!), pretty toned upper body, need toning on the lower body (especially the butt/back of thighs). Here is what I have available, although some of the videos are new and I haven't actually tried them yet:

BodyMax
IMAX
Circuit Max
MIS
MIC
PS Strong Legs & Abs
Step Jam
Firm Vol 3
Firm Super Cardio
Firm Strength
Karen Voight Great Weighted Workout

Stairmaster
Running (have to incorporate b/c I'm doing a 10k in July - but don't want to do it more than 2x a week)
TaeBo

So, I have a lot of choices, but just can't figure out a good way to combine them. Maybe if I waited until I had tried them all, I'd know better what they are targeting. But having someone else's opinion would really be helpful! Others are welcome to chime in, too! :) Thanks so much to anyone who would be able to give suggestions.

TIA,
Heather

Ironically my name is Cyndie but I think you were referring to someone else. Anyway just to let you know, I am a personal trainer who has all of these videos so I feel pretty confident about my rotation. These are all excellent videos in my opinion and you can get some great results. Hope my recommendations help. This is a four week rotation that you can do sporadically in four week blocks or repeat every four weeks. Whatever works best for you.

Week 1--Moderate Intensity
Mon--Stairmaster
Tues--Firm Stength
Wed--Running
Thurs--OFF
Fri--Circuit Max
Sat--Running
Sun--OFF

Week 2--Building Intensity
Mon--Tae Bo
Tues--Running & Upper Body from Body Max
Wed--Body Max Cardio and Legs
Thurs--OFF
Fri--Running
Sat--Firm Volume 3
Sun--OFF

Week 3--Strength Focus
Mon--Firm Super Cardio
Tues--MIS
Wed--Running
Thurs--OFF
Fri--MIS
Sat--Running
Sun--OFF

Week 4--Cardio Focus
Mon--Running
Tues--Great Weighted Workout
Wed--MIC or Interval Max
Thurs--OFF
Fri--Running & Upper Body from Body Max
Sat--Step Jam & PS Legs

I recommended workoing out 5 days a week since your are running in a race. You obviously want to avoid overtraining and I would think that you want to try ton increase speed and/or distance in your running. That's hard to do if you're so fatigued from exercise videos. I'd love to hear what you think. Please respond. Good luck!

Thanks, Cyndie!

Hi, Cyndie! Thank you so much for your rotation recommendation!! The fact that you are a personal trainer who has all of these videos makes ME feel confident in this rotation. :) I'm going to start it immediately! The only thing I have to change is to shift the days forward or backward one, b/c I never work out on Fridays. }> Anyway, I really appreciate your taking the time to give me some help, and I'll let you know how it works for me...

Have a great week!
Thanks again,
Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.