Cute Pet Story Alert!

tricia

Cathlete
As I have posted on several occasions, I have 2 dogs. (Remember me, the lady whose Boxer scared the UPS man away??) Here's another one.
I was doing Express Kickbox last night, on the floor working the abs. My dog Bugsy likes to lay nearby while I do this. So I start to do the cool-down. Lying on my back, legs to one side, arms to the opposite - I turn to stretch my arms & there's Bugsy,right beside me,upside down with this look of "AAhhh, isn't this great" on his face! (He's part Boxer, so his "lips" look like there are falling off his face when he's upside down..)You would think he'd done the workout with me!
Every day when I start to take myself a little too seriously or stress out, it's times like this one that make me get over myself and LAUGH ALREADY!
I'm interested what do your pets do to crack you up when you should be working out?
Tricia

Too Cute!!

Tricia, you had me laughing out loud picturing your dog's LIPS!!! How funny! My cat, Chelsea, can be sound asleep anywhere in the house and not budge while I am doing the cardio section of a routine, but let me lie down on the floor for floor work or ABS and she is RIGHT THERE crawling all over me or lying on top of me!! I guess she can sense when the EARTHQUAKE has stopped! Thanks for a good laugh! :7 Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Another pet story

My black lab "Dakota" since he was a pup knows its my time when I work out. His normal position is on the couch, on his back sprawled out. But when I get on the floor he is all over kissing. I've come to beleive that is how he gets his daily salt intake!

Laura

I'm a canine lollipop!!!

Laura and everyone
I have three beautiful golden retrievers (Maud, Agnes, and Maeve). When I work out, "the girls" stay out of the way, patiently waiting until I'm done w/my cool down. They know, once I get down onto the floor to stretch, that they are going to be able to lick all the sweat off of me. I think their favorite Cathe video is MIC--big slime (sweat) factor there! I feel like a canine lollipop! haha.

My cat, Mickey, consistently does abs with me. Once that part of the workout starts he comes over and lays on his back right next to me. It is the cutest thing!

I wondered if anyone else 'bonded' with their pets during workout time.

I have two kittens who seem to enjoy 'helping' me with my workouts.

The male, Merlin, brings me toys while I'm doing step workouts. He seems to think I need to play with his little toy mice while working out. He waits till I'm at the far end of the step and drops a mouse beside the step, then leaves.

The female, Digit, likes to sit by the TV watching Cathe and crew put me through my paces (maybe checking to see if I'm doing it right?). When I do ab work she walks back and forth across my abs and 'coaches' me. About like a drill seargent I think.

During the final stretch, they both stretch out on the floor waiting till I'm done and then we all head for the kitchen for water.

It does tend to lighten the mood, especially on a stressful day!

Kellie

Oh, you guys made my night!! Too funny. Not much a horse can do to "help" you work out, though....except that they can work You out!!

RE: Another Pet Story Alert!

Those stories are great! I have a 120-pound Akita who follows me everywhere like my shadow. When I work out he lays on his bed watching and then too comes for his daily salt intake liking my body all over during stretch out. What is new, however, is his response to all the Cathe tapes that contain kickboxing. As soon as I start with any of them he gets up from his bed, gives me this “I am out of here” look and leaves the room. That is the only time he does not want to be even in the same room with me. By now he even recognizes the tapes by their music and takes off! Is he the only pet that hates kickboxing?

Much Love, Mamabear

holy smokes

Mamabear - Your big pooch's lack of bravery is testimony to your exertion level during Cardio Kicks. Does he hit the road before the drills? Your story was such a hoot! My goldens are a little braver than that. My youngest, Maeve, loves to watch w/me when I preview new tapes. I think she's looking forward to Cathe's new releases almost as much as I am! Keep up the good work! And remember, happiness is a warm puppy! Suzanna

RE: Congratulations!

Hi Suzanna,

The exertion level is there all right! Just looked at your profile – 3 Goldens, no wonder you completed the USMC Marathon in just under 5 hours. Congratulations to a wonderful job!!!

Much Love, Mamabear

RE: Congratulations!

Thanks, Mamabear. The only running I do now is chasing my three fluffy babies. Believe it or not, the last mile of the marathon, I barely passed the guy who juggled three balls the whole 26+ miles. He's quite famous here in DC for juggling during entire races. If he had beaten me, it would have been just the worst! haha. But at that point, I was just happy that I ran the whole thing and FINISHED. Take care and keep those Akita stories coming. Your fella sounds like quite the character. Suzanna

Hi, everybody - I am brand new to this site (actually I'm brand new to computers) and I love it! I have enjoyed everyone's pet stories immensely. I am a vet tech and no matter how many pets I get to interact with at work, I am always excited to see or hear about more. My breed is Great Danes. I have had as many as 6 at a time but now have one, a 145 lb. female named Diana (who is as much trouble as 6 others any day of the week). Diana is, like all Danes, a couch potato. Whenever I get out my workout equipment, she lays on the floor (in my way of course), sighs loudly, puts her head down & watches me with the saddest face you've ever seen. Every once in awhile she will go get one of her stuffed babies and try to offer it to me, as if to say "playing with me would be SO MUCH MORE FUN!" Sometimes she makes me laugh so hard I have to stop Cathe's tape & start again. Keep writing about your lovely pets, please!

Hi Starlight!

Just wanted to say WELCOME and glad you could join us. Thanks for sharing Diana with us. There are probably days when doing a Cathe tape, you ARE tempted to quit and play with her! We all look for excuses to get out of Cathe's killer tapes. ;-) Look forward to "seeing" you around. Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

My workout room is also the room where my iguana, Gary, hangs out. She thinks she owns that room and it's her turf (however, she doesn't help with the mortgage payments!) Anyway, she likes to sleep behind my step and gets very annoyed when I take it out to use it. She also will watch me lifting weights and as soon as I put my barbell down she will run over and bite it. I've got no clue why she does this. She never touches the dumbbells. I've also got a blue front amazon parrot, Isabelle, who hates the water bottle I use when I'm working out. She is extremely jealous of it, maybe she thinks I'm "kissing" it when I take a drink. However, if I'm drinking out of anything else, glass, cup, can - she could care less. The water bottle is bright pink and black so maybe it's the color. She actually took a bite out of the plastic spout. Hmmm. I should have named her Velcro because she sticks to me the same way. Perhaps I have neurotic pets? Goofy for sure, but I love them anyway. :)

Lorrie

Hi everyone - would like to say thank you for the warm welcome from Debbie H. Also, loved Lorrie's stories. Some of the funniest things that ever happened to me involved birds & iguanas! Thanks again for welcoming me to this forum, it is the only one I've checked out which has all great people in it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.