CTX

luprisi

Cathlete
I am fairly new to Cathe btu I am so happy with the results that I am getting that I have bought a lot of her series already. So far, I have Hardcore, Intensity, 4DS and Blast series. I've heard somey good things about CTX that I was wondering if its worth getting??
Any suggestions are welcome:)

I've had CTX for years and still love parts of it; it's such a flexible, all-around series that there is something - usually someTHINGS - in it for everyone.

The way the series is structured (5 workouts with ~35 minutes of cardio, isolated single-muscle strengthening and 3 ab/core routines, 1 workout dedicated to leg strengthening and another traditional ab routine) makes scheduling a no-brainer if you aren't feeling very exotic: just do one workout as produced each day for 6 days and you've hit all the majors in terms of cardio, core and muscle strengthening. It's also chaptered such that you can do some discreet mixing/matching, and extending cardio or strength segments, if you wish. It also has a couple of "premixes" - Upper Body Split and All Abs - that are very handy.

I really like the array of cardio formats: step, step-interval, step-leg-circuit, hi/lo and kickbox; often at least two formats are present in one cardio workout. And I also love the ab/core work, especially the routine after the Kickbox workout.

My personal faves are:

10-10-10's warm-up, kickbox and hi/lo;
Power Circuits step-circuit segment
Kickbox (again, including core)

I do think it's a worthy addition to your library.

Welcome aboard! Warning - here on these forums (forae?) we're all about spending your money for you.

A-Jock

It has its pros and cons.
Here's my take on it, in a nutshell:

Pros:
Time-efficient workouts
The weight workouts are excellent
Good music
Cathe is really motivating an on top of her game

Cons:
Some of the cardio moves are space hogs (in some, you have the step down, and move all around it).
There is too much of the same type of cardio for cross-training purposes to avoid overuse risks(5 cardio workout, all of which include impact moves, and 4 of which include step with impact).
There are LOTS of "power 7's" and "power 15's" (enough for me to get tired of them very quickly).

I think 4DS is an improved version of CTX from the point of view of cardio variety and cross training.

Thanks to both of you!!. I think I might have to hide form my husband to get CTX. He thinks I spend too much on DVDs. The thing is that He's right!!:+

I really like CTX. The way it's chaptered,the 2 discs with the 2nd having the upper body split and LL and abs...the short cardios that try to kill you ( Power circuit )...it's all good!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.