Cross Train Xpress 2

Aaroneet

Cathlete
I know it's not entirely original, but I love the series and I think that, especially in these economic times, few things are more called for. When people have less disposable income, sales for items such as fitness videos have less of a likelihood of increasing or keeping steady; you know this already. Especially, however, when obesity rates have skyrocketed, exercise decreases health costs, and is therefore profitable in the long run. A series like Cross Train Xpress brought Cathe Friedrich's intensity both in cardio and weights to a population that is pressed for time, as most of us are.

Some also may appreciate the weights in STS, but don't have the money for it. Cross Train Xpress makes each section a little less intimidating; if each DVD would be sold either as a package, or individually for, say, $10, there is not only a chance of retaining the core base, but of appealing to those workout fans who don't have the time (or the money) for other series.

The original Cross Train Xpress was brilliant; with another set, anything is possible.

I'd like to see a Cross Train Xpress 2 as well, or some type of weights and cardio series with shorter workouts.

I agree with that, particularly about things being more cost effective. I love the variety that Cathe provides but the DVD's are on the expensive side, so I have to buy them carefully. I know there's the downloads but I workout at hom and viewing them on my mps or computer is not feasible and to watch them on my TV requires more equipment that is also expensive. I don't have CTX yet, but have watched the previews and it looks like a really fun workout. Good points :)

I don't have Cross Train Xpress. I was wondering what you really like about it? Has SNM had it for the "sale" DVD yet? Maybe I'll purchase it if it goes on special. How is the cardio? Does it have a full body premix or are the weights individual body parts? Thanks.

I don't have Cross Train Xpress. I was wondering what you really like about it? Has SNM had it for the "sale" DVD yet? Maybe I'll purchase it if it goes on special. How is the cardio? Does it have a full body premix or are the weights individual body parts? Thanks.

Why I love CTX:
Disclosure: CTX is my favorite series so I'm a bit biased!! :eek:

1) Each workout is an hour or less: 30 min of cardio, 10-12 min weights, abs(I think 4 days have an ab section), & stretch.
2) If you do the series as is, you don't have to think about what you are going to do each day.
3) There is a variety of cardio: hi/lo, kickbox, and step. Each day you do something different.
4) The cardio is fun and you make good use of your time in those 30 min.
5) The weight sections are straight forward and no nonsense, just get in there and get it done.
6) The ab work is good and 2 of the workouts include plank work.

The ONLY thing, IMHO, that CTX is lacking:
1) Premixes.
IIRC, there are only 2 premixes - Upper Body premix (all the upper body sections) and an Ab premix (all the ab sections).

HTH!!

Oh, and I SECOND, THIRD, FOURTH...whatever... a CTX 2!! :D

Yes, I'd love to see a CTX2 also!:D But I'd love the weight work to be more strength (like in Four Day Split) than high rep/endurance. And, I'd love the cardio to continue to include some step workouts including steady state with intensity blasts mixed in and interval step. And lots of premixes thrown in! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.