Crazy Strong and Loving it for May 19, 2010

hriacobacci

Cathlete
Hi ladies - I managed to get up and do the 1st three combos of LIC then abs. I need to do weights later on.

Roxie - good job with the walk!

Jessica - love love love Imax 3.

Nora - wow! that's all.

Belinda - hope you're having a great trip.

Debbie - did you see my question about a new rotation yesterday? Wasn't sure if you had a chance to go back to the forum at all.

Melissa - how are your workouts this week?

Chris - I know you're rocking the workouts as always!

Happy Hump Day!

Good morning everyone.

I was supposed to start an STS M1 rotation last night but my quads we so incredibly sore from Circuit Blast on Sunday, that I decided to get some cardio in hoping to shake the DOMS loose. Did a little re-arranging of my rotation and did 4DS HIS. I had a hard time getting started but after about 10 minutes, my thighs loosened up a little and I was able to give it my all. Felt great! So tonight will be STS M1 D1.

BBL for personals. Have a good day!

Good Morning,

No walk for me today its raining again. I would love to see the sun stick around for more than 1 day. Tonite I will do Supersets rearranging this week to better fit my schedule doing LIC in its entirety is better done on a Saturday when I have more time.

Heather-good job with LIC and good luck getting your wts. in.

Melissa-sounds like you got a great workout Sunday glad you could get your workout in this morning, I haven't tried that workout yet just don't think I could get the moves down.

Nora-you always impress me with your workouts.

Today was cardio but when I got up my low back was bothering me. All the work we've done in the kitchen has finally taken it's toll on my back. It's been bothering me for a few days but in the mornings it's been fine. Not today. So I decided to take an unplanned rest day. I went back to bed and slept in and I feel good right now. I'm going to take an Aleve and take it easy today. I'm sure I'll be fine tomorrow, I just don't want to change throwing my back out doing side-kicks. KP&C was on tap for today.

Heather - I'm not sure what your quesion is? I went back and read what you wrote but not sure how to answer.

Debbie - good call on not doing KP&C today. If you're going to hurt your back more, that's the one to do it! I guess I was just asking your thoughts on that type of split. I want to try to do shorter weights so I can continue to do them during lunch if I want to. So I was thinking of pairing more muscle endurance style legs (high reps) along with bis/tris (since those aren't typically heart pounding muscle groups) then chest/back/shoulders, followed by a heavy leg day.

Today was cardio but when I got up my low back was bothering me. All the work we've done in the kitchen has finally taken it's toll on my back. It's been bothering me for a few days but in the mornings it's been fine. Not today. So I decided to take an unplanned rest day. I went back to bed and slept in and I feel good right now. I'm going to take an Aleve and take it easy today. I'm sure I'll be fine tomorrow, I just don't want to change throwing my back out doing side-kicks. KP&C was on tap for today.

Heather - I'm not sure what your quesion is? I went back and read what you wrote but not sure how to answer.

Hi ladies! I'm hyper, hyper, hyper! And I'm pretty sure it's going to wither away soon so I might as well take advantage of it. LOL. Was up at 4:20 this morning - not by choice - but because I'm watching my sister's cats who decided they wanted to be let out of the guest room at 4:20 vs. waiting for my alarm clock to go off 20 mins later. Since I was up and already planning an early AM workout with Scott, it wasn't THAT big of a deal but I'm sure I'll be sleeping away under my desk by 2 today. LOL. We DID get an awesome workout in though - first Power and then Ride which was an AWESOME AWESOME sweat-fest. I was totally drenched at the end, more so than usual and even the mirrors were steamed up. Our instructor today was on fire! Love that.

So anyway, I'm hyper. Yup.
Heather - love LIC! (and quasi-love Imax 3, though it was killing me last night esp since the crockpot was cooking away while I was working out and I was DYING of hunger by the end!)

Melissa - sweet on the DOMS and the STS rotation you are starting soon! Which rotation is it?

Roxie - it's raining here too, I feel your pain. Totally killed my planned run last night too, boo!

Debbie - take care of yourself today, enjoy the unplanned rest if you can!

Good job with your morning workouts. Sounds like you're still riding the workout high (for now). Enjoy it!!!

Hi ladies! I'm hyper, hyper, hyper! And I'm pretty sure it's going to wither away soon so I might as well take advantage of it. LOL. Was up at 4:20 this morning - not by choice - but because I'm watching my sister's cats who decided they wanted to be let out of the guest room at 4:20 vs. waiting for my alarm clock to go off 20 mins later. Since I was up and already planning an early AM workout with Scott, it wasn't THAT big of a deal but I'm sure I'll be sleeping away under my desk by 2 today. LOL. We DID get an awesome workout in though - first Power and then Ride which was an AWESOME AWESOME sweat-fest. I was totally drenched at the end, more so than usual and even the mirrors were steamed up. Our instructor today was on fire! Love that.

So anyway, I'm hyper. Yup.
Heather - love LIC! (and quasi-love Imax 3, though it was killing me last night esp since the crockpot was cooking away while I was working out and I was DYING of hunger by the end!)

Melissa - sweet on the DOMS and the STS rotation you are starting soon! Which rotation is it?

Roxie - it's raining here too, I feel your pain. Totally killed my planned run last night too, boo!

Debbie - take care of yourself today, enjoy the unplanned rest if you can!

Hey Girls...

Today is cardio day, but I just couldn't bring myself to do IMAX2 (not sure why, this USED TO BE my favorite Cathe workout. Not so much lately). So instead I did the cardio from Brazillian Butt Lift called Cardio Axe. It was totally fun! I can NOT dance and move my hips, but I felt like I did for 30 minutes! And watching Leandro shake HIS hips, well, I pretty much didn't care if I did or not! He's a good dancer. I found myself pretty sweaty by the end of it. I followed it with 30/30, which I found myself DRIPPING afterwards. Not too shabby of sub for IMAX 2, i'd say!

Jessica: Brazillian Butt Lift is pretty cool. The cardio is dancy, and fun, certainly not intense like Cathe, but fun and moderate intensity. The 2 lower body workouts I did are a LOT like Butts and Guts. One is some moderate cardio with lower body moves, squat sequences. The other is standing band work, lying band work, and lying weight work (picture the moves from B&G on all 4's on the mat). I really feel these!!! I've also done the "Tummy Tuck" which is a pretty challenging ab workout (20 minutes). There is one or two I haven't done yet. A total body sculpt and something else. I want to see what non-weighted lower body rotation will do for my back end!.... Sounds like you really had some GREAT sweaty workouts today!!! always feels amazing to work hard like that!

Heather: Nice job on the cardio and abs this morning!! LIC is always fun. you did the abs from LIC too?... Have "fun" with your weight work at lunch!!! ... Good to hear the splitting up of workouts made you feel better. Great idea!

Roxie: We've had rain and clouds the past few days. It's dragging me down. I need sun!!! Enjoy SUpersets tonight!!!

Debbie: Sorry to hear your back is bothering you. Has your neck pain been ok since changing your work chair? ... I agree, KPC would have def aggravated your back!

Melissa: Will this be your second round of STS? Glad your legs thawed out a bit, HIS is fun, isn't it?

Nora: Another one in awe of your calorie burns! I think I burned UNDER 500 on my cardio today, and can NOT imagine doing another one of what I just did!!! :eek: You go, girl!!!! You are an inspiration!

better get going, have shopping to do, etc etc...

Chris - bustin' a move today girl. Way to go!! I have Hiit 30/30 on my rotation for tomorrow night. Is that the same 30/30 you are referring to? Looks like fun. But then again I thought Circuit Blast looked like fun when I previewed and I've been walking like an old lady since Sunday...:p I did a partial first round of STS back in October. I think I got almost to the end of M2 before I was sidelined for a few months. I have only set up a rotation of M1 and STS Cardio so far.

Heather - I love LIC. It's becoming one of my faves.

Roxie - it took me a long time to get HIS. I think that's why I like it so much. I feel so accomplished when I get through it without tripping over myself!!

Debbie - sorry to hear about your back. Are you remolding your kitchen? That can be a workout itself!!

Jessica - how ya doing? Have you crashed under your desk yet?

I am extremely tempted to get my hair chopped off today. This weather and my hair do not mix well. I usually wear it in a short bob, similar to my avatar, but I've been trying to let it grow a little and it's driving me absolutely batty today. I keep eye-balling the scissors on my desk...:eek:

Hi Nora and Belinda!!

Chris - bustin' a move today girl. Way to go!! I have Hiit 30/30 on my rotation for tomorrow night. Is that the same 30/30 you are referring to? Looks like fun. But then again I thought Circuit Blast looked like fun when I previewed and I've been walking like an old lady since Sunday...:p I did a partial first round of STS back in October. I think I got almost to the end of M2 before I was sidelined for a few months. I have only set up a rotation of M1 and STS Cardio so far.

Heather - I love LIC. It's becoming one of my faves.

Roxie - it took me a long time to get HIS. I think that's why I like it so much. I feel so accomplished when I get through it without tripping over myself!!

Debbie - sorry to hear about your back. Are you remolding your kitchen? That can be a workout itself!!

Jessica - how ya doing? Have you crashed under your desk yet?

I am extremely tempted to get my hair chopped off today. This weather and my hair do not mix well. I usually wear it in a short bob, similar to my avatar, but I've been trying to let it grow a little and it's driving me absolutely batty today. I keep eye-balling the scissors on my desk...:eek:

Hi Nora and Belinda!!

LOL I'm still here, not asleep yet but I'm sure its just a matter of time now. ;)

I say chop it, chop it!

Back to report on weights. It was 3 sets of 12 reps:

Zottoman curls - 16's (probably could have done 17 to be honest with myself)
Weighted dips - 40#
Squats - 80#
Plie squats - 70#
Flat bench dumbbell press - 30's
Underhand dumbbell rows - 26's
Alternating lunges with pulse - 60#
Calf raises - 80# (did 3/20)
Upright (dumbbell) rows - 16's
Rear delt raises - 12's

Now I am ready for a nap :eek:

Chris - sounds like you had a fun workout!

And right on schedule, I'm ready to fall asleep at my desk. With loads of work still to be done. This could be interesting. ;)

I'm sorry you all, I am so swamped at work that I don't have time for personals. But you are all kicking some ass today! :cool: I need to answer Heather, though.

Debbie - good call on not doing KP&C today. If you're going to hurt your back more, that's the one to do it! I guess I was just asking your thoughts on that type of split. I want to try to do shorter weights so I can continue to do them during lunch if I want to. So I was thinking of pairing more muscle endurance style legs (high reps) along with bis/tris (since those aren't typically heart pounding muscle groups) then chest/back/shoulders, followed by a heavy leg day.

If you do this type of split you are probably looking at at least an hour of training. If you want to make it short and simple, do two muscle group a day.

So maybe do something like this:

Bi's & Tri's
Legs & Shoulders
Back and Chest

And then do your cardio in the a.m. like you usually do or on alternate days from weight lifting.

Not sure that's what you're thinking of, though.

Hi girls;)

I just finished today's workout and I'm running short on time so I'll just check in now then be back later for personals.

Here's today's workout:

Insanity- Max Interval Plyo= 55 Min
Calories burned= 864

Legs & Glutes Premix-Floor work only= 11 min
Calories burned= 60

Total calories burned= 924:eek::cool: Boy, I'm sure pooped today, ugh!

Seeya later for personals, I hope everyone is having a good over the hump day!:)

Hugs!;)

Nora

DAMN, girl. That's all I got. Seriously that is INSANE! Are you like withering away to nothing over there with those calorie burns or what??

Hi girls;)

I just finished today's workout and I'm running short on time so I'll just check in now then be back later for personals.

Here's today's workout:

Insanity- Max Interval Plyo= 55 Min
Calories burned= 864

Legs & Glutes Premix-Floor work only= 11 min
Calories burned= 60

Total calories burned= 924:eek::cool: Boy, I'm sure pooped today, ugh!

Seeya later for personals, I hope everyone is having a good over the hump day!:)

Hugs!;)

Nora

Good Evening,

I am unable to workout tonite because my dvd player crapped out and I could use my laptop but its a pain in the ass. I will just have to go to the fitness center tomarrow.

Hi girls!;)

Heather- Nice job on LIC and later weights too, wow! You're a rock star WTG!! Those are some serious weights you lifted today, Awesome work!!

Melissa- You did 4DS HIS and tonight its STS M1 D1, sounds awesome bravo girl! I have to confess I haven't done that one much of HIS I think the choreography trips me up I know I need more practice with it but I have lots of workout DVD's and so little time to fit them in as often as I'd like. But it does make it great for changing up workouts. Please don't feel like your workout is inadequate, I workout like a maniac because I have MS and I'm desperately trying to hold on to my mobility and strength avoiding a wheel chair etc... My MS has effected my balance and strength in very significant ways and I'd like to lose 30 pounds so I'm no svelt athlete type, I wish!:p I just plugg along and do the best I can and I'm grateful for each workout even if its not a stellar one for me because I could move and attempt it. Its like they say why today is called the Present because each day is a gift to appreciate.

Roxie- Thanks for the compliment!;) I try to do my best and some days its not so great but I get through it as best I can. Your smart to rearrange your workout schedule so it best suits your schedule. That's a strategy for success, so keep up the great thinking on your workouts. Supersets is a perfectly fine workout and its easy on the time, so I hope your workout goes great! WTG Roxie!!!:)

Debbie- Oh no, I'm sorry to hear your low back was giving you grief today. Good call to not workout today to allow back to rest. I hope your back feels better, and maybe try the warm corn pillow on it. I find that helps my back when it bothers me. Feel better debbie, and Hugs!

Jessica- Bravo on the kickbutt workout with Power and Ride today!!! It sounds absolutely amazing and I love tough and exhillerating workouts too! That's an early start to your day but whatever works best for you is all that matters, just be sure to get enough sleep. Regarding Insanity, yes it burns an insane amount of calories which is awesome. No I haven't become the incredibly shrinking woman yet, but I wish! I have noticed my legs seem to have firmer muscle tone which is amazing because my legs are always very toned so to notice a big difference is something. Also my midsection feels stonger and feels smaller around the waist, thank heavens. You do use your abs alot in Insanity, infact every workout and you do use your body's own weight as resistance doing different exercises that can strengthen shoulders, abs etc... Its awesome even though first instinct is to think of it as only cardio but there are lots of other benefits to it. Insanity does incorporate alot of strength moves without using weights and is a nice option. Plus since there's no equipment needed you could probably travel with it. Its a great workout and I'm happy to own it.:)

Chris- You have me intrigued with the Brazillian Butt Lift workout now. I'm tempted but I have to hold out for Turbo Fire. So, I'll try to resist the urge. I'm happy for you that you're enjoying Brazillian Butt Lift and today was Cardio Axe, from the informercials it looks like a great workout. Now, if they could guarantee me a Victoria Secret Model body if I bought it, I'd buy that in a nano second! LOL!! Ok, so its a dream I know.:p Anyways, it looks like seriously fun workout and I say have a blast with it and enjoy it. Its nice to inject new workouts into the mix to give your workouts a fresh feel and inspire. Go for it with your Brazillian Butt Lift bad self!;):)WTG!!

Belinda- Hello's and hugs and I hope your having a kick butt trip!! So, have you gone Insane yet? I have its awesome you'll love it knowing the workout warrior you are. Take care!;)

Wendy- Hello's and Hugs! Can you believe this weather today, we had a power outtage for about an hour and a half today, thankfully we got power back! Take care!;)

That's it for me today, have a great evening everyone and sleep well. Seeya all at tomorrow's workout check in.

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.