~~~~ Coolers in October ~~~~

I'm TUCKERED! Just finished IMAX2 upto combo #8 inclusive. I probably could of finished it but I'm wondering if something in the rug is making my shoes slippery b/c I just don't always trust myself on the step. I slid a bit and once I get tuckered that's not a good combination:eek:

Kim - Last Thurs. I did Jackie Warner's Power Circuit - she does 3 separate circuits for the abs and yooza:D I'll have to remember to use that one more often. DH has my brother and another friend to help out next weekend at the cottage so I don't feel guilty not going to help:p Must arrange for a playdate for DS!

Laurie - I got BFFM back and plann on actually finish reading it. I must not be doing something right with my nutrition and I'm hoping it might have some answers as I work out hard enough:confused::confused:

Morning Ladies,

P90X Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps is finished. I really pushed as much weight as my body parts could handle this morning. Really feeling toasty right now. :eek: Will get in an ab workout after work, might have to revisit that JW Power Circuit workout. I do remember the abs in that one being tough. Thanks Patricia for the reminder. ;)

Kim, Glad to hear that your back is feeling better. :) I am enjoying this rotation, don't know why that is. Maybe because I'm in much better shape than I was when I first ventured into P90X. :eek:

Patricia, The nutrition in the BFFM is very valuable. It can be very plain, but after a time you will find creative ways to make you goals.

Have a great day!

Enjoying some extra time this morning as PS Back, Biceps and Abs is only 42 minutes. Yesterday was Step Blast.

Hope you get your step figured out Patricia. Maybe time for a new step? Weren't you having probems at the old house as well?

They have been busy putting in the insulation at the house the last couple of days hopefully done with that today (maybe even late last night as they were working late) and the drywall is sitting there. :D:D

Morning Coolers,

Yoga for me today, so PY4H Daily Doss of Bliss was my workout of choice. I didn't get the ab workout done last night, stayed later at work to make up for the time that I was sitting in traffic yesterday morning. :rolleyes: Will get the ab workout done after work tonight though, probably that Jackie ab workout that Patricia mentioned. Took the case out of the stack of stuff! :D

Kim, Wonderful that the house is progressing so nicely! You will be in that new house sooner than you think. Another bonus on those PS workouts, I think that the leg workout is the longest one.

Have a wonderful day!

Afternoon Coolers

What a wet and rainy day today. Extra long drive in to work today (I can empathize with you Laurie):(. Last night DS had a BBQ and Book Fair at his school so we got a good tour of his new school. It's amazing how much they know now. He reminded me about the book fair in advance. I can "trust" in him now that when he says something it's probably true.:)

I got in PS - c/s/t last night b/4 Survivor. My UB is talking to me today. I went really heavy and couldn't complete every rep. Step Blast tonight - I'm one day behind you Kim:D

Laurie - you'll have to tell me how you feel after that ab workout so I know its not just me getting DOMS from it:D With this rotation are you more tired and having to go to bed earlier. I've barely been able to stay awake past 10 lately and wonder if its from the heavier w/os.

Kim - hey, any more pics of the house??? Like some interior shots? No, I wasn't having any issues with my step b/4. I actually have 2 steps so I might get the other one out of the basement and see how that one is. They're both in great shape. You're just trying to enable me aren't you:D Hmm, I still have a balance on my G.C. I could get the Cathe step that's new and improved!:p:D

Patricia, I've been meaning to take some interior shots. Haven't done any as there really wasn't anything inside. Maybe I'll take some tomorrow.

So your ds is growing up, eh! School really makes them seem so much more mature. Isn't that gift card burning a hole in your pocket yet? I'm sure I would have spent it by now.

Did you see the Cathe/Disney announcement?

I think if I was doing Laurie's rotation I would be going to bed every night after dinner!

Hope you all had some trouble free driving today!

I just saw the Disney Trip announcement - yahoo!

We've been talking that we wouldn't go back for a few years but for this I could make an exception:D:D

We're actually talking about a cruise this winter and I need to get on-line to look some up. I think we will try a Royal Carribean cruise as I've only heard good things about it.

Last night was Step Blast and I think for the 1st time I actually finished the Challenge:D:D

Morning Coolers,

Insanity Fast & Furious, along with Cardio Abs. I loved the F&F workout, it was really tough, but over in 20 min. :D Since I had some time I added the Cardio Ab workout. After last night JW Power Circuit Abs, I was a little iffy on doing that. Abs are really talking to me right now.

Patricia, I love how that ab workout is structured, doing upper, lower and then obliques. I will let you know how my abs are feeling, probably will be dying later today and tomorrow. :eek: I'm actually doing really well as far as being tired. I'm usually in bed around 9-10 pm, because I wake up at 4:30 in the morning. :rolleyes: I think it is because I'm in better shape than when I first tried a P90X rotation. Last time I couldn't keep my eyes open when I got home from work. :eek: When those kids are interested in something they will remember, but if they think it isn't important they will easily forget. :rolleyes: Maybe you guy will be better than my girls where.

Kim, Very exciting on the house! I did see the announcement of the Disney road trip. Will have to think on that one. :D Will be interested in those pics.

Have a wonderful day!

I did take some interior pics of the house just have been too lazy to post them.:rolleyes:

Very busy weekend here. Went to the hockey game Friday night, got my 40 min brisk walk/ abs done before work.

Saturday, I started week 2 of the rotation with Slow & Heavy Chest/Back, then took kids to swimming lessons, dd to pianos lessons, ds to hockey practice and then my nephew's 4th birthday party in the evening which was pizza and then "Boo at the Zoo";) We were all tired last night.

Today I've got IMAX 3 done, and trying to clean out some closets for the open house in a couple of weeks. Going to take ds to curling soon. Also spent some time this morning, helping a friend plan a trip to Disney.

The weekends just go so fast!

Congrats on finishing Step blast, Patricia!

F & F must be from the deluxe package of Insanity?? I didn't have that one. What's it like??

Morning Coolers,

Insanity Core Cardio & Balance for me this morning, this starts my recovery week. Saturday was KenpoX. Sunday was nothing but me reading a book.

I also had a very busy weekend, started out with my oldest calling me to ask if I could come to her cc meet earlier, and please pick up a girl at school that overslept. :D Then right after oldest ran (came in 1st for her team), I took youngest to her dance classes. Came home, and had a bunch of teenagers putting a streak of die in their hair. :rolleyes:

Kim, F&F was not with the first package offer, you can now get it for 19.95 :rolleyes: from Beachbody! I wish that they would have given this as a freebie to all the people that bought the package. Oh my you are getting closer and closer to that open house.

Have a wonderful day!

Hey Kim - you should contact Cathe and offer your services for planning the Disney RT:D:):D;):p

Nice relaxing weekend for me. DH to DS with him on Sat. to close the cottage so I got to run my errands and be spontaneous. Stopped at a Xmas Bazaar and even got a manicure. Sat. was my 40min walk that I did around the neighbourhood and Sun. was my rest day.

Sat. night went to BIL's house for dinner along with the rest of the family. It was a great night for chatting while the kids played together. DS had skating lessons yesterday and tonight is swimming lessons.

I stayed up to 3am reading so I'm FEELING it now:confused: Why do I do this to myself? S&H on the books for tonight. Never done it before but atleast its not cardio:p:eek:

Laurie - hey, what colour was the dye? Might be fun:D Congrats to your DD on her 1st place win.

Kim - Bad girl - I don't think you took a rest day last week did you? I don't have IMAX 3 and don't intend to ever. I think I'll sub a Hiit. I was thinking about you and if you were ready for the open house. I told DH about the Disney RT and he immediately got on to the Nascar site and confirmed Daytona is the same weekend so he is onboard with going:p:D

Cathe had me working today. Did S &H Triceps and Biceps before work and then the 30 min brisk walk on the tm after work.

I posted some interior pics I took of the house on Friday. Today the drywall team was there!!:D:D

Do you think Cathe would let me plan the Disney roadtrip:D:D:D I love planning Disney trips:cool:

I have mixed feelings about the roadtrip. Disney and Cathe are 2 of my favourite things. But our once a year trip is for the family and it's not cheap! Flights for 4 from here to Orlando is around $2000. I would never choose to go in July as I like to go offseason when there is no line up for the rides. We also usually go with my sister and the kids love being there together. They spend lots of time at the cottage watching the Disney planning dvd together and making plans for our next trip together. Right now we're talking Dec 2011 and all 3 sisters with DH's and kids going. (12 of us) We're all big Disney fans. If I suggsted going in July when Cathe is there, my sisters' would think I was crazy. It's a dream come true for me but not the rest of the Disney obsessed family.;) I"ll wait for more details.

Patricia, you're keeping your ds busy with lessons! Any hockey this winter? The hockey politics with ds are brutal this year:rolleyes: I was up late reading last night too. Got to get to bed earlier tonight. You noticed the rest day, eh? Well it took me 9 days to finish week one so I figured I could keep going.

Laurie Congrats to your dd! Was she really excited?? Enjoy that well deserved rest!

You're going to have sooo much light coming into your house and just love it. I like the stairs. Is there a landing 1/2 way up? Love that its an actual door out to your backyard rather than a screen door.

Last night was S&H - C&B - 1st time I've done this series so another 1st for me on this rotation.

No hockey this year for DS. He didn't want to. He was scared to go to swimming lessons. He previously mentioned about not going down the big water slide and I've told him he won't be going anywhere near it. He had sooo much fun last night. This pool has steps that they played on while the instructor would take them one at a time out to the deeper water and then back to the step. No just sitting on the side of the pool like he did at the last place. He can't wait to go back. They even got him on his back and jumping into the water and no water wings were used.

Kim - I hear you on the politics. I think its like that in every sport. The stuff going on in my friends go-carting league is ridiculous!

Morning Coolers,

P90X Core Synergistics for me today! Forget how good that workout is.

My oldest dd is now running in her sectional cc meet on Saturday. She was suppose to take the college exam that day, but her coaches think that she might qualify for the state meet. The college track coach said that it would be ok for her to push the exam off until Dec. so that is a help. He said that he wanted her to be able to try for that accomplishment. I like this coach already. ;) If she does make it to state, she will have run at state twice in her four years. Not to bad.

Patricia, She put a pink streak of hair on the back of her neck. Actually turned out pretty cute. I just didn't want her to do to much, because she is involved in the celebration of DH's brother & SIL's 25th wedding anniversary. We don't need pictures of dd with pink hair! :eek: I stayed up late reading on Sunday, and dang it really is hard getting up the next morning. Sometimes books are just to good. ;) How do you like the S&H so far?

Kim, Will look at those pics shortly, bet it is getting more and more exciting as you see the progress. Of course sometimes it doesn't seem like they are going fast enough. :D DD was very excited with her finish, guess that DH & I, plus her boyfriend have to be there on Saturday. She always seems to do really well when we are there. The course she will be running on is another one that she likes.

Have a wonderful day!

As I huff and puff to get my breathe! Just finished Hiit Dble Pyramid. Tough:D:D

Laurie - that's a great opportunity for DD. Fingers will be x-d for this weekend and I'm sure she doesn't mind putting off the exam:p My chest was talking to me in the hi-impact moves tonight. Didn't feel any DOMS all day until then. Note to myself, get better support for w/os after doing S&H chest:p:D Looking forward to the abs and legs tomorrow.

Off to read in bed and get to sleep early tonight!

Goodness, I have DOMS in my quads from Slow and Heavy Legs/Shoulders yesterday! I don't get sore legs very often:confused: This morning I did Low Impact Step to replace the 40 mins of cycling, this is the intermediate workout with the smaller step it was enough this morning with my sore legs. Then I attempted yoga inspired abs from ab circuits.

I'm ready for a rest day! Will do PUB tomorrow to finish up week 2 and then take Friday off.

Patricia, the pic with dd standing on the landing is halfway up to the master suite. There is a landing, then 3 more steps so the bedroom is over the back of the house rather than over the garage. Glad ds is enjoying swimming lessons, it should be fun! I do miss teaching swimming lessons to the young ones. I loved winning over the nervous swimmers and getting them having fun.

Laurie, Core SYnergistics is a good workout! Some very unique moves in it! What an exciting time for your dd, possible state meets, thinking about college! At least only the back of the head is pink;)

Morning Coolers,

Insanity Cardio Recovery, and about 20 min. of the punching drills from KenpoX for me this morning. ;) That was a great combo, since the Insanity workout really works the legs.

DD's potential college track coach is going to be at her cc meet this weekend, so that should be added insentive for her to run really well. :D

Patricia, I think Hitt Dble Wave is my fav. of the three! :D LOL about needing the support after doing chest work. I think I did that after the first P90X chest & back workout too. I to needed to have more support. :eek:

Kim, The inside pics look great! Sounds like you and Patricia are enjoying this months rotation. I think the variety in the weight workouts is perfect, and if someone wanted to they could keep repeating it for another month.

Have a great day!

I just couldn't get out of bed and workout this morning:( I seem to be able to do the early morning workouts most day but about one day a week I don't make it out bed. SO will try and do PUB tonight.

Morning Ladies,

Today I did Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown Level 1, and then followed it up with Cathe's Total Body Stretching ~ Basic Stretch. This was a great combo, since Jillian's yoga is very heavy on the push-ups.

Kim, This morning was one of those mornings that the warmth of the bed was much better than getting out! :D Very chilly, and I to wanted to stay in.

Have a wonderful day!

I did PUB, just finished at 9 pm! I'm glad I got it done, I think my biceps will be feeling it tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a rest day and the kids have no school so I don't have to do the long drive:D Going to put in a full day at the hospital, DH is going to take the kids for the annual exams at the pediatricians.:D He's rarely done any of the kids' appointment since I always worked part-time and I'm in the medical field so nice for a change.

The house has really come along this week! The drywall should be done by tomorrow and they did the exterior waterproofing today.:D

SOunds like a good combo Laurie. IS your dd nervous about the meet on Saturday??

Patricia, how is that Power Ranger costume coming along??

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.