Cool 40's, Week of 10/23/11

I haven't checked mail today, maybe workouts in mailbox but I won't even take cellophane off until Thurs at the very earliest. Keep the reports coming!

I can't wait to hit the hay~

Morning all. Today was Cycle Max. I'd say this is the best DVD for spinning I've watched. Good instruction and a VARIETY (very important to me since I still don't really like the bike). I think the other reason I'm not a bike lover is that I don't feel so out of breath like with running (my legs burn out first), but I have a huge sweatfest! This one will stay in my rotation and I'm happy to have the variety.

We got 6 inches of snow last night (first snow is always so magical), another 6 on the way today. I get to work from home today, yipppeeeee!

Oh some of you have asked if the cycle max could be done on a regular bike. I'm sure you could tailor it but I do see an issue with doing some of the standing work (she has a lot in there so that's good for me because that eliminates sore bootie :) will see if my bum is sore --and not in a good way if you get my drift---tomorrow).

Good Morning,

I woke up with a migraine this morning I think it has to do with the cold front moving through and the new contacts so I didn't workout this morning. DD wants to go for a walk after work but its cold and rainy not my idea of fun and I still need to do that circuit so behind on my workouts. I wanted to go home early but they put the boss back in the hospital so no chance of that happening.

Lisa-thanks for the cold weather, glad you are enjoying the snow.

The computer is still out of commission but DH did hook-up the old vcr/dvd player so I can do my new Cathe's yippee! I have to tell you, the morning after I got them, I could not find them. The kids moved them and could not remember where they put them. I was sick that night so I went to bed early and in the morning I was "sick" again... I could just imagine the little one sliding on the floor with my slide 'n glide discs (she is the one who was dragging one of the stretch band on the floor pretending it was a cat). I have since found them and speaking of slide 'n glide, I tried it. Ouch, happy ouch, but ouch. I like it and I was sore. Funny, for low impact it still felt like a hard workout - a Cathe workout.

The kids and I tried Yoga Max last night (I think in an attempt to make up for touching and moving my Cathe's). The older one liked it but the 3 year old lost interest. It is good, a little faster than my other yoga dvd but maybe that is why it is called yoga max and not yoga relax (have not tried that one yet).

Oh, is it my tv or is the set brighter than usual? I did notice the change in the backround. I liked the other one, it was distracting at times and took the focus off my burning muscles. :) Oh, of course we are using the computer monitor with the vcr/dvd unit and everyone is now elongated... I hope the computer is back soon.

Hi to everyone, I hope all are well or getting there.

Roxie - I did a quick preview of all the dvd's too. I did it more so b/c I was sick that night and could not do anything but normally I just dive right in like Lisa.

Murphy

Hi girls! Gave slide & glide a try today, I am VERY clumsy! I did not look elegant or graceful doing that! I need a lot more work with those! Another sweaty mess! Murphy, did you like the yoga? I will give that a try this weekend. Lisa, I cannot believe you got all that snow!! Please don't send it here! I am begging you! At least you didn't have to go into work! Roxie, hope the head is feeling better. I believe your rain is coming my way! Jody, it is almost Thurs., you can open those dvd's soon! Well,,need to start dinner and cleaning this place! Have a good night, Mary

Good Evening,

Head is still hurting making me sick to my stomach so no workout for me tonite. Its really cold here told DD I wasn't up for a walk.

Roxie, hope you feel better soon, do you think it's the weather change causing the headache? It did me.

I really should go do something but I just feel lazy (didn't really get much work done at home either---just seemed to flounder all day so then I'd just go surf on my home laptop--that way work can't track all the surfing I do :)
I should go walk on the TM some, I should do the Yoga dvds (I hate yoga though). Hmmmm, I think I'll be planting my bum on the couch and catch up on some dvr'd shows.

Oh, and about 10" of snow here....yea, that's why I'm lazy, it's snuggle time!

Well, my quads are a bit sore from cycle max yesterday (and my left muscle above the knee on outside is sore too--weird). I did AFterburn, WHAT WAS I THINKING? Tough stuff---even CAthe out of breath! My covers wouldn't stay on my discs on the puzzle mats so I did those exercises on a carpeted spot. AFter the first part, (and stopping early on some of the exercises) I seemed to get into a groove (loved the jumping jacks on discs....I may replace jumping jacks in all workouts with those), so I either got into a groove, or my body was just numb :) Several times I just wanted to pass out of the floor, cardio, check, but my quads were so tired!

Taking Yoshi to the vet this morning (a different one), hoping to get some meds for her arthritis. We have rationed out the medicine from the other vet and are running out (he won;t prescribe anymore). We only give to her about every 2 weeks when she tenses up when I just pet her hip area, and then when she walks like her leg is asleep....it's then I think the arthritis pain must be bad. We'll see what we get, I just hope I get SOMETHING for my money. The only other thing the other vet will do is acupunture or light therapy, uh, the cat is OLD, just make her comfortable, right? So this vet is an old time vet (not the latest acupunture etc), so maybe he will give us the medicine. On the plus side, Yoshi loves being around us and is so loving. Poor baby she deserves all the love I can give her but I know it's gonna make it tough on me when it's "the time".

Roxie, how ya feeling?

Murphy, have you done one of the workouts yet?

Jody, helllooooo, how's school?

Mary, what w/o did you do? These new workouts are fun to get to know, but Nov 7th I want to start meso 2 of STS so I'm done before I go to FL and so I'm rocking some defined arms :) Ah, vanity :)

Good morning! Well, like Lisa, I gave Afterburn a try this morning! Holy cow! It looks so straightforward, it is deceiving! And I am with you on the vanity. I really need to work on my triceps, I am a bit ashamed of them! Hope the vet gives you what you want. I agree with the ancupunture, don't know if I would try it for myself. Roxie, how is the head? I am sure it is the weather change, messes with you. Jody, any more tests? Murphy, what have you tried? The dryer just buzzed, I better go answer it's call! Mary

Good Morning,

DD and I were going to go for a walk this morning but she had cramps really bad so might go tonite. My head still hurts but not as bad as yesterday probably can manage with tylenol. I want to work abs tonite and do some other workout but we shall see.

Lisa-I do believe its the weather change haven't really had one this bad in a while. Good job with your workouts sounds killer can't wait to try them.

Mary-sounds like you had a good workout to, that one looks like it could be my favorite.

Hey all, if I don't get a workout in today, its my own fault, cuz I should be able to make something happen for sure. I sorta previewed new LIS (is that its acronym?)

I am doing better in stats, kicking butt with my graphing calc. : )

Dropping by quickly, work is crazy. I just realized I meant to do athlete training and did afterburn instead (they both start with an A). I was confused when Mary acted like she had never done afterburn when I thought I was doing the workout she did earlier this week. I'm losing it!

Yoshi: This vet thinks she had high BP. HR is higher than normal and BP higher, so he is giving her a med for that. Nothing for arthritis yet as he doesn't give that kind of medicine but does a gluco-something shot? Wants to stabilize her BP and check her kidneys again in 2 wks (we had blood work done today), then if all ok will do shot for arthritis. There was something about being concerned about lowering bp could cause rapid infusion into the kidneys and damage worse (didn't understand, don't have time to google). I'm just shocked, I went in for arthritis and came out with BP,just like last time I went in with food allergies and came out with arthritis. OY! old age stinks.

Oh, and DH has to look for another project, even though he wanted off a few months ago they wouldn't let him off, so now they want him off and boom, he's gotta find something or be laid off. stupid how they treat their people. So, he's stressing.....I think it's a wine night again

4ish mile walk jog spints walk thingy in while dd at TKD..... maybe some wts tomorrow...

Everyone gearing up for nice weekend?

Hi girls! Today I did intervals on the TM while watching CycleMax. I really think you need a spin bike for that one. We just have DH's racing bike fitted in a trainer, I don't think that would work so well. And the seat is way to small for my butt! I tried the leg premix from TurboBarre yesterday, not too bad. Did the leg premix. Tomorrow will definitely be some yoga! Lisa, sorry to hear about DH. If he doesn't find a project is he totally out of a job? So, is Yoshi now on BP meds? Roxie, how are you feeling? Murphy, what have you tried? Jody, glad to hear stats is getting better! Well, better get to the shower! Have a good Friday! Mary

Good Morning,

DD and I went for a really chilly walk this morning only 30 degrees. Tonite will be TF 30 and HiiT 15 if I make it through both trying to catch up is a bite and I need to do some ab work.

Lisa-sorry to hear about DH and the cat's BP, enjoy your rest day.

Jody-glad to hear things are getting better.

Mary-feeling good today.

Good Evening,

Tonite I didn't feel like working out so I thought I would do something easy well apparently I don't know what and easy workout is I chose TF 30.

Stats:
31 min
10 in the zone
149 min hr
174 max hr
229 cals burned.

Hi girls! I lied, said I was going to do yoga today and I ended up doing cardio supersets. Why? I don't know! For only 35 minutes, it was hard!! Maybe I am just having an off day? Roxie, you sent your cold weather! Everything was frosted this morning. Lisa, how is all with you? I might mow the grass today, has to dry out first. Murphy, where are you? Jody, have you tried any new ones? Ronne should be back next week, hope she posts some more pictures. Have a good day! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.