cookware comments/recommendations

Affirm

Cathlete
I am planning to buy some a new stainless steel cookware set soon. I have been reading reviews on the internet, but still having a difficult time making a decision. All Clad cookware is totally out of my budget. I am looking at Cuisinart or Calphalon. Cuisinart has a multi-clad pro version that is a little more expensive than their traditional stainless steel due to having the tri-ply on the bottom of the pans and the sides of the pan (like All Clad).

Is there anyone out there that has one of these or another cookware set that can give me some feedback. Tell me what you like and don't like about your cookware.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated as I know cookware is an investment.

Hi there,

I have some of the Cuisinart pieces, both the traditional and the multi-clad pro, and have been very happy with all of them. They're heavy, heat evenly, and hold their heat well.

One piece I use the most is a non-stick stir fry pan that I've had for at least 6 years, and I 've been impressed at how well the non-stick coating has held up. I'm not real gentle with my cookware. :)

Have you noticed a difference in the multiclad and the other stainless steel by Cuisinart? I know there is a big difference in price and I was just wondering if you like the multiclad better.

I don't have any Cuisinart pans to compare but I do have some of the Calphalon tri-ply stainless and they're very good pans. You do not need to spend the $$$ on All Clad as there are many good quality pans out there of comparable quality.

I'd say any good quality tri-ply pan is going to perform well for you.

One more tip, I have gotten all of my cookware on Ebay. You have to watch the shipping charges now but you may find the same pan(s) at a better price on Ebay. It's worth taking a look.

It's a little hard to tell because the one Multi-Clad piece I have, a large sauce pot, is usually used differently than my Chef's Classic stuff, which is more skillets, saute pans, and my stir fry pan.

I don't notice any difference when doing something like sauteing onions, or browning meat, which I do in both. Hope this helps a little.

I did get most of my Cuisinart stuff from Amazon, and found the prices to be pretty good.

I have a Cuisinart classic deep skillet and I love it. It works beautifully and cleans up easily. I highly recommend it.

Whatever you decide, get anodized aluminum. The only stainless I would use is my All Clad that has anodized aluminum on the outside, copper core, and stainless on the inside. By the way, All Clad is wonderful!! You can sometimes find some of their pans on a great sale and if you do, buy one. That said, Target has a line of Calphalon (Kitchen Essentials) that is quite good. I have several pieces from it and they are all very good.

Stephanie

Calphalon: I started upgrading all my collection to this last year and am SO happy with all of it! I just buy a piece a month to make it more affordable. :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.