Confessional

kristina

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-01 AT 00:25AM (Est)[/font][p]OK, so I lost my mind yesterday. :-rollen I normally eat something with sugar, perhaps--once a month. And then it's one little old thing.
Yesterday, my boyfriend left 3 donuts in the house. AND I ATE THEM ALL. (8 am, 9 am, 10 am) AND THEN, I actually went to the store and bought a Haggen Dass ice cream thingie (2 pm). And figured, while I am at it--they were on sale--Mrs. Fields mongo-cookies, of which I ate approximately 4 (by 6 pm). :-jumpy
So today I was in sugar-crash purgatory. It is actually kind of funny, I NEVER do this. I had this twitch in my eye for a few hours, that ended up moving to my shoulder and then my thigh. My boss was HOWLING at me all day. Very amused, was he. I drank gallons of water and worked out hard, and the worst of it is out of my system. I was possessed by a four-year-old, I swear.
SO I SENTENCE MYSELF TO: 3 cardio kicks, 2 interval maxes and a Hail Mary (only kidding--no punishment for being human and falling of the health wagon)

Good god that twitch sounds like the spot in The Cat In The Hat. I hope it worked its way down to your feet and finally left!

I like your attitude about it all. I think everyone, I mean EVERYONE, can relate to the "what the hell was I thinking?" sugar binge day. I know I can. But you learn your lesson, for a while, and move on, twitches and all.

But thanks for sharing. It makes me feel better knowing it's not just me! The drinking lots of water is THE best antidote for a bad day like that, too. Good work!

Too Funny!

That's exactly where donuts end up on me~MY THIGHS!! It was well worth you falling off the wagon,Kristina, just to share a laugh with us! Good Luck with IMAX 2X!!!!!!! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

RE: Too Funny!

Whew! What a relief! I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one in need of an exorcism! I was possessed by some child that loves Cheez-its, because somehow the entire box disappeared before my eyes! How on earth did that happen...hmmmmm???

Where's the Holy water when you need it??

Chow,

Stacy :)

What a great story!!! It reminded me of something my husband will never let me forget...

Apparently, my brother who lives back east was talking to my then-boyfriend (now my husband) about a snack called Ho-Ho's. We live in CA and at the time couldn't get them here. Well, my brother sent a package to my attention, and in it was a box of Ho-ho's (chocolate cake type things...like Ding Dongs). Well, I tore open the package and ate 9 out of the 10 that were in the box, one right after the other. Then, and only then did I notice that there was a note on the box telling me they were for my boyfriend. Well, I didn't think I could give him the one that was left, and I felt too guilty to eat it, so I threw it away. That should have been the end of that, but I felt so awful for eating his treat that I told him all about it! Big mistake! 15 years later, whenever I eat more than I should of something, he says "Are we headed for another Ho-Ho incident?"

Gotta go now. All of a sudden, I want a snack! Just one, though.

Veronica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.