compare CCC and insanity

psusoccer17

Cathlete
For those of you who have insanity how would it compare to say cardio core circuit, is it way more advanced or just a little? I am intrigued by what I have read about insanity but I certainly wouldn't want to be doing a program like CCC everyday. I am 47 and my knees and back bother me if I do high impact everyday so I would like to be well informed before I purchase another program.
Thanks,
KAtie

I just did CCC today for the first time, that was one tough workout! I have not done Insanity for quite a while, but I would not say one is considerably more advanced than the other. I was gasping for air at points today, but I feel the core work at the end of each circuit helped to slow down the pace so I had more of a chance to catch my breath.

But, for me, Insanity is too much of the same thing to use everyday, I like the concept but I prefer to add in that kind of workout with other styles of workouts. I'm still glad I bought it, they are great workouts, but I don't see myself doing a full Insanity rotation. I think I got through 2 weeks when I first attempted the rotation as outlined in the program guide.

I would say that some of the Insanity workouts are equivalent to CCC and some are harder. None of the main Insanity cardio workouts are, in my opinion, easier than CCC.

With regard to your knee/back issue, if you think CCC is pushing your limits, then Insanity may not be for you. But if you like CCC and incorporate it periodically into your workout regime without negative impact on your body, then you might enjoy the Insanity workouts.

I've done a full Insanity rotation, but like Dela, I think the Insanity workouts are great for incorporating in with another regime. In other words, they don't have to be done everyday. If you like to push yourself a couple times a week and are looking for some of the toughest cardio DVDs on sale today (at least in my opinion), then I would encourage you to buy Insanity. I love these workouts, and on those couple days a week when I really want to push my limits, I always reach for them.

Hope that helps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.