Commit to get Fit & Lean for July & December 2015

Hi,

Today I did the IMAX 2 portion of Greatest Hits I even did a few over because I was way behind Cathe & crew:)

Belinda - It sounds like you are feeling better, but take it slow. Do you go to the Dr. again?

Kristin - This part of the trial must be the hardest.

Cookie - I thought maybe it was a mistake, can't believe they cancelled. I don't remember that instructor from the Firm.

Waves hi to Wendy

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

Last night I did 21 DF Ext. Upper Fix. This morning DH and I walked the dogs.
Later today I will do 21DF Ext. Pilates.

Debbie - I love Greatest Hits! I love the SJP step:) I don't do step much anymore, but once in a while find it fun. If I still have an ear infection by the end of the week, I need to go back. I still have swelling in my ear.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

'Morning!
Belinda, how are you feeling? You got that walk in early. It's really humid here, so I can imagine it is the same there.
Kristin, did you have to arrange child care for the time you're on jury duty? That could get expensive.
Wendy, are you doing 21 also?
Deb, I couldn't believe it either, esp since was told it would run no matter what. Have a plan for offering it as an online course, so may move that route. Kelsie was in the FitPrime series. I like how she is good at cuing.
Dropped donations off yesterday and found PiYo. Did lower body and it was yoga, which felt good on my sciatica. Today was RS which haven't done in ages, thanks to Deb for suggesting step. Only I did it w/o the step, since I've tripped over it the last few times I've tried it.
Cookie

Cookie - good find :) I am sure you got it for a good price too :) I am felling much better, thank you! It's humid here too.

Hi,

Today I did 21 df Pilates. I also took my son's dog for a walk but it started to downpour so it was cut short.

Belinda - Now I know what you mean about the downpour when you were walking your dogs but I was really close to home so it wasn't bad. I love Greatest Hits too & especially SJP step!

Cookie - That was a great find . . . I wonder if you can have them put dvds aside so that you can get 1st dibs;) RS is one of my favorites too. I have been using the step w/o risers. I always think about the girl who hurt her self on the RT we were on, especially when I haven't done step in awhile.

Waves hi to Kristin & Wendy

Good morning,

I will do 21 DF Ext. Lower shortly :)

Debbie - it's rainy here too. No dog walk, this afternoon we getting more thunderstorms :( What happened with the girl at the RT? Did she hurt herself on the step? I am keeping it easily :)

I will be back later.

Well jury duty is over. We were done yesterday. It was a very hard decision for me. I ended up crying in the jury box, but I think we made the right decision. Still cannot talk about the trial though as per the judge. The other jury for the other 4 defendants are still deliberating. I am a little depressed about the whole thing. I will miss most of the jurors and our 2 hour lunch breaks, lol.

Anyway, I did not workout Tuesday and yesterday. Too stressed from deliberations and then giving the verdict. Today I did Supercuts. My DH MUST put in the air conditioner downstairs. It is way toooo humid in the house, with the exception of our bedroom, which has a unit in the window. The A/C is very heavy and he needs someone to come help him. I cannot even help him, lol.

I will be back with personals tomorrow. I have to go to DS's baseball game.

Kristin

Hi,

Today I took a yoga class. I also practiced a routine from Athletic Step which I mostly watched, I was amazed at how it came so natural for Cathe & crew:oops:

We went to take my Mom out to dinner tonight. She is doing good but still upset about her sister.

Belinda - It looks like you are getting better, great job getting your workout in. The girl at the RT (I think it was the year before you came) either sprained or broke her ankle (maybe Cookie remembers) but was on crutches the rest of the trip. She was a good sport about it & still enjoyed the RT.

Kristin - I couldn't even imagine how hard the deliberations were. I could tell you really had your heart in it and made an educated decision.

Waves hi to everyone

'Morning!
Belinda, hoping you're continuing to feel better. If you ever decide to reenter the job market, sales is definitely your niche! Just think of how many exercise programs and dvds you've gotten us into.
Kristin, it must have been emotionally draining with the deliberations, plus then ending the long lengthy time together with the group. Plus then to not be able to discuss it, wouldn't help w/the emotional part.
Waving hi to Wendy.
Deb, if I recall correctly, she broke her leg. Maybe that's why I've been so concerned about tripping - subconsciously remembering her experience. I really like AT. It's definitely more to my taste, since I'm not very coordinated for the more dancey choreography of some of the others. SJP is a definitely favorite also. Hoping to be able to attend RT next summer. Very envious of you and Kristin.
Sorry for not checking in yesterday; I really do want/need to be more consistent. Didn't sleep well during night and was awake for a few hours but then managed to fall into a deep sleep, which was hard to get get moving when dh finally woke me up. Lots of errands, some work, hair appt, and squeezed in Tighten Tone & Torch. Feeling that one in my abs this morning. Modified Rockout Knockout this morning. Boy, was impressed again with how tight that workout is, nothing extra and great cuing.
Cookie

Just finished RWH UBC, premix with all upper body, abs mixed in, no blasts. That was a great premix. I was going to do Plyo Hiit 2, but the second I started the warm up, I got a shooting pain in my the back of my calf. I stretched it out, but it kept coming back. I forget that UBC has a lot of lunges and other leg work, but it wasn't bad on my calf. It didn't aggravate it more or anything.

The other jury gave their verdict so I can now talk about the case!!!! Here it is. . . In late October 2012, a resident in a nursing home on the vent unit (Medford Multicare for the Living) died. This was right before Hurricane Sandy. The staff at the nursing home claimed it was a heart attack. The truth is that the Respiratory Therapist (a per diem who worked there once or twice a month), overlooked the doctor's orders and did not put the patient on the vent, which she needed when she slept. The patient died as a result. Most disturbing is the fact that her pulse and oxygen levels declined slowly and alarms went off in her room, at the nurse's station and in the two hall monitors, plus one more in the RT office, for TWO HOURS and no one responded. There was a CNA assigned in her room and the CNA ignored the alarms and didn't get help. There was a CNA whose ONLY job was to watch the monitor at the nurse's station and alert nurses and staff if a resident was alarming and she did not respond. On video you see that winner DANCING in her chair while the monitor is going off. You see nurses at the nurses station RIGHT NEXT TO the monitor, not respond. My jury had the Respiratory Therapist as the defendant. She is a 63 year old mother and grandmother. She was charged with five counts, the highest being criminal negligent homicide. We found her guilty of that count and the fifth count of failure to report abuse and neglect. She was also charged with falsifying documents to cover it up, but we found her not guilty because we felt that wasn't proven by the Attorney General. The other two counts the judge told us had to be not guilty if we found of guilty of the first count. the reason this was so difficult for me to decide is I felt such sympathy for this woman. She looks elderly, her husband is this tiny man. Her entire church congregation came to the entire trial and when I would wait on line to go to court, they would be on line with me. I would see them praying in the parking lot. I felt that because she wasn't there every day, she didn't know the patients as well as the every day staff, like the nurses and CNAs. The CNAs admitted they knew she had to be on the vent but said NOTHING! This lady didn't even know she had to work that night. They had to call her to come in (night shift). When she got in the RT she was relieving was pissed and left without giving her a verbal report. She had 20 patients that night and did her rounds, but overlooked or didn't see that this one patient needed to be on the vent. However, when the alarms went off for TWO HOURS, she also did nothing. Now, I think she didn't repsond because she felt if there was an issue a CNA or nurse would alert her. . . as is their job. . . but they did nothing. After 20 minutes, respond! She was the only one charged with criminal negligent homicide because she was the one responsible for putting the lady on the vent. Now she is facing up to four years in prison. the judge told us afterwards, he won't give her the full four years, but the prob department is going to investigate and then recommend sentencing to the judge, which he can consider if he wants to. Her sentencing date is Sept. 15. I happen to be off that day (Jewish holiday). A few jurors and I plan on attending the sentencing. Anyway, I was trying to convince the others not to charge her with that count because I knew it meant prison and I felt being guilty of the lesser charges would be probation and give everyone a sense of relief (guilty verdict for the family of the deceased, no jail for the grandmother), but you have to go by the law. The law was very clear, and I was allowing my sympathy to get in the way. I cried when the foreman read the verdict and I have been thinking about it ever since. The other three nurses and the one administrator were found guilty yesterday. I felt they got what they deserved. They disgust me. The CNAs took plea deals, which I don't think is justice at all. Anyway, the judge told us the attorneys may contact us to speak with us and I am nervously anticipating that the defense attorney is going to try to speak with me because clearly I was upset at the reading of the verdict. I have nothing to hide. I mean, I felt she was guilty of the crime, I just didn't want to be responsible for sending a 63 year old grandmother to prison. My husband said it best though; I am not responsible for sending her there, she is responsible for her actions and needs to be held accountable. The jury is responsible for rendering a verdict, the judge is responsible for the sentencing. I trust the judge will be fair. He is a highly intelligent man. So that's that. Back to normal life, whatever that is, lol.

Now I can try to focus on the RT, which is coming up soon!!!! Deb I saw your question. I am sorry I didn't respond sooner. I am in a fog, as you can imagine. I'll put it on my card, and you can give me your half in cash. That's fine with me. I think I remember that girl too. My first RT in 2010 I want to say.

Cookie- I haven't been sleeping well this whole week because of the trial. Last night was the first decent sleep I got, and it wasn't all night! As far as childcare, DH took off this week. I was worried if we went into next week.

Belinda- I am so glad you are starting to feel better.

Waving hello to Wendy!

Kristin

Kirstin - I feel for you, girl! ((HUGS)))But agree, with your husband :( That's a lot of responsibility for a 63 year old lady :( Why would you ignore the monitor alarm in an nursing home? I can't believe the rest didn't responded either, WTH? Very sad.

Just did my workout. Hard Strikes premix with no conditioning and core 1, plus heavy bag tabatas 1 and 2. My calf is still tight, so as much as I am jonesing for a step workout, I had to stick with a safer option. For some reason my calf is getting aggravated by step.

Belinda- The whole thing was very sad. Still cannot get it out of my mind. I know we made the right decision. Just wish it never happened.

Waving hello to everyone who follows.

Kristin

Good evening,

Yesterday ended up being a rest day. Today we doubled up :) We did 21 DF Ext Cardio and 21 DF Ext Dirty 30 :)

My ENT doc changed the meds, hopefully that will do the trick. Getting tired of this :(

Kirstin - I am sure it will take some time until you get this out of your mind. Try not to think about it to much. It is what it is, right? Hope Hardstrike helped today. Be carful with your calf. Make sure, you stretch real good before you workout.

Good night ladies!

Hi,

Yesterday I did Lean Lower Body Live & today was bonus section of Greatest Hits Cardio & Weights. My legs are sore from yesterdays workout.

Last night DH & I went out to eat but were up last night with stomach aches:confused: I feel bad for DH he drove to Atlantic City for a dinner/bachelor party for a friend who is getting married (around 2 1/2 hours each way). I went out with my younger ds because his gf is in South Carolina visiting her grandparents. We had a nice outside dinner tonight, it was nice to have one-on-one with him.

Belinda - I hope the new meds help, do you have problems sleeping? Dirty 30 is one of my favorites of the set. I saw your thread in the OD section about the Mary sale, too funny. Cookie is right you would do great in sales;)

Kristin - That was some case, it's amazing that they had so much evidence. I could see how it was so hard & sad for you (it was sad & scary reading about it). I agree with your DH & also think the judge will be fair with the woman.

Cookie - I wish we were all going to the RT, that one year we all went was so much fun!! I like the name of the workout you did the other day.

I watched an old chic flix tonight My Best Friend's Wedding.

Good morning,

I will do 21 DF Ext Yoga after my coffee. I am kinda following Cathe's July rotation too. I am really liking the variety in the rotation.

Thanks Debbie :) Good job yesterday. Yeap, I would make a good sales person :D I do need to stop buying workout dvd's :eek: I have more then enough.

I will be back later.

Good afternoon,

21 DF Ext Yoga and Ab Circuit Pilates inspired ab is done. Pilates ab was a breeze today, doing Pilates/yoga every week really payed off.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today.

Workout done! I had to do it before dinner because we were out all day. DS had a baseball game that went into extra innings. The game was 10 minutes away from the courthouse, so afterwards I took DH and the boys to my favorite restaurant that we all went to for lunch. Then we went to the outlets (also 10 minutes away). I went to the Under Armour outlet and got some cute workout clothes for the RT. I am really getting excited for the RT! Anyway, today's workout was Crossfire less impact workout.

Belinda- nice workout today! I need to incorporate more yoga into my workout week. I always say it and I hardly do it. How is your ear?

Deb- I am getting sooooo excited! I plan on leaving here around 11:30. I should be at the hotel around 2. I am hoping they will let us in the room early. I am excited to see the new hotel. I am not into Zumba at all, so I was thinking of leaving after dinner and going in the pool/hot tub at the hotel.

Waving hello to Cookie and Wendy!

Kristin

Hi,

I did 21 df cardio fix. I took a break from practicing step LOL! I took a quick dip in my in-laws pool & went home & cooked my monthly sauce for the rest of the day.

I finally took some of my pictures off of my old iphone & saw some of the old RT photos!

Belinda - I forgot to check out the July rotation. I have been enjoying doing pilates too!

Kristin - For some reason, I thought it took you 5 hours to get to Cathe's. I'm leaving around 11-11:30 too which should get me there around 2PM. Last year I didn't do Zumba just took a peek. I love the Under Armour Outlet store for me & my family but it's just too far so I don't get there much.

Waves hi to Cookie & Wendy

Good morning,

I will do 21 DF Ext Plyo and IMAX2 today.

Debbie - I get through a lot of my older Cathe dvd's with the July rotation :) I am trying to get through premixes and original workouts. That will take me a while, lol! I can't believe how much I improved with pilates. I have to admit, I hated Pilates before….couldn't stand it:D Now I love it!

Kirstin - 21 DF changed that for me :) Now I love doing yoga/pilates. Plus, I feel better afterwards. Under Armor has some really cute stuff. I also love TJ Maxx for workout clothing. RT is almost here:)

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.