Commit to get FIT & LEAN for December!

'Morning!
Belinda, glad to hear how wonderful your dh treats you. You'll enjoy the fitbit. Sometimes I find I want to walk up and down the stairs to get in a few more steps, except when my foot is sore.
Amelia, hope everyone is well.
Kristin, sorry you were sick on Christmas That's not fair. Hope you're doing better now.
Lori, glad to hear how things are going. You must have been frantic w/o working out for five days.
Deb, what is it w/the eldest sons?!!! Mine gives me major stress and Christmas was peak w/him. Glad your dh and other ds take good care of you. The stones are hot but not at all unbearable. The heat is very soothing.
Did CF on Christmas and tb barre yesterday w/5 mile walk. Taking one son to airport and other to an appt then bus - so hopefully the roads are not as bad as they are saying on the radio. Want to do ttm this evening.
Cookie

Just a quick check in:

Lori - welcome back! We missed you. Glad you made it safe with your kids. I am confused? What and why, is the guy living in your basement? That is weird! Glad you had a good Christmas. Where do you live? You should be used to that cold, you are from Canada. If it makes you feel better be got snow, not liking it at all. Hope you find a job/care for your babies soon.

Kirstin - (((HUGS)))so sorry your under the weather. Glad you are taking it easy. We should get xtrain this week, maybe Friday?

BBL!

Last edited:
Hi,

Another day down in the city, but it is wearing me out . . . too many people. My arms hurt from yesterdays workout, too tired today to get one in, can't imagine how sore I will be with the new workouts:)

Lori - Welcome back & good luck with your new temp. home! Wow you accomplished a lot while you were gone, you are super Mom. I thought you already lived near the North Pole (LOL) can't imagine it being any colder. Did you ship all your exercise toys?

Belinda - Did you time it right that you'll be done with STS when the DVDs arrive?

Kristin - Ugh, someone next to me sneezed & coughed on the train ride home from NYC, crossing my fingers I don't catch it. Double ugh your sick on the holiday & your vacation. Sending lots of chicken soup your way;) Feel better.

Cookie - I hope the roads were clear for you this morning. Your right the stress with the oldest does always peak at the holidays:(. Is DD going to try Cathe's new workouts before she leaves?

Amelia - Are you busy at the store for New Year's? I guess with parties you could be.

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, I'm not appreciating the snow we have either! So have you been tracking your steps?
Amelia, are you working this week?
Kristin, Hope you're feeling better. Got a few emails and calls from teachers and every one of them said they were sick - either colds or flu. They must have thought of it as might as well get some some work done while under the weather.
Deb, urgghhhhh, is all I can really say about eldest. The others are wonderful. If I only had them, I might think I knew something about how to parent. Hope today is easier for you. What wo did you do that your arms are so sore?
DD wanted to wo w/me last night but she doesn't like step so we did MMA KB instead of TTM. Going down to the TB TriSets now. Then walk the dogs, and run errands. DD and I have hair appts.
Cookie

Morning girls,

I will do xtrain ride today and abs. Downloaded all my workouts.

Debbie - good job on your DOMS. What workout did you do?
Cookie - glad you had fun with your KB workout. How did your DD liked MMA KB? Yes, I am tracking my steps and sleep. Do you?

Waving Hi to everyone that follows.

Hi,

I didn't have time for a workout, I went to NY store & needed to finish 2 Kohl's stores. Next week things get better because I'm only working in NY & computer work.

My workouts didn't arrive yet . . . I could download but I'm hoping tomorrow they will arrive. The only thing that is weird is that I received a December magazine today & last week the January issue:confused: Our poor mailman was working on Sundays during the holidays so hopefully my DVDs won't be delayed.

Belinda - It's good that you can do the cycle DVD. Some people did get their DVDs in the mail today. Well do you like the new DVD? I think there are a couple of low impact ones.

Lori - Are you looking for jobs in fitness field?

Kristin - I hope your feeling better.

Cookie - I did free weights but when I thought about it I helped with a floor move & was carrying a bunch of heavy bags:confused: At NYC store you need to put the merchandise in either clear bags or bins but it is difficult with all the people to use the bins (especially when the customers throw their garage in it when I'm passing LOL). It sounds like your enjoying time with DD.

Amelia - Are you working for New Year's? I can't believe that so many food stores & retail stores are open.

Morning girls,

I will do D33 today.

Debbie - didn't see any new moves in that workout, liked the music. Hope you get your dvds today.

I will be back later.

Good Morning:)

Yesterday I ran for 6 miles and did my own UB stuff. It felt awesome to run!! I don't understand why people don't enjoy working out, just as much as people don't understand why we enjoy working out! At least I am closer to races if I ever decide to do another marathon. I'm not sure what today's workout will be yet. Probably another run and legs.

I have been looking for jobs online but nothing that really grabs me. Now...I applied on a lot of jobs that didn't really appeal to me cause I just need to find work right now. But on another note, I also need to find child care! And that could be harder then finding a job! It would be nice to have a part time job that I could do when DH is off! Or when DD is home in the evenings. There was a opening at the liquor store but the pay wasn't that great.

So the deal with the guy in the basement....well, I think the guy who owns this house wasn't really living here anymore. He has a GF and I think he was staying at her place most of the time. So he decided to rent the basement in his home and this guy needs to use to kitchen. At first I thought it was a terrible idea and we decided against it. That was until we couldn't find anywhere else to live. And the other thing is that we didn't have to sign a lease. He doesn't care if we are here 1 month or a year. When we decided to take the spot, he decided to officially move in with his GF and most of his belongings were still here, which is a pain b/c we had to pack most of it up:mad:. I had twice as much work to do. The guy in the basement is harmless. He seems nice enough. Hopefully we won't drive him crazy! In the meantime I can't wait for our house to sell so we can buy something here! DH also gets a nice raise in 6 months (I guess 5 months now) and he's also been getting OT.

Belinda** hope that explained the situation a little better. I know it's weird. It's weird for us having someone else live with us. It's also weird being jammed into this size of house. I think when I take the tree down it will seem a bit more roomy here. Either way I have my workout room set up in the laundry room!:D

Cookie** I was kept busy enough and I had so much on my mind that I wasn't as frantic about not working out as you'd think. Moving boxes and cleaning was workout enough! Lol

Deb** looking forward to your reviews on the new workouts! I don't expect mine until a couple of weeks. I'm even further north then I was before. And it's a different kind if cold. Our cold is damp, this is dry and colder! But I don't ever have bad hair days! Lol

I will bbl to report my workout!

Lori:)

'Morning!
Belinda, how did you do hiit with your foot?!!! Hope you're ok.
Amelia, how's your weather? Do you ever wish for snow?
Kristin, have you recovered from the flu/cold?
Lori, glad you're settled in and back to running. Moving is a workout! Has dd had much opportunities to make friends? Good childcare is much harder to find than a job.
Deb, hope you get your workouts today. I'm hoping for today but probably more Monday. What one are you going to do first? Agree the bins probably confuses folk - and it doesn't take much.
Walked this morning and started my 1 reps for xtrain. Going to a wedding in the Catskills and leaving soon. Looking forward to a short minivacation. Hope ds remembers he's in charge of dog care.
Cookie

Hi everyone. I am finally beginning to feel almost 75% better. I am still coughing, but it is much more broken up. I did manage to finally workout. I did HSC. It was the perfect amount of cardio for me. I got through it without coughing up a lung. Both my DSs are still sick. I spent the day taking care of them and giving the house a deep clean. Four days in bed I couldn't take it anymore. I had to move, you know? We are getting hit with some snow and I couldn't go anywhere anyway, so I decided to clean up. DH and I have been talking about making it our resolution to get out of this tiny house. We are hoping to sell it, as the market seems to be improving around here. It is our plan to save as much money as possible this year and then put this house on the market and buy something more suitable for our family. I am thinking we will be able to do it. Let's hope.

Cookie- Let me tell you, I am so glad I did not have work this week. Between me and the boys, I would have had to call in sick. I am glad we were sick together and I got to take care of them the whole time they were sick. Often, I'll take a day, then DH, then my parents, but my boys always want me when they are sick. Mommy is #1. So then I would feel guilty. Glad I didn't have to make a choice this week. Are the 1 reps up for XTrain in the workout manager or did you get the guide and dvds? I am dying to get mine!

Lori- glad to see you are back on here! The situation with sharing the kitchen could be annoying, but at least he seems harmless and this is all temporary anyway. I hope you sell your house soon. . . sending you positive vibes!

Belinda- lucky you getting to do Xtrain workouts already! I am dying for my delivery. I am hoping Monday because the post offices are closed on Tuesday, obviously, lol. Have you decided what rotation to do? What rotations are there? Maybe we should all do a rotation together?

Deb- I bet that working on your computer and NY will feel like heaven after this holiday season. I read that sales were down too. I found that hard to believe because all the stores were packed here every day leading up to Christmas. This flu/fever is going around here. DH went to three different stores today to get more children's tylenol :eek::confused:

Amelia- How was your holiday? Are things slowing down for you at work now?

Okay, off to make dinner.

Kristin

Hi,

It has been snowing here all day at least 4-5 inches so far. I waited until mail came at 5PM but no X-train:( about to do HR. I think the snow delayed the workouts now crossing my fingers for Monday.

So we are dogsitting DS's friends dog who is an English bull dog. It is a tiny (but chubby) dog but so tough looking, cute & ugly at the same time. I keep telling the dog it needs some beauty rest. We are having a lot of laughs with the dog. It's legs are maybe 3 ins. and it climbs on our ottoman & couch. Could live without the slobber:p

Belinda - You're so close to being done with STS. How is your foot today?

Lori - I bet you learn to incorporate a circuit with TM & doing laundry in no time:eek: It seems like guys don't spend too much time in the kitchen it would be worse if it were the bathroom.

Kristin - I'm happy your feeling better, your right it's better that you were all sick together in the end it will be easier. Are you starting to look at houses yet? That is always fun to do.

Cookie - I didn't realize their were 1 reps for X-train:confused: I forgot about the book too! It seems like you always have a wedding in the snow . . . snowboots & a dressy dress;)

Waves hi to Amelia

Have a great night:)

Good Morning:)

The guy in the basement just left for the day so my workout will be earlier then later...thank goodness. And the baby is already gone for a nap. After I'm done this coffee I will probably head to the basement. It's only 7:30 here :rolleyes:.

Yesterday I did 30 mins on the TM, MMA boxing combos with weighted gloves, STS FB legs and HR&PH abs. I think today will be cardio, chest and back...it's the only thing not hurting right now.

Cookie** she actually met a couple of kids the other day. I could tell she was happy. We went to a sports store and we ended up chatting with everyone who worked there. There was two younger kids there, and the girl is in the same grade, same school. I think they have been texting back and forth. It's going to be different for both kids b/c they use to come home for lunch before. They stay in here (like most places). I'm not sure how DS will cope with that one.

Deb** maybe you'll get your workouts tomorrow. Short dogs kill me too. They are pretty amusing.

Kristin** thankfully the guy is a nice guy. I can't imagine if be was a idiot. This would be torture!! Houses around here are pretty expensive. We could get something real sweet for half a mil...lol...to bad we can't afford it! There is one house right behind us in our price range but we aren't ready yet so we will just have to wait it out. Sorry to hear you were sick over the holidays. Seems to be common! When we stop, we get sick!

I'll bbl to report my workout!

Lori:)

Morning,

Today is a rest day, but DH and DD wonna go to the gym on base later .

Cookie - it wasn't a good idea doing the low impact workout, it still bordered my foot. I really need to STOP doing those kinds dumb things:confused: How is your foot doing?

Debbie - I have 3 more disc and I am done with STS. YEAH!!

Kirstin - looking at the rotations, not sure with one I will do? Not sure if I want to do another 90 day rotation? Maybe I just do the 30 day one? The time on those rotaitons seems a little long too:( One of the leg wo is 80 min long:eek: but you only do that one once a week:p Glad you starting to feel better. Have fun looking for a new house.

Lori - that makes more sense about the guy in your basement:eek: glad you had a great xmas. :eek: glad everything is working out for you guys. Hope you find a bigger house in a few month. You must have one huge laundry room:p

I will be back later to report my workout.

'Evening!
Belinda, there is a 30-day rotation for Xtrain. It is recommended to take a week off in between sts and it, tho. You take it easy on that foot. Mine is doing better, but then again mostly I'm keeping my walks to under 5 miles and don't do much high impact at all when doing cardio. Lately I've been using the rebounder for some of Cathe's impact moves. Massages are really helping also.
Kristin, how are your ds doing now? It really must be going around if it was that hard to find meds. We're at the opposite end of the child-rearing spectrum - we debate downsizing!
Lori, one of my sister's used to rent out a room to a guy and he used her kitchen. Well, he really never did but he could have. She knew him from her church and it worked out well but was only for about six months. TG your dd is making some friends and settling in - life could be challenging otherwise.
Deb, the dog sounds cute. The slobber wouldn't appeal to me either. So, is it making you think of getting one? Hard to believe sales were down - every store was crowded the past few weeks. Yeah, another friend's kid getting married in the middle of winter! More snow came than was predicted and we had to go a lot slower to get there. Ended up getting there just in time but had not time to change into our dress-up clothes. First wedding I've ever gone to in jeans and Sorel boots! Changed for the reception. They rented a resort so we stayed there. Food was really good and great music. The 1 rep was in the book. I got that part downloaded. The videos take too long w/my internet access. Hoping they arrive tomorrow. I was bummed they still aren't here.
Finished my 1 reps. Now my dh wants to do the 90 day Xtrain/LIS rotation w/me. Told him I'm doing it w/or w/o him, so if he wants to do it he'll have to get up early in the morning. He is not a morning person so we'll see how long he lasts.
Cookie

Evening ladies. Just did SM. I haven't done that one in months. I forget how much fun dancy-step is, I smiled the whole time (and coughed a bit too :mad:). I am crossing my fingers that a little package comes in the mail tomorrow :eek:. I am so envious of all you that have the workouts already. I mean, I could buy the downloads, but I have no clue how they work. Did you do the workout off your computer> Do you stream it on to your tv? I like the big tv when I workout, not my small laptop screen.

Anyway. . . nothing exciting to report. I spent my day doing laundry and lesson planning. Whoopie! Both DSs are feeling better though. We played Twister after dinner because I felt guilty that I spent most of my day on the laptop tying up plans. . . It was a lot of fun.

Anyone have special New Year's plans?

Cookie- your comment about downsizing cracked me up. I am really hoping it will be doable for us this year. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Belinda- looks like you are finishing STS just in time. Take it easy on that foot. Maybe take a full week or two of rest before starting Xtrain. Maybe just do Yoga during that time. Is the 90 minute workout in the 90 day rotation or 30 day? Oh my! I hope I get my Xtrain so I can study this book, lol. I remember when I got STS. I read that guide over and over and over again.

Lori- only half a million, huh? Lol. That is crazy, but I'm sure you will find something that's perfect for your family. All in good time. I see you are still doing amazing workouts!

Deb- I've started looking online. I also downloaded a realtor app. It is pretty cool. You type in the zip code and a map comes up along with the houses for sale. It even tells you houses that have come down in price. I won't really look until this house is in the market. We shall see what 2013 brings.

Speaking of 2013. . . I hope it is a much better year. I feel like 2012 was a despicable year. . . just so much that happened that was awful. It was a hard year, and a year tha tI am happy to say goodbye to. Here's to 2013, may it be the year of peace and healing.

Kristin

Hi,

I did S&G today. I realized that if I get my workouts tomorrow (mail comes around 5PM) I'll be at my in-laws cooking fish for New Year's Eve:(. Now you all have me interested in the book & rotations LOL.

So the dog started chewing 2 of our remotes. They are intact but one of the buttons don't work. It was my idea to let the dog roam when we weren't around:rolleyes:

Belinda - You were probably so excited with the new DVD's, I'm sure the weight workouts will work for you after STS.

Lori - Awesome workouts!! I thought DD was going to finish up school for a year before she moved with you? It sounds like it worked out better though.

Kristin - I liked your thoughts about 2012 & 2013:) Wow it's amazing how technology is used even with real estate.

Cookie - The wedding sounded like fun, imagine the wedding pics with everyone so casual LOL. I think I forgot how much work a dog is. TG DH & DS take it out because it is so cold here.

Morning girls,

Im up early to down some coffee then workout before the work day begins.

I can't believe my last login was 5 days ago:confused: Sorry about that:eek: Christmas was good, the kids got what they wanted so thats all that matters.

My Christmas present is coming shortly...Xtrain:eek: yay, so excited to start this series! It looks challenging but thats what I need right now.

I've got a lot to catch up with on this thread so after my workout I will bb:)

Hello everyone! Xtrain arrived today!!!!! I love the book that comes along with it. I have been "studying" it since it arrived. Very colorful, a lot of explanation. I love how the four different rotations are in the book. I am going to go for the 90 rotation. I will start it on Sunday, not Monday. I always need at least one rest day during the work week. If I start on Sunday, then I can take Wednesday or Thursday off, and not feel behind. Anyway. . . I grabbed Super Cuts. It is Super fantastic! Great metabolic workout, and fast too. You never repeat an exercise, which I love. That is the one thing I don't like about AB, I dread repeating the exercises and then I find that I don't go "all out" because I know another round is coming. With this it is one round of everything, so you might as well give it everything you've got ;)

I have a ton of laundry to fold. My two DSs are with my dad, which allowed me to do my workout early today. Tonight we are going to stay in and hopefully ring in the new year before we fall asleep. My older DS is really excited to stay up. . we shall see if he makes it, he he.

Amelia- did you get Xtrain today? My mailman comes early, 10 a.m. I love it. My order number was 106,??? so if your number was before or around that you should be getting yours today too!

Deb- I have to tell you I am addicted to this real estate app, lol. It really is amazing. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you get your Xtrain today too!

Waving hello to Belinda, Lori and Cookie!

Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.