Commit to Get Fit for July!!!

jnka825

Cathlete
Hello ladies. I just finished TTM. I did the premix that skips the compound legs because my legs are fried by that point, and I plan on doing weights tomorrow. It is cooler out, but still very humid and I was sweating as if I was in a steam room! Jessica ended up not coming out today. The rain cancelled our plans, but she is coming out on Sunday. I will be back later.

Deb-Jessica saw the house a few weeks ago when we first moved in. I love having people come to see it though. When we went out the other night, it was the first time our babysitter saw the house and I gave her the grand tour, lol.

Cookie- I am always so focused on getting cardio and weights. I always think Yoga is not a real workout until I do it. I have nice DOMs in my shoulders and low back today from YM. I really do have to commit to doing it at least once a week.

Okay, off to shower.

Kristin

Hi,

I was thinking I should come by and start the new July thread, Belinda is so good at starting us up . . . thanks Kristin:)

I did High Reps today. It was so humid today but my hair held up;) I needed to go to the food store to find basil to plant I hope it takes. There was a tornado today about 20 min. from our house . . . the weather is crazy lately.

Kristin - It must be so much fun to give tours of your new house. How are the new tenants? Great workout! It's good that Jessica could change dates.

Waves hi to everyone

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Deb, thanks for starting us off yesterday. I didn't even think of it! A tornado is scary. Is everything alright? It's raining again... Are you going to try the basil inside or out?
Kristin, I'm sure everyone loves the grand tour. At least, I know I would. That's how I think of yoga too but am trying to change my mindset. I didn't have any doms after ym but then again it may have helped stretch me out from the prior day's wt wo so perhaps that offset doms? Does that make sense? I'm a dripping fool sitting here typing this, but I'm too hot to take a shower. Did tb wts again and a bit of running on the rebounder. Any special plans for the fourth?
Waves hi to everyone.
Cookie

Evening ladies. I just finished Legs and Glutes. I have to admit I think I've only done this workout once or twice before (I used KPC much more). This is such a great leg workout. I plan on using it once a week for this month to see if I getter better definition in my quads. Didn't do much today. I just mopped the floors, cleaned and straightened up. I watched The Help for the first time. It was a great movie. DH and I also rented Identity Thief last night and thought it was very funny.

Tomorrow I am going to go do some shopping for the house and then I am making some desserts for the 4th. We are going to our friends' house for a BBQ and then there is a free concert right by us by a band called Big Shot. They are a Billy Joel tribute band. They are playing at Bald Hill, which will have fireworks after the show. Cannot go wrong there!

Cookie- that does make sense with the yoga. I always feel that my back feels better after doing it too. Maybe it really does get the stress out and that helps with the tightness. I read something online today that some parents in some school district in a different state (cannot remember now) were protesting yoga being taught in gym class because it is a religious practice :confused:. It went to the courts. The courts ruled that although it is practiced in some religions, it was being taught in the school in a secular way/format and therefore was not religious teachings. Can you believe that? Some people are truly ignorant.

Deb- the new tenants are good. . . I think. The rent is due on the 5th or else there is a late fee and they haven't paid yet. :confused: I'm getting anxious about it, but DH keeps saying most people pay on the exact day it is due before the late fee. I know I have done this a few times, but still. . . I would have liked it if they paid on the 1st. Time will tell.

Kristin

Hi,

I didn't get a spot in spin class today . . . thought it would be empty but the weather may be a factor with so many people working out indoors. I did the step maching which gives me DOMS immediately.

Strangely the stores weren't busy, thought everyone would try & cool off. I'm taking off tomorrow because it's such a heavy travel day. We'll be spending the 4th at my in-laws.

Kristin - You reminded me I need to pick up some ingredients for the dessert I am making (my SIL requested Death by Chocolate). After a couple of months you'll know the new tenants pattern for paying. I like L&G but forget to pull it out too! It's weird that yoga would be considered religious but I get how someone could see it like that but even so it would be up to the individual to perceive it that way.

Cookie - It was Kristin who started us off, I just thought about it LOL. The tornado didn't harm any houses just trees & utility poles. I'm planting basil outside it does really well this time of year. Do you plant anything?

'Morning!
Kristin, thanks for starting us off this month. I loved The Help!!! When I was reading the book, I had about 90 pages to finish so I think it played on my mind and I woke up early to try to finish it but didn't, and the story stayed with me all day wondering what would happen, and esp. what was the terrible, awful. So I couldn't wait to see the movie. Wish I could find a book to deep dive into like that one. Melissa McCarthy is so funny. Ok, bad confession, but we hardly ever pay bills early. Actually an accountant had told us we were only giving the interest on money away and it doesn't affect credit rating, so we don't. I think people sometimes just don't want to know about things b/c then it might cause them to question somethings about themselves.
Deb, it is surprising people would be spinning. This weather is tropical. Yesterday I was on the Northway and the skies just opened up with such heavy rain, cars were pulled over. I have never seen that on a major highway. We planted tomatoes, which I think are now drowned, cucumbers, and some basil. Not too much this year since I'm quite busy this summer and can't help. My dh used to have a garden a little over an acre in size. Death by Chocolate!!! Love it.
Yoga this morning so I'm all feeling righteous. Hoping to get a walk in this evening if it isn't raining...
Going to one of my sisters tomorrow and then supposed to take my mother to see fireworks. She loves them.
Cookie

Hi,

The yoga teacher was on vacation so decided to do legs at the gym, which I haven't done in a long time. I did a combo of machines & some Cathe leg exercises. I did about 20 min. of Yogamax just to help stretch my legs.

Cookie - Your right about the weather being tropical. I was happy to be in the gym when the skies opened up today. Sorry you were on the highway because that must have been scary:( It sounds like you have a fun day planned with your sister & Mom.

Kristin - Just did a taste test on the dessert I'm making for tomorrow . . . really want to go back for 2nd's:eek:

Waves hi to everyone

'Morning!
Kristin, do your boys like fireworks? I remember my brothers loved them but for some reason my boys didn't care too much about them. Hmm, guess they would have had to stand/sit still. Just thought of that!
Deb, have you thought of doing yoga at home? Just curious. I was thinking if I keep up with the yoga, I might end up ordering the Ultimate Yogi series. Not now, though, I'm constantly hearing a little voice in my head saying "tuition, tuition, vacation, and tuition." Then the devil side of my starts thinking of other possible uses for money.
Have a tb wt workout on tap for today and probably some walking. My sister who is 43 decided to change careers so it will be interesting to hear how her first week went. She used to teach preschool and kindergarten and now works in human resources.
Happy Fourth!
Cookie

Hey everyone. Happy Fourth of July!!! We are going to a BBQ and then tonight we are going to the concert. Yesterday my parents asked us to come over for today. My sister and her family are going there. I was relieved that we already had plans. I really want to have fun today. . . no drama.

DS and I are going to make cupcakes for the BBQ and then we will get out of here. My workout for today was Supercuts. It is soooooo humid. I had the windows open but I was dripping from head to toe. I am not going to feel any guilt having a few drinks and a dessert today, lol.

Cookie- my boys do not like how loud the fireworks are. . . they are little chickens. Last night people in the neighborhood were lighting up fireworks and both of them were in bed calling for me, lol. Mind you they are not babies anymore, one is going to be 8 next month and the other little guy is 5.

Deb- I have such a sweet tooth, if I take a taste, I take seconds too, lol.

BB tomorrow!

Kristin

Happy 4th Girls!!

Hopes its a great one. Were heading out the door now to eat with my family at a local restaurant.

I apologize for being so bad here lately at checking in. But I'm still getting those workouts in. I joined a gym down the street and really like it. I start with a personal trainer Monday...hoping she will whip my butt so hard that this extra weight falls off ;)

Btw- My favorite piece of equipment there so far is the leg press, LOVE THIS MACHINE:eek:

Laters...

Happy 4th of July!!!

I always get a little sad on the 4th because the summer seems to fly by. We went to my in-laws today & they catered so it was a nice & easy day. I came home & did BS shoulders. I was in so much pain from legs yesterday, I had trouble sitting:eek:

My nephew is getting married in October & lives in Tennessee. It is exciting because we are going, I planned our trip for us & my in-laws so we can look after them. DH is not happy that a bunch of us will be traveling on the same flight in case anything happens.

Belinda - How is your trip?

Kristin - This year seems to have so many humid days in a row:( You won't need to exercise you'll be sweating the weight off. I hope you had a fun day!

Cookie - If the yoga instructor leaves I would do it at home. I just like that the 1st half of her class is cardio-based. I almost bought Ultimate Yogi when it was on sale at Deep Discount it was a good price will wait until it is on sale again. That is a complete change for your sister.

Amelia - My favorite machine is the leg extension. I do like the leg press too.

Hi,

Everyone must be still celebrating. I took a yoga class & BS bi's today. We stopped by my in-laws to go in the pool to beat the heat:cool:

Enjoy the long weekend:)

Hey guys. The fourth of July was a lot of fun. I ate a lot of good-tasting food, lol. The fireworks were amazing. We got home late and because it was so hot, the boys slept in our bedroom for the A/C. Yesterday I was tired and it was so hot in the house. I did manage to workout though. I did a little bit of All Out, the premix with the floor and ab work. Then I did my own upper body workout using 15# and 5# weights. I have nice DOMS in the upper body, especially my back, so I think it worked out for me.

Today I am thinking of doing Xtrain legs. Too hot for cardio. Then we are going to a graduation party.

Deb- I went to my parents' pool today too, lol. I miss having a pool. Next year we are definitely putting one in! The wedding trip sounds exciting. I've never been to Tennessee. I would like to visit Graceland one day, believe it or not. I am a huge closet Elvis fan.

Amelia- very exciting to get a personal trainer. I think they are great to keep a person motivated and push us beyond our comfort zone.

Waving hello to Belinda and Cookie!

Kristin

Hi ladies,

Since it is quiet this weekend on the thread I wanted to send a short recap to Cookie about her upcoming trip out West.

Hi Cookie,

Since it was about 15 years ago not sure if things are still the same at Yellowstone (& my memory). When we went there wasn't any TVs, internet or air conditioning. I will try my best to give you a recap, I did find searching for must-sees & tips very helpful & true.

We arrived in Salt Lake City but because of the boys ages we didn't do anything there but sleep & actually was up with one of the boys who was sick to his stomach from the flight:)

We drove to Jackson Hole (my ex neighbors daughter just moved after graduation & loves it there). Prior to us leaving for the trip we heard that the wildfires were very bad in Yellowstone & would need to check to see if we could go thru the South entrance if not we would need to drive an additional 3 hours. We really enjoyed the town of Jackson Hole & the Grand Tetons. We did a float trip (somewhat long), trails along Jenny Lake & enjoyed huckleberry ice cream (throughout the trip we ate lots of things with huckleberry:)). We only allowed 2 days at the Grand Tetons (wished we had extra time) & we were nervous about the wildfires on our last day there.

We were lucky & able to go through the South entrance but that could have changed even as we approached the gates. We stayed at Grant Village & could see all the wildfires around us. It was late when we arrived & so tired but we didn't sleep much that night because of the smoke from the fires. It was so hot, windows needed to be kept shut & no air conditioners. We decided to check-out the next day & stay near Old Faithful an extra day. The rest of the areas of Yellowstone was just beautiful, we hiked & saw so many hot springs & geysers. We saw waterfalls at Canyon Area & the Monmouth area was much quieter & less crowded but a really beautiful small town.

We stopped at little general stores (lots of them) & they had healthy snacks & drinks you could pick-up. At the time there wasn't any fast food/commercial places around. We also did a horseback riding to a BBQ which was fun but scary going through the mountains. We ate a picnic lunch at a picnic area & there were so many signs warning of Grizzly Bears:eek: we didn't see any LOL. We did see lots of buffalo & eagles but did not see any elk or moose.

Afterwards we drive out of the Northeast entrance to Cody & went to a rodeo which was fun. We stopped at another town (can't remember which one) but decided to drive straight to Deadwood which was a fun town. We ate at Kevin Costner's restaurant. Our last stop was Mt. Rushmore, we enjoyed it. We went to see Crazy Horse (which was still being built) but at that point we were done with sightseeing. We went to a hotel & flew out the next day.

You & DH will have a great trip!

Hi,

Not sure if I will get a workout in today hope to finish up BS tri's. We went to my in-laws pool the weather is tough!

Kristin - Your becoming quite the party girl;) Kudos on getting your workouts done in this heat. Did your old house have air conditioner?

Waves hi to everyone:)

'Morning!
Deb, thanks so much for the recap of your trip. I'm so excited, in two weeks's I'll be there! Your route sounds like ours; of course, I'm hoping to avoid any sickness. DH had mentioned a rafting trip, so thanks for reminding me to ask him if he did more than ask me if I was interested. I've spent so much time looking at maps, I can totally picture where the places are you mentioned. On my list of things to do today is to make reservations for the Minneapolis area. That's where DH will only stay one night before flying home, and I go to a course. Started my packing list. This is like a dream come true for me to see this area. Originally, it was b/c I wanted to go to this course, and then it evolved from there. Now I'm working like crazy to pay for it.
Is the cardio portion before the yoga a fusion-type? I'm loving yoga lately. It's really helping me to not feel tight and reducing the tension I hold in my neck and shoulders. Today's the last day for Mary's sale, and I've been thinking about Ultimate Yogi. Only thinking since I need to save the money for the trip and dd's upcoming tuition.
Are you going to be able to do any sightseeing in TN? I was surprised by how humid it can get there. Beautiful area. Is this the relative you mentioned before in connection with your son? Seems like you have a lot of responsibility with your inlaws. They are so fortunate to have you.
Kristin, we have no airconditioning either, and so I didn't work out on Friday and really cut back on Thursday. I feel like such a slacker but was sweating just breathing. I did get in some yoga tho b/c I could pick a slower pace one. We watched the fireworks from NYC on tv. We could hear works being done by some neighbors which confused the dogs b/c they couldn't figure out how the sound was coming from different directions.
Amelia, congratulations on the gym and personal trainer! That's awesome. I'm jealous. Having someone to hold me accountable works really well for me. Our group certainly helps, but then when I don't get a workout in, I feel guilty checking in.
Ok, doing a short yoga wo. Then walking with a friend at 8. Have a huge end-of-year report that I've put off, so that's the focus of the rest of my day. Hate doing paperwork so much, I cleaned the whole house top to bottom on Friday and got rid of a lot of paper. Filled six recycling containers. If only I could claim that as weight loss, but it feels like a lot off my mind.
Off to yoga, walk and paperwork.
Cookie

Hello ladies. I just did Cardio Core Circuit before dinner. I did the express circuit premix. Holy cow is that a tough workout. I don't think I could have done the whole thing, especially in this humidity.

We spent the day at my parents' house in their pool and then came home for dinner. My DH and dad were talking about how hot the house is with only having the A/C in our bedroom. My dad suggested getting an industrial fan that will push the hot air out of the house. I thought that was ridiculous, but DH and my dad went to Home Depot and got one. I have to say, it is working. The house is cooler and it is not suffocating on the first floor anymore. My dad is a genius sometimes, I swear.

Deb- we had one A/C in the old house. We put it in the living room. It was only 12,000 BTUs but it cooled off the entire house. With the nice, big house, we would need a huge A/C downstairs and two more A/C's in the upstairs bedrooms and even that wouldn't do the trick. We cannot afford central air, so thankfully the fan is helping a bit.

Cookie- good luck with the report. I hope you finished and got to enjoy some of the day.

BB tomorrow. I originally thought I would do Tabatacise tomorrow. Not sure if I will stick with that one or not. It might be too much after CCC today.

Kristin

Hi,

Today I decided to go to the gym to do the step machine. I needed to get out of the house & workout. It was nice & quiet at the gym. I walked in about 40 min. before closing and another guy did at the same time & asked why I was there so late, was thinking you are too:confused: LOL

Kristin - I'm sure your electric bill would be real high with central air, great idea your Dad thought of. I wish we could go to Memphis but it is about 3 hours from Nashville, putting it on my bucket list;) The CCC premix sounds interesting.

Cookie - Deep Discount had Ultimate Yogi on sale a few weeks ago for about $58.00 :mad: I didn't get it so I am going to wait. Not sure if I would consider the yoga in the gym fusion but there is a point in the workouts she moves very quickly thru poses & each class she switches up the workouts. When we were on the float trip, my younger ds was hanging over the raft & started jumping around we thought a fish bit him but 2 bees went up his pant leg & stung him:eek: We hope to go to the town of Nashville to look around. It is my nephew connected to my son.

'Morning!
Kristin, wow, that's fantastic the fan works so well. My mom lives on the second floor of an old house w/o ac, and she refuses to let us or the landlord to put one in. I have no idea why she is so stubborn, but it makes this heat and humidity make me worry about her. She has a few fans but they're not industrial! Have you had rain and thunderstorms every day? Tabatacise would be too much for me after cc!
Deb, that's funny about your poor son. I'm sure he wasn't laughing at the time tho. A good instructor can make such a difference. People say the strangest things sometimes, or was he trying to chat you up?
Total body wo this morning, and boy is it humid already! Meeting, dentist appointment, meetings, what an exciting life!
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.