Commit to Get Fit and Lean May 10th!!!

jnka825

Cathlete
Morning :). I didn't see a new thread for today, and I figured I would start us off. I almost posted in yesterday's thread before I realized it, lol.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! Yesterday was crazy around here, but I did get in a workout. Last night's workout was Butts and Guts. The legs were shaking during those walking lunges and the floor work (it was my first time using ankle weights for that and boy does it make a difference). Today we have another tee-ball game. The season is halfway over after today's game. It is going by so fast. Before you know it, June will be here. That is the birthday month around here. My sister, then my youngest, then my cousin, me, then my brother, all in one month, lol. Plus Father's Day, June is expensive, lol.

Iris- Good for you on doing another show! This one is closer than the last as far as how much time you have to prep, right? Then again, being as though the last show wasn't that long ago, you are probably in near perfect shape ;). Best part about it you will be BEYOND bikini ready afterwards, just in time for the summer season ;).

Lori- I hope you get to enjoy your time off with some nice weather and relaxation :).

Melissa- Wow, you are in the homestretch now and halfway through after today, right? Good luck with all your finals. With all the studying you do, I am sure you will ace everything ;)

Amelia- so sorry to hear about your MIL. ((((HUGS))))) Hang in there!

Deb- DId you take that spin class to get ready for an audition, ;). When I saw that announcement, I thought it would be so cool to try out. Then I remembered I have only taken one spin class my entire life, lol.

Okay, I am off to get ready for another day at work.

BBL,
Kristin

Good Morning:)

I woke up at 7:30, even though I didn't go to bed until 1:30:confused:. I am sure I will do enough today to keep me awake. I think I am going to start off with stupid house work;) And I will probably get some kind of workout in early this morning and then run this afternoon is the plan.

Deb** Maybe they thought that running into stuff was o.k...but leaving cell phones on wasn't;) I wouldn't worry to much about it if I were you. Next time answer it and talk really loud! LOL

Kristin** Thanks for starting us off. I know what you mean about June month!!! Its DH's b-day, my nieces and nephews b-day (their twins), fathers day, my SIL b-day....I think there is something else thrown in there as well. I always found June to be a tough month on the presents for some reason.

Ok....I don't think I have anything else to say. Im sure I could ramble on and on for hours....but I will save you all!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies

Lets just start off with ttom came yesterday....:confused:. I had no idea really when , I just knew it would come back at some point. *sigh*. So today is supposed to be CSF Legs and cardio. I might just go for a walk with my ipod outside. It is gorgeous and I just want to clear my head.

My interview was really really short. :confused: This places was rittzzyyyy.....btw. The shifts they were looking for weren't conducive to what I was looking for. So be it. BUT...her best friend owns a bar in my hometown (right near my parents), and they are having a hard time looking for a bartender than can work every Sat. night and every other Sunday (ummm...hello....that would be me!), AND that's well versed in "otb"... since the bar is right next to an otb. FML. The "dump" haunts me still...BUT,it's definitely a better environment than where I was!! So the interviewer at the ritzy hotel said she'd be morethan happy to pass the resume on! I was VERY appreciative of that, and to me? It was NOT a wasted interview. You just never know....... It was funny, because she said to me "It's so hard to find a bartender that has so much experience AND is well versed in off track betting"...*sigh* I know. lol

I need to geta move on!! I'll bbl for personals!! Honestly, I don't have anything but one client and two bootcamps, so I'm getting work/home stuff SORTED out. I will be back!

Ok I'm back

Did CSF Legs (home workout) and PLB Floorwork. My hamstrings and glutes are absolutely fried. :eek: I am getting a head start on getting this rear LIFTED. lol.

Lori- Dang, you're all over the place with work! But you're right, it will pay off. So you have two weeks off in a row? So I'm definitely like you, get all excited, make a huge move to do something, and then wonder wth am I doing...LOL. But then it's too late!

Kristin- Wow, halfway through the season already! I forget it's not a "true" baseball season...LOL! Yeah what's nice about doing this show is Im' not starting from scratch! ;)

Melissa- I have a nasty one on my face too...lol. It's definitely hormones! And stress! I'm sure it'll clear up after your finals!!! That's awesome that it's almost over. So then what?

Amelia- So sorry to hear about your MIL. (((Hugs))) I know your DH's family has been through a lot.

Deb- lmao @ you still dwelling on the yoga class. Now I'd go into yoga class and knock over steps and see if anyone said anything...hehe.

Ok ladies..have a wonderful day!

Good morning,

I haven't been online at all, too stress out to post. My house is a total mess:( all I been doing is cleaning since I am in the states:(:( I been here a week almost, haven't been shopping or had any fun. I don't think I ever been that stressed out since I am here. I haven't workout since last week. After I have my coffee I WILL WORK OUT! I NEED IT!

And NO I am not sleeping, just was to tired to get my laptop, which is unsually for me:p to make things worst, I have a sinus/earinfection. Can't hardly breath through my nose.

Amelia - (((HUGS)) my thougts and prayers are with your MIL!

Big Hallo's to everyone! BBL!

Morning Ladies,

Happy belated mother's day to all the mommies! I've been MIA...again! LOL! I did something funky to my back last thursday (not during a wo) and I think I had muscle spasms. They started to go away on Saturday but came back yesterday morning during my STS leg wo, so I stayed home. Feeling better today (even got in a little time on the elliptical) but scheduled a visit to the Dr & PT this morning. I don't think it is anything serious, but it's having an impact on my wos so I'm ready for it to be gone already:eek:!!

Kristin - Tee-ball is going fast! Do you think you will coach another season? Your June sounds like our April..birthdays allover the place! I miss B&G...it's been too long since I've had my butt kicked by that one.

Iris - Sounds like the bartending thing might work out. How soon are you looking to leave the gym? When I saw the tryouts for spinning, I thougt about you:D. Think you'll give it a try? I've only taken one spin class and the instructor (from what I was told) was the easiest one at the gym:confused:. I made it all the way through, but I can only imagine the hurtin' that Cathe will put on us.

Belinda - Get your workout on girl!! I can tell...you need it. Hope the clean-a-thon is over soon and you're feeling better, too.

Melissa - ^5s on your last week of school! I know that has to feel good...as does fitting into those clothes that didn't fit last year...I've got a pair of shorts that I am targetting. I'm not there yet, but I'm still working on it.

Amelia - So sorry to hear about your MIL. One of the girls in my bookclub is going through something similar with her mom in and out of the hospital for several months. She signed a do-not-resuscitate on friday. It is very sad. (((HUGS))) to you and your family. Work out when you can to help manage the stress.

Deb - I miss my pilates class. That's really the only thing I miss about the gym. Oh, and the 40 minute ab class...that was kill-errrr!! So, are you trying out for the spin video?? I want to, but probably have a snowball's chance in hell since I've only done it once.

Helene - Not sure when you are back...if you're lurking, hello:)

Cookie - Hope you had a great mother's day. What are you up to? Did you decide to give the M&F rotaiton a go?

Getting ready for PT. BBL.

Thought I'd pop in to say hello. I just finished my house work and now I will go look through my dvds. I am thinking about slo mo....but its kinda long. I hate when workouts take forever to do.

Iris** No interview is ever a waste of time. If anything it gives you experience for the next one. I am sure you will get that other job. And I hope that you soon meet prince charming!!!;)

Belinda** Sorry to hear you have been busy cleaning but I am sure there is a end in sight. NOW..get that workout done!

Helene** Hope your back is o.k!!!

I will bbl to report!

Good morning!!! Today will be a rest day for me. I just took my biology final and I think I did pretty well. Tomorrow is chemistry and then I am DONE for 6 weeks, yay!!!!! We missed a physics lab because of the snow so my prof is making us come in tonight to make it up which I am NOT happy about!!!! Ugh, can't wait for it to be over lol.

Amelia, OMG I am SO sorry to hear about your MIL!! That is awful! I will keep her and your family in my prayers.

Deb, LOL @ the chick knocking the steps down. That sounds like someone I would do!

Kristin, wow I can't believe the season is 1/2 way over already! This year def is flying. LOL @ the spin audition. I was thinking the same thing and same here, I think I've taken 1 or 2 spin classes in my life. Can't hurt to give it a whirl though, could you imagine?!

Lori, hope you get some energy today! At least with everything you have going on, you will have no problem sleeping tonight :)

Iris, LMAO!!! The dump is baaaack! Well at least something good came out of it. The plan for the next 6 weeks is tastings and relaxing!!! I also need to study for the GRE but I'm not too worried about that and I'd like for the damn hospital to call me back so I can get some observation hours in!! Ugh, they are so frustrating!!!

Belinda, oh no!!!! Stress is definitely going around. You will be able to have some fun soon enough. Hang in there!!

Trish, we must have posted at the same time. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I have a pair of shorts I still need to get into before Vegas! I'm not a big fan of shorts but I'm even less of a fan of swamp a$$ ;)

Just got back from a 15 km run. The temps are still weird. Depending on which direction I run in, I could be warm or cold. I decided to wear a long sleeve shirt and shorts and I am glad I did b/c on the way home I was in the wind. I also did Disc 13 earlier.

Melissa** You must be getting excited...a break is near!!! Im excited for you! LOL I always sleep well. I think there would have to be a major catastrophe in order for this gal not to sleep.

Alright...enjoy the rest of your day ladies. I have to go pick up DS and then I have 2 training sessions tonight. Never ends....

The PT went pretty well this morning. As suspected, there were several muscle spasms. I got a few trigger point shots and about a 20 min massage plus heat. The therapist was pretty rough so I'm a bit sore, but I don't mind. I'm over this already.

Melissa - you had me LOL at swamp a$$!!! That is hilarious! Nice job on the bio final;)

Lori - Nice wo today! I see you are eating your wheaties!!

I'm on the train headed home. Thank God, because I am beat.

I finally got a workout in, only did like 25-30 min:( I started getting so sick through my stomach, I had to stop. I thought I was gonna pass out, had to sit down. Not sure, what this was about. I do have a bad sinus headache since this morning, thought it would go away with the workout.

I been cleaning and throwing stuff out since this morning. We have the movers/packers here Monday, we don't have a lot of time. There were problems with the movers, they didn't wanted to pack my antiks in carboard or put it in grates:eek::rolleyes: WTH! My stuff will go in storage for a few month or up to a year. I told my husband I will not have those movers pack my stuff, I will find a moving company that will do what I ask them to do. It's my stuff! So transprtation (here on base) found us a new moving company after hours of arguing on the phone. I told my husband my suff will not leave the house until I feel compfy and they doing the right thing. We also have the painters and get the yard done. I will take a cleaning ladies after all that, I refuse to clean after the painters. I am excusted.

Thanks for all your kind words!

I will try to be back later!

Evening!
Sorry i didn't post last night, but the stupid internet satellite wasn't working.
Kristen, wow the season went by fast. B&G is so good. Haven't done it in a while and now I'm thinking I need to pull it out.
Amelia, sorry to hear about your mil. That's so hard. How is your dh taking it?Sorry I forgot to answer about books I'm reading. Quite a mishmash right now: Imperial Cruise - great nonfiction about TRoosevelt and Asia and how we're stil dealing with the consequences of those actions; I Feel Bad About My Neck (a series of short essays on being female); The Metabolic Effect Diet (this is the one I should be studying), and Moonwalking with Einstein (how to improve one's memory - I need this one also). Have you got any to suggest?
Iris, you are gonna really rock this comp! Good for you. Sorry that interview didn't work out as you intended.
Lori, that's strange that I was thinking of slo mo yesterday morning but couldn't remember how long it was so didn't do it. Can't even remember last time I did it.
Do you like it?
Deb, two workouts again?!! You must be sleeping good. You should try out for the spin dvd.
Melissa, glad you're almost at break. Now that the semester is almost over, was it hard to go from working to being a student?
Trish, glad you say a dr and pt for your back. We you affected by the train problems near Hoboken? I'm trying to do something similar to the one in this month's M&R.
Belinda, talk about stress - moving and sinuses. Amazed you were able to get a workout in. How are your dogs adjusting to all the moves?
Did ccc this morning.
Cookie

Hi girls,

Hmm, a spin tryout . . . not sure if I have the b*lls but it might be fun to try:confused: I missed that on the blog, thanks! Today work was busy so I only did 20 min. on the TM. I have so much catching up to do and still have to pack but it's not Friday yet anyway:eek: (the day I leave) LOL.

Kristin - Wow, t-ball is almost over and you survived and had fun too:) You must be counting the days till summer vacation.

Iris - It's crazy how things play out like that, it was meant to be. More $$$ for you shows:)

Belinda - All that cleaning has to count for double/triple workouts:) Take it easy.

Melissa - Your almost there, great job with the bio test . . . good luck with chemistry tomorrow.

Lori - So your running with the wind, I bet your time is better when you run with the wind and not against it:) It must be warming up by you by now:confused: I thought you said you could get snow in May?

Trish - Good thing you took care of your back fast. The ellipitical is a good go to machine.

Cookie - I did 2 w/o's on Monday because from here on in it's hit or miss. Do you lose TV too when your satellite goes out?

Amelia - How's your MIL?

Helene - Are you back yet?

Goodnight:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.