Commit to get fit and lean for Mon Feb 18th 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

today I will do BFL UB! I will be back later to report my workout!

Have a great workout and day!
Belinda

Good Morning!

That alarm went off waaaay to early! Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and look to see how much sleep time I have left. I didn't even do that last night so you know I was quit amazed when this awful music starting comming out of the alarm clock! LOL But thats it, if i want to get a workout in I have to get started early!

Im going to try and do GS C&T and a 6 mile run. Im not 100% sure I will have the time. I may be able to get a 5 mile run in though.If I start in 10 mins that will give me time to do a 90 mins workout.
I also checked out Sparkpeople again last night.Im gonna start journaling there again I think.
And I took a rest day yesterday! Felt good to be lazy although you can only be so lazy with a baby in the house!

Belinda** Have a good workout!

I will check back in when I get to work!
Lori
:)

Ugh...so irritated! When I came to work today my co-worker told me that the girl who wants to switch shifts with me said that it was a done deal...and that she was moving over to his side of the schedule! I never told anyone that I could move! Im soooo rotted! You would not beleive how irritated I am! I feel like calling her and asking her where she got her info from? I don't know who told her this.

Belinda** Good job on the workout! I did see the blog! Hot men everywhere! Whoo-Hoooo! LOL

My workout went as planned today. It felt good! I did GS C&T, using 25 lbs db's for presses and 20 lbs for flyes. I remember when I use to use 12 lbs and 15 lbs! Then for tri's I used a little heavier then Cathe. I then did a strong 5 mile run on the TM. COuld have went longer but I pushed it as long as I could. Tonight, if I have the energy, I may do GS B,S&B to have it over with for the week! We will see how I feel when I get off of work.

Cheryl** I forgot to mention, I already own the Pyramid videos, my sister is sending them to me on DVD. I haven't done them lately b/c they are on VHS and I am looking forward to doing them again. I would also like to have the weight work from CTX as well..I don't want the cardio, just the weight work. I have that one on VHS also but never get to do it.

Todays meals are as planned...going to try to tigthen things up over the next 6 weeks.
B-Oatmeal/1/2 banana & 1 tsp brown sugar
L-WW english muffin, cheese slice, 1 egg,1 white/ lf yogurt
S-Protein bar
D-Chili made with lean meat,small roll/ pineapple and cataloupe

Lots of H2O as well.
My rotation for the next 6 weeks along with eating clean will look like this:

M-UB heavy weights/ cardio
T-Cardio and abs
W-Full body weights + cardio
T-Cardio and abs
F-Full body weights + cardio
S-Cardio and Abs
S-Off

BBL!
Lori:)

Good morning!

Got a nice elliptical interval workout in last night and it felt great to get some cardio in. Today I will do some more cardio on the elliptical and the UB from BSBF (the add on bands workout).

Belinda, great job on your workout today!! Have a great day:)

Lori, UGH about your work situation!!!! Can you request a meeting with your boss to get everything straightened out? Sounds like people are making assumptions without checking with you! Hope things get resolved for you. Have a good run on the TM and glad you got some rest in yesterday.

Hi to the rest of the crew! Have a great Monday. Did you all check out the new blog photos? Wow! STS is going to be quite the program, I'll be interested to see the final product.

Okay, better get my little baby up he's crying for me and get some coffee:)

I'll try to check back in later.

Stacey

Good Morning Ladies-another early day for me again! I hope I don't crash at work tonight. Oh well, I will just drink more caffeine!

Yesterday I ended up doing 4DSBC and AbRipperX with my SIL. Per the Lean rotation we were supposed to do Cardio X, but we thought BC was more fun and we loved it. I think I convinced my SIL to do a marathon with me in Chicago this FALL. So anyway, today's workout is Shoulders/Biceps/Tricpeps and a segment of CoreMax, probably #1. My calves are sore from this weekends workouts! I am planning on trying to add in 4-5 days of cardio untill the weather breaks, and I can finally run outside. I am dying here~

Stacey-so glad to hear you are on the mend! And congrats on the weight loss--the ONLY good thing about being sick. I haven't checked out the blog yet, but will be heading there shortly. Ryan is 11mths on Feb 24th, how did it go by so fast? Sad. It's great to mix things up with p90x- now that I have the first rotation out of the way. I keep the basic formula but sub when i want/need to.

Kristine-yay to us on doing all BM2! Don't you feel so accomplished? Now if we were Lori we would have tacked on a 5 mile run and all the Gym Styles and called it a rest day.
:7 :7 :7 JK-Lori--I have to tease you!

Lainie-I think that the reason for the weight gain is with your injuries and illness. Your body just wants to heal itself. When you get back to your regular workouts, I am sure things will get better.It's frustrating though. How consistent are you with weightlifting and ab work? How is your Lent going? I haven't bought anything for myself yet, it's getting easier. I am also tithing too with my $.

Lori-How nice to have your workout done! Your rotation looks great. Nice plan.

Cheryl-what did you decide on yesterday?

Belinda-I am running out to check blog now! Everyone keeps talking about it.

Carrie

Morning ladies,AWWWW nothing like coffee

Im kinda late this morning! I slept in since nobody has to be up early. DD is out of school today(presidents day) and dh goes in at eleven.

My mom is suppose to take the kids today but thats what I heard all weekend. I don't call her and ask,she's the one that brings it up! Ive noticed(AND hate to saybut)that she has favored my DD or ds,I know ds is a handul but-grandmothers(or parents for that matter)aren't suppose to show favoritism!! For instance-she always asking when can 'punka'(dd nickname,LOL)come spend the night by herself? I ask what about chunky butt(ds nickname,lol)her excuse is that there is nowhere for him to sleep(and when he sleeps with her and my dad dalton kicks and moves around too much) ! Well,hes two-if she really wanted him to come over and spend the night-she would had gotten him his own bed...thats the way I see it! When punka was born she had a bassinet,then a crib over there-my mom made sure she was spending the night atleast once a week!??

It just irritates me that she doesn't make time for him :-( ! She once told me(not too long ago) that dalton has nothing to do with her when he's over there and stays with his pal-pal and his uncle's.

anyhoot,why waste time thinking about it-can't change people...right?

todays workout is going to be gs legs-and I may regret saying that when im done,LOL-first time doing it!;-)

Lori-have you talked to your boss about it yet? I think I would go to him and ask WTH is going on??(well,you know what I mean;-)) Great workout today! Your rotation looks great-looks intense too!

Belinda-I did read over yesterdays thread and i will do pyramid ub on wed....thanks for the advice! awesome job on your workout today!Have you heard from Mary? I hope she is doing ok!

Cheryl-i LOVE doing those HIIT on the tm-although i do miss cathe-I may pull out imax2 on one day,just to mix things up a bit!

Lainie-Im loving bfl-it has broke my 9mnth plateou so anything that would do that-and still allow a cheat day...im digging it;-) since you dont' have to lose alot of weigth,i think you would love it too-i can see my muscle/body changing right before my eyes!

Stacey-yay on the workout last night! Your back with a full force girl;-) I haven't checked out the blog yet-i didn't get a chance to order sts,but i will still check out to see what i'am missing,lol!

Hey to Carrie,Kristine,Shannon!

ETA-Hey Carrie-LOL at you teasing Lori! How long is the marathon you and your SIL are planning on doing in the fall? I too have thought about a marathon,just to say i did one,LOL!

ETA agian...I just checked out the blog and im slipping on my own drool,LOL! Now why hasn't Cathe used muscle men in her other workouts? Or has she?? I think my DH would be more tempted to do sts with men doing it too,LOL! Maybe I can talk him into preoredering??

bbl

Good morning ladies,

Just a quick check in, the little one is already awake so I better get her up.

Not sure about my workout today. I have a Dr.'s appointment this morning to get a wart on my knee cut off, so I hope that won't be too painful. So I might be able to do B&G, but my girlfriend is also coming for lunch and I have some housework to do, so I might end up taking a rest day. Hey, after BM2 yesterday, I think I deserve it, hehe.

I will be back later for personals.

I hope that you all have a great day
Kristine :)

Hey Girls!

Get another minute to check in. My boss is gone for a few mins. He hasn't mentioned the schedule. He probably just assumes everything is fine. I think all the other girls will be doing oncall night shifts, while I work them. This is fine with me b/c I need to work full time, but I guess this is part of the reasoning he wants to switch us around.

Ameila** That is a little irritating about your mother. Maybe when he gets a little older she will be able to handle more of him. Kids that age are soooo busy,maybe she just can't keep up with him? Have you talked to her about it?

Carrie* A FULL Marathon:eek: I don't think my knees could handle all that running! Do you girls get into futs of laughing when you work out together? If I had to workout with anyone I would be bent over laughing at them the whole time...I just know it!

Stacy** Glad to hear you got a workout in last night! Yippee! I bet you feel better about that!

Kristine** Geez, I hope it doesn't hurt to much! Im pretty sure they freeze stuff like that so you should be o.k.

Meals are going good today. My biggest problem is the afternoon...we will see how that goes! I should be o.k. Im pretty determined today. I had a good weekend with some good eating so its time to get back on track!

Lori,yeah...i've talked to her about it and she gets her feelings hurt because I brought it up:-( I don't want to hurt her feelings about it so i don't bring it up anymore,but i still noctice. Maybe I should just let it go...maybe he is just too much for her to handle right now.

ok,question about gym styles...I just previewed gs legs and am I suppose to be using the heaviest weight with this dvd? I can lift 55pds on my squats,should I do that? And should I be doing the heaviest on those lounges with the dumbells too?

Hi everyone. Isaac still has fever and Ewan still has a runny nose. Now my own throat hurts again. Argh! We're going to take it easy today and stay at home. The boys will probably stay in their footie pajamas. They're so cute in those. :) If Isaac is still feverish tonight, I'm going to take him to the doctor tomorrow.

You know, yesterday I did only 4DS LIS cardio on a MatStep and my right knee feels worn out today. It doesn't hurt exactly, but feels sort of wobbly and it's creaky. Ugh. I won't have any physical therapy this week (other than my home exercises) because of the kids being home all week.

Today's workout is supposed to be upper body and abs. I might do one of my lighter weight workouts or I might do Karen Voight's sculpting yoga workouts, which work arms and abs pretty well.

Belinda, yeah, I was amazed at how many new posts are up on the blog. They sure are busy! It all looks cool, but it also looks a bit intimidating. I wonder how long they'll rehearse until they start filming....

Lori, that is really not fair if they are moving you around when you didn't agree--especially if this is the part-timer and you are a full-timer. Whew, your workouts are still wearing me out. I've got to get back to full health!

Stacey, enjoy your elliptical and ub workout today.

Carrie, I've overall been pretty consistent with weights (at least upper body) and abs, except for this past week when everything went haywire (I wonder what haywire means, anyway). I recently did 3 weeks of the 4DS workouts, for instance. I generally aim for 3 days of weights and abs and then 3 days of cardio, though the cardio in particular has suffered with my injuries. My PT only wants me to do his exercises for lower body right now. So far so good with Lent, though sometimes it's tough. The hard thing is when I think of something I want--like I noticed Isaac's getting a little big for his shirts--with his arms sticking out of the sleeves a bit too much, but it's not like that's an emergency--and not all the shirts are like that. I think it helps that I already paid for a lot of presales so I know some workouts will be on the way soon enough (workouts are often the big temptation for me even when I'm sick and injured and can't do all of them).

Amelia, thanks for the review of BFL--I'll have to order the book after Lent. Or maybe I'll check if it's at the library! Do you bother with any of the supplements or just follow the eating and exercise plans? I think that would be my main issue--hate it when you're expected to buy a lot of extras (says the girl who owns every workout toy known to man--except that bike I want, of course).

Kristine, you get so much done with BM2 that a rest day the day after is probably very deserved--unless you're Lori ;) (just had to join in the teasing).

Hello to everyone who follows!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hello ladies,

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, I was picking my DH up from the airport. HE IS HOME:) :) :) :) It is so nice to have him back, I get a whole month with him. The reason he never called is because he lost his cell phone and there wasn't really a way to contact me at the airport in Africa. He called me when he got to France to let me know he was alright. Today's workout is going to be Imax2 and 4ds upper body.

Belinda - Great job on today's workout. Hope you have a nice day.

Lori - Sorry to hear about the work thing, I would be aggravated too if I had been told that. Sounds like you got a great workout in, I really like the GS workouts. I feel like I'm getting a better workout with that one because she does more than one set of reps.

Amelia - I'm sorry to hear about the stuff with your mom. It shouldn't matter if he is a handfull or doesn't pay attention to her while he is there........he is 2. My niece that is the oldest is a big handful but I love her just as much as my other niece. I have no favorites, they are both precious little angels.

Carrie - Sounds like you had a good workout yesterday, I wish I lived closer to my sisters so I could try and convert them into my workout partners:) I don't know if it would workout but I would definitely try.

Lainie - I'm sorry to hear that your knee is bothering you, maybe the more therapy sessiors you have the stronger it will get and you will have less problems with it. Hope you and your little guys get to feeling better.

Hello to Stacey, Kristine, Cheryl, and anyone else I missed.

Hi girls,

Lori** I glad you got work situation resolved! Good for you! Great job on your workout! Love your rotation!

Stacey** awesome job on your workout last night and today!

Carrie** how nice that your SIL is working out with you! Have a great day!

Amelia** great job with GS legs! How did you like it? My son that age was a hand full, maybe he is to much for your mom? Talk to your mom! The last time I talked to Mary was when she posted here! I hope she is o.k.! I wish her the best!

Kristine** good luck at your doctors’ appointment! Enjoy your lunch!

Lainie**I follow the eating and exercise plans only! I also use Cathe’s DVD’s!

Shannon** I am glad your DH is home safe! Enjoy IMAX 2 today!

Have a great day and workout!
Belinda

Hi girls,

Here is my BFL UB workout!

Chest
DB Bench Press (weight is per DB)

12@ 20
10@ 25
8@ 30
6@ 25
12@ 20
DB Flyes 12 @ 20

Back
One Arm DB Rows (weight is per DB)

12@ 20
10@ 25
8 @ 30
6 @ 30
12@ 25
DB reverse crip 12 @ 20

Shoulder
Upright DB rows ( weight is per DB)
12 @ 15
10 @ 20
8 @ 20
6 @ 25
12 @ 25
Rear delt flyes

Biceps
Preacher Curls (weight is per DB)

12@ 15
10@ 15
8@ 20
6 @15
12 @ 15
Concentration Curls 12 @ 20

Triceps
Lying Tricep Extension (weight is per DB)

12@ 10
10@ 15
8@ 10
6@ 15
12@ 10
Overhead Tricep extension 12 @ 20

I will be back later!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hey girls :+

Im done with GS legs and I can't walk,lol! I seriously thought i was stuck on those last set of plea 15-pulses...I couldn't get back up,LOL! Not to mention my legs where shaking so bad my teeth were chattering!Forget the floor work,I'll have to build up to that!:+

Shannon-So glad to hear that your DH is home,and for a whole month! Wow,that must be so exciting for you! Great workout today!

Lainie-i just got the bfl/efl books-it took the library a whole month just to get them...the wait was so long! I don't drink the myoplex shakes only because Ive already got some protien shakes that i like. the bsn protien shakes! However i did notice that my local walmart sells the four pk of myoplex shakes and sells the bars too! Thats interesting,lol}( ....LOL at your comment about owning alot of workouts. I wasn't going to drink the supplement shakes but I started losing weight and well,now i don't want to stop doing anything that im doing,LOL-I say go for it;-) The eating for life book has over 150 recipes in it and there all supper yummy 'looking'(i did try the meatloaf one last night and it was VERY good!DH ate it so thats saying alot,lol)ETA-ok,i just read this post to you and im laughing out loud alot....Ha,ha,ha;-)(i know...im a dorkfish)

Belinda-Great workout you did today! Good going!

ok,gotta go!

Hello! How is the afternoon going for you all. I snuck away for a quick break while my DD plays with my DS:)

Good news on our van, it is all fixed, although it's going to cost a pretty penny! It was the starter and a few other things as well (they always seem to find a few more things that need fixed). What can you do? It is a 10 yr. old van afterall.

I will be doing my elliptical and UB this evening, my DH are doing our workouts at night. We kind of have a tag team going for it. He starts at 7pm while I put Ryan down for the night and the older two watch t.v. Then when he's done, he puts the older two down for the night while I start my workout. It is actually working out great that way.

Lori, still sounds like your boss need to tell you what the heck is going on! Hope things get worked out on that front (no pun intended)!

Amelia, hello and great job on your workout today! I'm not doing BFL but I do have a book on hold from the library I'm anxious to read. It's Bob Greene's The Best Life Diet. I've seen him a few times on Oprah, and he seems like he know what he's talking about. Probably a lot of common sense stuff, but fun to read nevertheless.

Carrie, great job on your workout yesterday and very cool that you and your SIL are teaming up for the marathon! I can't imagine doing one myself, but have a lot of respect for those who can (bowing to you). Good luck with training for that. Also, your little Ryan sounds so cute. Wow, 11 months old! They do grow so fast, my little guy is 13months old, crazy!

Shannon, glad your DH made it home safely and enjoy your time with him. How exciting!! I hope you have a great workout today also.

Lainie, sorry your kiddos are sick:( I hope your knees cooperate soon. You've had a tough Fall/Winter for sure! Have a good week off with the little ones.

Belinda, hello again:)

Kristine, hope you got a good rest day today after BM2 yesterday in it's entirety!!!! Wow, great job;) Hope you had a nice lunch with your friend.

Okay, hi to Cheryl and anyone I missed!

Will be back to report my workout tomorrow morning...

Stacey

Hi Girls!

Checking back again! Eating as been great today! I had one cookie and thats it..and let me tell you...that in itself is an accomplishment! LOL

I wonder if my eating better as kept my energy up all day. They say sugar can make you sluggish! I have been feeling good all day dispite the fact that I have been up since 5!

Belinda** Nothing is really sorted out. This is just what I have heard. My boss won't mention it anymore for while, if not at all. He assumes that us girls are gonna figure everything out, b/c we usually do.

Shannon** So happy to hear that hubby made it home safe and sound! It must be sooo nice to have him home! Hope you get the deed done this month!hehe Wouldn't that be fast? Are you going to start trying right away?

Stacy** Sounds like you have a good system going on with DH! I was king of hoping that DH had hockey tonight so that I could work the rest of my UB instead of doing it tomorrow. We will see what happens!

I think that catches me up on personnals!

Lori
Ameila** Yeah, using that much weight may be a little to much! LOL I would only use about 40 if I were you..hey, thats all I use! I love the GS series!

Laine** Is there anything you can take for your knees? You would think with everything out there that there would be something to that helped! I would lose my mind if I were you! Sorry, Im not more of a comfort but you know what kind of cardio junkie I am;) :)

My workouts are done and DH has gone to get a massage. He will be back in about an hour and then I think we are going to run to town and do a little shopping. He needs a new phone since his is lost somewhere in Africa:)

Belinda - I totally enjoyed Imax 2, even though I almost died...lol I made it through interval 9 with all the plie jacks, that one is so hard.

Amelia - GS legs is tough. My legs are usually sore after that workout. I also don't really like any floor work in leg workouts. I skip them most of the time.

Stacey - Sounds like you and your DH have a great routine down to get in your workouts. It's nice that yall help one another out. Hope you have a wonderful day :)

Lori - Good job on your eating, I've done pretty well today also. My DH's parents tried to sabbotage me by asking us to go out to eat but luckily my DH had that massage and couldn't go. They know I'm trying to eat healthy but they are always trying to get us to eat bad things. She will cook or bring back something and then if you don't eat it she gets her feelings hurt. I usually don't eat what she brings and just act like I do just so I don't have to deal with her. DH and I are going to see my doctor first and get everything checked out, see what she says and then start trying. I am nervous but ready. My middle sister may kill me though if I get pregnant before her because she has been trying for about 6 months and hasn't gotten pregnant. She stresses herself out about it a lot. She's already on clomid and is going to see a fertility specialist. I try to tell her they really haven't been trying that long and sometimes it takes a while but she doesn't listen. I haven't told her about our decision yet but I'm going to have to before we officially start. I just hope she doesn't get upset.

Shannon** I highly doubt if you sis will get mad...unless she is selfish! LOL My sister and I started trying around the same time. Took me 4 yrs to get pregnant and she just had invetro done for thr 3rd time. I really hope it works for her this time but of course, she wasn't at all upset when she found out I was preggo. She was one of the first people I called and she came home for the birth as well. I was devasted when she went back. Im sure it had alot to do with my hormones but I was sooo sad and lonely that day she left.She is so good with kids and would make a great mom. Keeping my fingers crossed for her.
As for bad food and MIL's...my MIL doesn't cook unhealthy but when I work days shifts or weekends I find that she is around alot. She does this to help but it usually ends up being take out. Then if I have picked at work and am not hungry when I get home, I have her staring at me while I eat! LOL Well, not really but she really does notice if I eat alot or not. Im surprised she didn't call today. She must know that I have chili in the slowcooker.

Gonna go start my jeep,time to go home...

Hi, everyone! Checking in late in the day, as usual lately.
Did TM last night and TM this morning. Happy about continuing weightloss though so no complaints about that.

Lori, aaagh on the runaround work schedules. Sounds like you got it worked out, is that right? GREAT eating. Yayy for you! Okay, I get it on the pyramids. You'll really like having them on DVD. I gave up my CTX weights DVD... sold that series some months back because I was hardly using it. Oh well.

Belinda, great workout. Wow! Very impresed.

Amelia, hope things go well and glad for your mother's help, I'm sure!

Shannon - congrats on DH getting home.

Lainie, yuck on your knee creaking and also on having your sore throat hurt again. you've really been through it lately and I feel for you.

Stacy, Carrie, big Monday hello! Have a great afternoon!

Love the look of those guys on STS. Ohh la la! Maybe I can get DH to do it with me if other guys are on there???

I'll be getting eyelash touch-ups tonight and then DH and I will go out. Probably Applebees because I can eat from their WW menu with few substitutions (I just can't eat the rice or bread - have them substitute fresh greens)

Have a graet night, everyone!

Cheryl}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.