Commit to get Fit and Lean for February 2014

Hey guys. Didn't workout the last three days. So busy and then there was the snow. Ugh! We met with a financial planner about life insurance on Tuesday and by the time he left, I was spent. Wednesday I had my teacher course, so by the time I got home, ate and walked the dog, I was too tired to do anything. Then Thursday came. What a nightmare! My district had a 2 hour delay. It is in our contract that when we have a two hour delay teachers and staff must report as close to sign in time as possible and for my building that means 8:00. Well, the snow was sooooo bad, my friend offered to give me a ride because she has 4WD. She was on her way to get me and it took her over 30 minutes just to get close to my house, which was 7:55. Guess what happened next. My district called and said school was closed. A lot of my colleagues were stuck in horrible weather conditions and traffic because they tried to make it in on time and they closed school anyway. Some people were already there. So stupid! It took my friend another hour and a half to get home from where she was on her way to picking me up and mind you on a normal day, it is a 15 minute drive from my house to hers.

Insanity. . . Anyway, to top it all off I got my TOTM and I was sooooo exhausted, I did nothing all day.

Today I did Xtrain D2, Bis and Tris plus core 2 premix. I am beat. I will be back tomorrow with personals. My little DS is nagging me that he is scared in his room. I will bb tomorrow. Supposedly we are getting even more snow. . . NOOOO! :(:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kristin

Hi,

I did B&G today. I have a feeling I will be shoveling out for the next couple of weeks:rolleyes: At any given time one of us is moving the snow around there just isn't any room for the snow. The parking lots are so bad, side roads are now single lanes. My body is so sore from shoveling, I would much rather do a workout of my choice. Sorry for venting.

Belinda - I agree the modifiers don't really modify but I still find a way to modify as needed:) I thought you were far enough South to avoid this weather but even Amelia is getting hit too!

Kristin - This weather is taking up all my energy, crossing my fingers we will be snow free starting on Monday. That is so upsetting to try and get to work and be so stressed and they cancel.

Cookie - How is the weather is Thailand? Lucy is finding creative ways to go to the bathroom because their isn't any place to go. She has learned to climb snow mountains. To top if off they can't even smell:eek:

Waves hi to Amelia & Melissa

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, you're sort of our own dvd reviewer! Are you visiting DC this weekend? Can't imagine what driving around there in the snow is like.
Amelia, hope you didn't lose power. My dh bought seasons 1,2, and 3 of Downton Abbey for a VD gift. He always tells me he's going to watch the show w/me but then falls asleep. So now we can watch it together - will probably have to be in the middle of the afternoon tho!
Melissa, how was the cupcake wine tasting? Hope you managed the storm safely.
Kristen, crazy! Glad you were safe. Our local BOCES service didn't post our district's closing on Friday and didn't send out the email/text notifications. Lots of anger over that. From what I hear, we were also the only one that didn't close or dismiss early on Thursday.
Deb, I hear you on not knowing where to move the snow. It is so hard to see when making turns when driving. Thailand is in the 90s with humidity in the 80s. Quite the opposite of how I'm feeling out weather. My dogs were petrified of the plow guy yesterday, and he was here for about an hour to do the driveway. We had to shovel a path for the dogs to get out their area, and it looked like a tunnel. The littlest one does not want to go out at all and we have to physically pick her up and put her out.
X10 low impact on the rebounder. More shovelmax this morning and possibly snow shoeing. Just walking yesterday to move the cars for the plow was a thigh burner.
Cookie

Hey everyone. I just finished my workout for today. I did Rockout Knockout and then med ball abs for AC. I also walked Baxter earlier this morning, before the (sniff, sniff) snow came. It is getting ready to come now, the sky is getting mighty dark. I cannot wait for spring.

It was nice to wake up and have nowhere to go. I cleaned up the house, put away laundry and just relaxed. I have planning to do and papers to grade, but a week off. It feels so good. It looks like at the end of the week we will be seeing 50 degree temps. That's a good sign!

Cookie- between being forced to do a module, having 30 plus kids in a class, and all the stress this year, the botched snow day was beyond aggravating. Moreso because most districts around here have a delayed opening for all- staff and students. It doesn't make sense to make us risk our lives. My friend got into an accident. Luckily, he is okay, but his whole front end is damaged. Craziness. I cannot believe your daughter is going to Thailand. What a fantastic experience!

Deb- I'm glad I haven't had to shovel this year. DH and my neighbor just went half-and-half on a snow blower, but before that DH was shoveling while I kept the kids occupied. It seems to be the only time I can use the kids to get out of more work, haha.

Amelia- I cannot believe the crazy weather down South this winter. I feel like we are getting much more snow than normal up here, but the temps and weather for all the South is just crazy. I hear you on the kids and DH driving you crazy. I'm the only girl in the house. I have many moments where I am on the verge of losing it.

Melissa- can you believe this freakin' weather? I am soooo done with this. The roads were finally almost clear in my neighborhood and now this today!?! I hope nothing comes, but it is looking like snow is about to fall. I was listening to the radio and they played that song from Frozen where the little girl keeps asking "Do you wanna build a snowman?" and the radio guy screamed "NO!" I so feel like that at this point. I am all snowman-ed out, lol. I want the beach!

Belinda- how is the combination of STS and P90X3 working out for you? Do you feel as if you have enough energy combining both? Are you seeing more definition?

I forgot to wish everyone a happy Valentine's Day yesterday, lol. Happy Valentine's Day!

Kristin

Hi,

I'm not sure why but decided to do Slide & Glide. Sure enough tonight went out to the driveway and caught myself in a slip on the driveway. DH slipped and fell face forward the other night when we were shoveling, but he is ok. He laughed when I asked if he needed help getting up, he doesn't think I could pick him up:)

Belinda - Not like you to check-in, are you visiting dd & ds?

Kristin - It's good to have an excuse not to shovel it's much better to play in;) I keep hearing so many good reviews for Frozen even up for an Oscar will have to rent it.

Cookie - DD is lucky to have gone to a hot climate too! The town plows have been plowing & salting all day & night today it is really slippery out there:(

Amelia & Melissa - Stay warm:)

Morning girls,

I'm up early to get my last day of work in before my little winter break with the kids starts. I already requested this week off to be with them :)

Yesterday was a 2mile walk and today will prob be the same. Its all I can muster up right now. I'm feeling a little better - still looking forward to the doctors visit this coming up Wednesday :) ( we had to cancel do to the weather last week)

I will bb later tonight or in the morning with personals. Stay safe and warm :)

'Morning!
Belinda, are you off celebrating VD? Hope all is well.
Kristen, I can hear your frustration and truly can relate. It is all just too much. CC and this winter is a vicious combo. Frozen may be entertaining but I have no interest in watching something cold - will wait til summer. Sorry to be a bummer. I'd just prefer to see palm trees, beaches and sun.
Amelia, I'm so frustrated. Lately, I've been really good w/my eating and doing my workouts (modifying tho but still), and getting in steps, and that d*** has not budged at all. Think that's why I like keeping track of my steps. At least I feel all my efforts are affecting something. Last night was about 1,000 steps under and got them in walking between tv in den watching Olympics and radio in kitchen listening to our hockey game. Got my steps and all events were great. My dh, one ds and myself all went to one school which was playing a school another son went to (dh had turned that one down - even tho it has the bigger reputation), so it was great trash texting with him. Keep up those workouts! Do you note them in a calendar?
Melissa, hope you're not snowed in, just having a good weekend.
Deb, glad you and your dh are ok. Do you think you jinxed by doing slide and glide? My dh was floored literally once when he was saying I couldn't make him move off the couch. I can't even remember why I wanted him to move. Anyway, had no problem getting him off. May be a girl but i"m strong. You are too. I slept in late and dh got up. But by the time he got up, we had a few presents from the little one. She is such a pain. She really hates to get her little paws wet and be cold. Good thing we like her. DD texted last night that she's having a great time, loves the food, and seeing lots of interesting things.
Snowshoeing yesterday was really, really hard. The snow is so deep and it was heavy. Today is colder so it should be firmer and hopefully easier. Otherwise, we'll go for a long walk with the dogs. Going down to try out rhymthnic step - want to recover from my disaster w/rocking party step.
Cookie

Good morning,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. DH and I went shopping to the Amish Country Market. We had an awesome day.

Yesterday we did P90X MMX. Not sure, what I will do today?

Cookie - glad to hear your DD is having fun and liking the food. I also plan on walking the dogs today. DH and I staying home this weekend. The kids will come to WV on Thursday:D We are still planning going cross country w/the rv this summer. We are also plan on going to Canada to see my Aunt and Uncle they both are getting old.

Debbie - glad you and your DH are ok. That's scary! After all that you did S&G:eek: You go, girl! I think we all getting hit with the snow this year. We are suppose to get more on Monday:confused:

Kirstin - why didn't they closed the schools? I feel your frustration. You are so good walking your dog every day. I do feel like I have lots of energy doing STS and P90X3. P90X3 are more metabolic/body weight/balance workouts.

Amelia and Melissa - hope all is well.

I will be back later.

Hey everyone. Happy Sunday. We got more snow last night, as predicted. I took Baxter for a walk this morning and I nearly fell, lol. The roads were ice all under the snow. Luckily, I have good balance and reflexes, probably thanks to all the Cathe workouts, haha. One man was shoveling his driveway and smiled at me. I said, "Yes, I am crazy." He started laughing. The poor dog needs to go out and walk though. He needs to exercise. He is a high energy dog and being cooped up in the house is no good for him. He gets wild. I only walked him for 25 minutes. I really won't even count it as a workout as I was slowly tip toe-ing on the ice, haha. I also just needed to get out there because I am desperate for the weather to get better, if that makes any sense. They are saying more snow for Tuesday, but then 50 degrees by the weekend. I am hoping this will be the end. It has to be. My parents are going to Puerto Rico for three weeks next week. They are so very lucky. I wish I could go and escape this crazy weather and my crazy job too ha!

Today I did Butts and Guts. I have decided to do this one every Sunday for a month and see what results I get. My legs were fried last week from it. I am thinking I won't be able to sit on the toilet tomorrow. I also decided to follow the Xtrain 90 day rotation, but just the weights. I am going to do my own thing for cardio days. I am going to throw in the new workouts in more during the rotation. Then I might throw in some from the Low Impact Series. We shall see. This rotation will bring me to May! When the weather will be better and school will be almost over. I cannot wait.

Deb- When I took the boys to see it, I knew nothing about it. I thought it was all about a talking snowman. I had no idea it was a musical at all until the first song. I absolutely loved it. Every song was wonderful, the story was great (even though there is a typical unforeseen sad death, why does Disney always do that?). If it becomes a Broadway play, and with the musical score being as wonderful as it is I cannot see it not becoming a Broadway play, I am definitely going to go see it.

Amelia- good for you for at least getting the walks in and making a doc appt. That in itself is a step in the right direction. Wednesday will be here before you know it.

Cookie- I hear you on being sick of this weather. You and me both! the CC and all the other craziness just makes it worse. I am hoping that by doing the 90 day rotation and basketball ending, baseball beginning, the rest of the school year will fly by to June. Is it sad to wish months of my life away? :eek::confused:

Belinda- Glad you had an awesome day. That's great that your energy levels are good. I have been feeling so tired lately, but I think it is my diet. I have been eating a lot of crap. Yesterday was my first clean day. I am going to try to stick with it (although we are going to the movies tomorrow, which means movie theater popcorn for me). I already am feeling a difference though. It could also be that TOTM is finally over! lol.

Okay, off to shower.

Kristin

Hi,

I did Tri-sets total body express workout. I'm not sure why but the tri-set dvd always gets me out of breath:confused: but it was a good workout. Driving to the store today was so stressful I'm so afraid someone will hit me because the roads are so narrow and the corners are blocked by snow! More snow Tuesday but warmer temps for the weekend:)

Belinda - Your shopping trip sounded like fun. Is the Amish market food only?

Kristin - Do you have off this week? 3 weeks in PR sounds awesome! I would love to see Frozen too if it comes to Broadway. Tonight Up in the Air was on, that was such a good movie (Disney too).

Amelia - Enjoy your week off:) It's good that you rescheduled your appt.

Cookie - It sounds like your dd is having so much fun, I'm jealous;) Do you talk on the phone or text? Snowshoeing must be some workout!!

Melissa - Are you off this week too?

'Morning!
Belinda, the Amish Market sounds interesting. What did you get?
Kristen, I do think Cathe has helped my balance also (except for my kutziness w/step and dance). Glad you didn't fall walking Baxter. 3 weeks in PR would be heaven.
Amelia, any special plans w/the kiddos for the week off? My dh used to ask that when ours were younger and my reply varied from "survival" and "not ending up in jail."
Melissa, hope all is well.
Deb,dd sent us a text. Of course, she had to include how warm and sunny it is there. Trisets has a breathless feel for me also. Love the wo tho.
Got up at 3:45 b/c dogs wanted out and then had to wait 1/2 hour for them all to return. BUT, I went back to sleep and boy did that feel good. Not sure if going to do Firm vol 2 or Jessica's hiit wo. Actually feel more like a stretch one. Shoulder is doing better but not back to normal or I would do UY. Housework and some office work on the agenda for the day.
Cookie

Good morning,

This week is my recovery week from STS. I will start STS M3 next week:eek:
I am starting P90X3 Week 8.

Cookie - I bought some organic meat, vegetable and milk. Glad your shoulder is feeling better. Have fun with your workout today.

Debbie - those Tri-sets will get you good. WTG! The Amish market have food and furniture.

Kirstin - I need to start walking my dogs, feel bad for them. I hope Tuesday is the last day we are getting snow. I am ready for warmer weather. Good job, on B&G.

I will be back after my workout. Have a great day, everyone.

Getting back on Track to Fit

Gonna do KCP today and then elliptical for 45 minutes. Then the outdoors Midwest style with a BIG YELLOW SHOVEL. Gained so much upper body strength pushing all this snow these last 3 months.:mad::rolleyes:

Hello all. It felt so good to wake up at 7 instead of 5 and to be off! I cannot wait for summer! I walked Baxter this morning. It was freezing cold because of the wind, so we went the opposite way to have the wind to our backs instead of our faces. Then I did Xtrain D3, Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders.

DH is off and we are taking the boys to see the Lego movie this afternoon, so I am glad I got my workout in already. I may take Baxter for another walk after the movie if the wind dies down.

Yesterday we went to my parents' house for dinner. It was a bit depressing for me. We were playing Go Fish with the boys, and my mom kept forgetting how to play. She kept thinking we were playing a different game. My younger DS was laughing thinking she was fooling around. My older DS is picking up on it though, and he seems to realize it is serious, although he hasn't come out and ask me anything yet. Then after Go Fish, my mom wanted to play Scrabble with me. We used to play it all the time and she used to be a wiz at it. She was playing words like "tie" and "at". She rarely had a word with more than three letters. On top of that, she kept trying to put words down that didn't connect to any letters on the board. It was just depressing. I feel sorry for myself and my kids, but I feel even worse for my father who witnesses it every day. I can tell it breaks his heart and he is such a strong "man's man", old school, you know? They are going to PR for three weeks next weekend. I hope it does her some good to go out and socialize. I don't know though :/

Anyway. . . sorry to be such a downer. It just gets to me sometimes. I guess the good news is that this all motivates me to stay healthy and keep working out and maintain my weight. I never want to be diagnosed with something like this. I don't want to retire after giving my blood, sweat and tears to teaching, which is becoming increasingly more demanding and degrading to me (I feel anyway), only to then not be able to enjoy my retirement and make the most of it. I want to be active and still be able to keep up with the kids, I guess my grandkids, haha.

Belinda- I cannot believe you are on Meso 3 already. I am thinking I am doing Xtrain 90 day rotation, but just weights, adding my own cardio. Then I think I will do 4 DS for at least two weeks, gym styles for two weeks and then maybe 90 day undulating rotation with STS. Not sure. . . I know that I got away from heavy lifting for a bit, hoping to get some pounds I put back on off, but it didn't work. I think going back to lifting steadily and switching it up will do the trick better. I saw the informercial for P90X3 again this morning. I can't buy it though. Trying hard to keep the finances straight, lol.

Cookie- I'm glad your shoulder is getting better. Are you off this week too? I really needed this break. Even with the snow days. . . no one understands it, but I'm sure you do. I am happy that at least when I go back I won't be doing a stupid module with a billion mistakes in it. I really will be happy in April when the stupid state test will be over and done with. I think that stresses me out the most. My students are so low this year. I worry what their scores will do to mine! Isn't that awful!?! I feel as though I am beginning to resent my students that are low performers. That is awful. This is not why I became a teacher :( I have to remind myself daily to remember why I do this and that it has nothing to do with stupid scores, but it is getting harder and harder not to focus on it. It is the white elephant in my brain! :eek::confused:

Deb- Trisets gets me winded too, the lower body one anyway. I think it is because there is no rest between sets because we move from one muscle group to the other. It is a great workout, the music gets to me sometimes though. I have to tune it out.

Waving hello to Melissa and Amelia!

Kristin

Good evening,

DH and I just finished P90X3 Isometrix, we also walked the dogs today.

Kirstin - I am so sorry, about your mom (((HUGS))) I think it's a great idea doing the Xtrain rotation. I hardly can believe I am almost in Meso 3:p After I am done with M3, I will take one week off than I will do the GS's for a month. I am trying to follow the Bodybuilding rotation Cathe posted awhile back (it's in the rotation forum). After that my plan is to do the Xtrain rotation. We shall see.

I will be back tomorrow. Good night, everyone!

Hi,

I took yoga class today, after today Jessie leaves for Florida for a long weekend to visit her mom (my next door neighbor) who is in FL for the month of February . . . she picked a good month to go . . . I'm jealous;)

Let's keep our fingers crossed the snow will be light tomorrow:rolleyes: I want to start using this smilie:cool::cool::cool: more often!

Belinda - I can't believe your already on M3 wow!

Kristin - I think I understand when it's a snow day it just doesn't feel like a day off because too much time wasted worrying if you even have to go to work. Sorry about your Mom, I see it in my MIL and it makes me sad but when it's your parent it's that much harder. It's good that your parents get away when they can.

Cookie - I can't believe the dogs get up that early, they must have so much energy. I'm glad your shoulder is feeling better.

Waves hi to Amelia & Melissa

'Morning!
Belinda, wow, it seems like you are flying thru sts! What results are you noticing?
Melissa, where are you? Drowning w/homework?
Kristen, that must be so heartbreaking to witness. Your father must be so patient. I'm getting ready to leave to go in to work - a curriculum writing project. It is definitely not my fav type of thing to do, so I'm trying to keep an upbeat frame of mind about it.
Amelia, you have me motivated girl! Just ate a really good breakfast, have my lunch packed, a thermos of green tea, and water. Now, we'll see how I manage to get to carry it all in - a rolling crate! Defnitely not fashionable.
Deb, you sound so fond of your yoga instructor! That's really nice. Watch out for the ice today please.
Didn't want to get out of bed this morning, but finally did. Decided if I didn't do something, this curriculum writing project could be even worse, so did JS's 30 min power interval walk.
Cookie

Good morning,

DH and I will do P90X Dynamix tonight.

Cookie - I can't wait to start M3 next week. That one is my favorite. I lost some weight. Wished I lost more, but I am losing inches too:D My UB getting stronger. I think it's too soon to tell? Yesterday I started the 21 Day Fix eating program (and NO I didn't buy the program). All the information are all over the internet. I bought some measuring containers at TJMax on Sunday for around $6.99. We shall see. Good job on your power walk this morning.

Debbie - good job on your yoga class last night. Have you tried P90X3 Isometrix (yoga) yet? I think you would like it.

I will be back after my workout. Have a great day everyone.

Hey everyone.

Thanks for letting me vent about my mom. It is hard to see and I guess I block it out of my mind when I am not around my parents. It is hard to talk about "aloud" without getting emotional, which I don't like to do, so typing it on here I guess helps.

Anyway. .. We got more snow today :/ :mad::mad::mad:. The sun is out now though, so that is good, I guess. I long for the summer, lol. Anyway, I wasted my morning watching a stupid movie, White Noise, it was from a few years ago. It stars Michael Keaton. The ending was beyond stupid. I was mad that I sat through it, lol.

We saw the Lego movie yesterday with the boys. I loved it. I thought it was clever and funny and I was surprised at the end. I ate too much popcorn and candy. So two days of good eats out the window, I guess.

Today I did All Out, plus core 1 premix. I am hoping to take the dog for a walk later if the sun stays out and DH gets home early enough. Nothing else to report. Just want this week to be slow so I can enjoy the time off, lol.

Belinda- I saw that rotation and have thought about doing it. I just started with Xtrain, but the concept of switching it up and going through one series at a time, I like that.

Deb- doing the state module for January and most of February just killed me and the snow days made me have to go back and rework the already too long lesson plans, so it was more aggravating than anything else. Hopefully we will not get any snow after today and spring will be here. I am looking at spring clothes online, trying not to buy, haha.

Cookie- I lost my positivity this year with everything going on. I held on to it last year and felt I had a good year despite all the craziness. This year, not so much. I just need to get to June. I hate wishing my life away. I think it is a terrible way to be. I keep trying to focus on my little successes instesad of everything going on around me, but it is getting harder and harder to do. One of my colleagues is retiring next year and I find myself feeling jealous. . . that is terrible! My colleagues keep saying things will change and get better. . . I just don't know anymore.

Okay, be back later.

Waving hi to Amelia and Melissa!

Hi ladies, mind if a newbie joins you? I'm Kelly, I'm 33 and from Colorado. I've been working out with Cathe since about 2007 or so, and lost weight then, but I've been struggling to lose weight from having my son, who will be 2 next week. Between work, housework, and kiddo, it's been tough, but I'm ready to do it now. I look forward to getting to know you and joining you on this journey :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.