Commit to get Fit and Lean for February 2014

Hey girls,

This morning I did Janet Jenkins Butts + Thighs =23 min, just walked the dogs for almost an hour. It's so nice outside! When DH comes home from work, we will do P90X3.

Kirstin - anytime you need to talk we are here for you. I agree, it's hard seeing your parents like this. I am really sorry you have to go through is ((((HUGS))) Oh, you can keep all that snow:p:eek: Glad you and your boy's enjoyed Lego movie. I hate movies with a stupid ending. I think the key is switching different workout series up is a great idea, it's all about muscle confusion. Good job on All Out and your core today. Which reminds me, I have to work my core too.

Hi and welcome, Kelly! I am Belinda, I was born and raised in Germany. My husband retired 2 years ago from the Army after 31+years. I live in WV. My daughter is almost 28 years and my son just turned 25. I know, it's hard taking care of small ones, working and taking care of the house. Don't beat yourself up if you can't fit a workout in. We are all here to support you.

Hi to everyone that checks in after me. I will be back later this evening or tomorrow morning.

Thanks Belinda! My dad was in the Air Force for 24 years, retired here in Co. It was an amazing experience!
Kristin, I'm so sorry about your mom, I'm sure it's rough. I can see my mom being like that down the line, I can already see signs in her and it worries me. Hubby and I were gonna try to see the Lego movie this weekend, but the next showing was over an hour away. Still really want to though! We haven't seen a movie in the theatre since I was pregnant lolol
I did Couch 2 10K on my lunch today (still very early on with that) and am really wanting to do something else when I get home. Thinking something with weights and abs, we'll see. Very excited, we had a shirt made for Aiden's 2 year pics this weekend and it turned out super cute. Hoping the weather holds up - his theme is Thomas the Train, and we're supposed to do the pics at the Colorado Railroad Museum.

If I don't make it back on tonight, I hope you all have a great night!

Attachments

• image-304187465.jpg
    image-304187465.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 2
Good evening,

P90X3 Dynamix is done too.

Kelly - OMG, the shirt is so cute!:D You did Couch 2 10K on your lunch today and tonight you are doing weights:p You go, girl!

That's it for me today, good night!

Belinda, that's another one I've never heard of - Jeannette Jenkin's! Do you also have her abs one that she did w/Kelly Rowland? I've heard that's pretty good. Now, I'll have to go check out this food plan. Please keep us posted on your thoughts on it. Congrats on your progress w/sts. Great results?
Kelly, welcome! This is a very supportive group. I absolute love my friends her. Your son is so cute! I'm in NYS.
Amelia, is tomorrow your appt? Hope all goes well. You would be so proud of me w/eating today. Impressed myself!!!
Kristen, we had more snow again today but heard temps should be 40s by end of week. That will feel like a heat wave!
Deb, does your new gym have spinning? I realized today you haven't mentioned it in a while.
Watching the Olympics and can't believe those folks in snowboardcross! Crazy.
Cookie

Hi,

Today I did GS legs. I waited to go to work until mid morning for Spring Prototype and one of the manager's thanked me because hardly anyone showed up:confused: We only had about 2 inches but maybe others had more. It looks like everything is pink for Spring. I also saw some Easter candy out already . . . I see signs of better weather.

Belinda - I'll have to try that workout, I need to put some kind of rotation together maybe I'll work STS into it like you. I may have a workout set for Jennette Jenkins will have to check. Great job with your workouts.

Kristin - I was so happy the sun came out & I'm crossing my fingers today was the last of the snow! Don't hesitate to talk about your Mom, I agree writing your feelings out is so helpful. Just wondering is the Legos movie a boy movie?

Amelia - You must be enjoying your week off:)

Melissa - I'm guessing your catching up with school.

Cookie - Funny I was thinking that I need to give the Spin at the new gym a chance, maybe this week. When I was reading your post I thought your lunch was green tea & water . . . thinking that can't be filling:eek: but realized it was in addition.

Kelly - Welcome that is the cutest shirt for your little one:) I'm not very good at DIY but wish I were.

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

Tonight DH and I will do P90X3 Accelerator. Not sure, what else I will do today?

Cookie - I think I got that one with the abs from JJ:) The one I did yesterday is from her Hollywood series, good leg burner.

Debbie - do a week here and there with STS, it will shock your body. If you have that one from JJ, do it! Really good leg burner!

Happy Hump Day, everyone!

Happy hump day! Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm in a weight loss group in Facebook, but none of those ladies are familiar with Cathe so it's not the same. :) Thinking I'm gonna break out Boot Camp (original) today. Supposed to be fairly decent weather here today, so we may take the boy for a walk after work today too. And if you see me refer to a Monkey, that is the boy too lol

Debbie, I <3 the GS series, especially legs. That one always gets me good.

Not a lot going on at work today. I may take advantage of that and use the elliptical for a few too . Have a great day!

Hey guys. I just finished my workouts for the day. I did X10 Cardio Blast and then Xtrain D3, Bis and Tris. I also walked Baxter this morning for 30 minutes. The boys are going a little stir crazy, so today I am taking them bowling with my cousin. After the weights I lifted, not sure if I will be able to even hold a bowling ball, lol. I am hoping to get them tired ;).

Not much else to report. . . I am glad I decided to go back to more lifting than cardio. I feel better and I feel tighter too, if that makes any sense.

Kelly- welcome to the check-in. I love these girls. They have kept me motivated for years now. Most of us even met at the RT a few years back. Have you ever been on a RT? I have two boys and live on Long Island. I have been doing Cathe workouts since '08, when I had my youngest son. Cathe has whipped me into the best shape of my life. I am so thankful to her for that and for the women on here because they all keep me motivated to keep going.

Deb- I don't think the Lego movie was a boy movie. There is a female character too and she is cute and funny. I always liked "boy" movies when I was a kid though. I lived for Rocky movies and Superman and Batman. I am still a closet comic hero fan, lol. Nice job on gym styles.

Belinda- switching things up is definitely the key, I agree. I was trying to burn off the few pounds I gained with more cardio and less weights, but I think lifting heavier is helping me out more. I see a difference in the last three weeks.

Cookie- I am so happy to see 40 degrees in our future, lol. I cannot wait for summer. I keep singing the snowman song about summer in my head (from Frozen).

Waving hello to Melissa and Amelia.

Kristin

Hi ladies, mind if a newbie joins you? I'm Kelly, I'm 33 and from Colorado. I've been working out with Cathe since about 2007 or so, and lost weight then, but I've been struggling to lose weight from having my son, who will be 2 next week. Between work, housework, and kiddo, it's been tough, but I'm ready to do it now. I look forward to getting to know you and joining you on this journey :)

Welcome Kelly! I also look forward to getting to know you and I love that shirt, so adorable

Sorry to be MIA, ive been very active on MFP though :eek::p;) I'm trying to stay on track with my calories and walks. I've been doing pretty good so far, I got in 4/30 minutes walks last week and so far two this week. Still excited to get my total gym. For some reason I just can't muster up enough motivation to do any of my cathe workouts? Guess im all burned out right now..im sure I will pick them up again one day. ;)

Oh and ya'll keep that snow up there, k :p:) its in the 50's and 60's here this week. About right :)

So I'm off work this week with the kids and DH doesn't work during the week and we've been enjoying it. Today we visited a museum and had such a good time. The dinosaur exhibit was my favorite. I had a good day with my food choices too, very proud of it.

Kristen-I was reading through the thread and im sorry to hear about your day with your mom. I know that must be so hard on you and your family to witness that. :( ((hugs)) It looks like you have been getting in some vicious workouts though, good job girl!

Debbie- How's the legs today? Did the sun come out and melt any snow?

Cookie-How was your eating today? awesome job on yesterday. Great job on your packed lunch the other day too...I need to buy me some more green tea. I'm so proud of myself right now, we was out all day and I made very healthy choices. Such a strong step in the right direction. The doctors visit went well yesterday. He wanted me to go on wellbutrin but I decided to see how I feel with diet and exercise first. Will see. I go back in 6 weeks. If I have another really bad day I will probably try the wellbutrin. :confused:

Belinda-You are so inspiring with your workouts, you always manage to get them in. Good job girl!! How is your kids doing? Aren't they both in collage?

Melissa-I imagine your up to your eyeballs in school work right now. Im sure your still killing those workouts though...check in when you get a chance:)

ok...off to go watch some tv , I think Nashville comes on tonight. Anybody else watch that? Oh and Grey's Anatomy starts back tomorrow :D:D:D

Last edited:
Hi,

I spent the day with my son and we had a few laughs. The other day he noticed my grey (my appt. was cancelled due to one of the many snowstorms) usually I don't let it get so bad. Well today he said I can see you haven't had your hair done, I asked if he's looked out his window lately;) I go tomorrow to get my hair done:)

After dinner I spent over an hour with AT&T about a phone situation so it cut into my workout time:mad: so an unexpected rest day.

Belinda - I think I do have that JJ set. How is DH liking P90X3? It is a good set for both men & woman. I'm going to take your advice and start throwing in STS when I can.

Kristin - My favorite Rocky is still the 1st one. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, today the rain melted some snow but the roads were flooding. Nice workouts today!

Amelia - My SIL watches Nashville (her son lives there) and she loves the show. I like Dallas and you just reminded me to check when it starts up again:) It's good that the Dr. gave you an option and you could decide down the road.

Cookie - How was your day today?

Kelly - I love the Gym Style Series. The original boot camp must have been fun, for some reason the orange ball pops in my head when I think of that workout.

Melissa - I'm counting the days until Friday:)

'Morning!
Belinda, you crack me up w/your dvds! Have you ever counted how many you have? Just impressed. Esp. since you do them all! Glad you had sunshine.
Amelia, glad appt went well. My scale never budges - seriously, it just doesn't. Well, I decided to start acting like I lost 10 pounds, and bought myself two new pair of jeans. Didn't four people yesterday tell me I look like I lost weight. Talk about faking it til you make it. Of course, I didn't tell them.
Kristen, twice I almost got hit w/cars pulling out and having a hard time seeing around snow banks. The insurance companies must be busy. How was bowling? I agree w/others and you on weights making a difference.
Kelly, did you get that walk in? Now outside walking here yesterday - snow, sleet, rain. The temps got to 35, so a little flooding. Wouldn't it be great if we could send some of this to the west coast? BC used to have such a dread factor for me. I think it was one of the first times really going alternating heavier weights to cardio and boy did that push my hr up. Now I love it. Another one I used to do all the time is Terminator! Now I only do it on a rebounder. What's your fav?
Melissa, missing you.
Deb, I also have a hair appt today, due to last week's snow. Can't wait since I really dislike the grey. So, pink for spring, huh? Yesterday I noticed lots of folks wearing purple, so I was thinking that might be the popular color. Shows about my level of fashion sense. Any other trends you can share?
DH has a cold and oh my does he snore worse. Didn't sleep well night before last so just did some jumping on rebounder to a spinning video of Ireland. Going to do Firm Vol 2 now.
Cookie

Good morning,

I have a dental appointment this morning. Tonight I will do P90X3 CVX.

Cookie - I counted my dad's once, I know I have a lot! I am really good not buying anymore.

Debbie - my husband loves P90X3. He is doing it every day. Have fun getting your hair done today. How do you like it?

Amelia - glad your appointment went well. Last year I was burned out on Cathe. maybe you need to do other workouts to keep things fresh. Youtube has a lot of fun workouts, check it out. Believe me, I don't always like working out. But I know, if I don't workout I feel worst afterward. Plus it's harder to get into working out, so I don't stop:D:D:D

Kirstin - I don't like doing a lot of cardio, except for walking. I always love lifting, can't wait to start Meso 3 next week. I would pick up a DB everyday if I could, lol. Good job, on your workouts.

Kelly - did you do the entire BC or a premix? Good job, girl! I never got my walk in yesterday, it was way to windy.

I will be back later today, have a great day.

Morning ladies, happy almost Friday! I didn't get my Boot Camp or walk in yesterday.. Completely forgot it was Wednesday, Aiden has speech therapy on Wednesdays after work, but I've already told hubby he's dropping me off at home after work while he picks up Aiden so I can get it in today.

Lol Cookie, I may have to try that trick of buying new jeans. It's worth a shot ;-)

Good luck at the dentist Belinda!

Kristin, I have not been on a road trip, but it is absolutely something I would love to do. I'm always jealous of those who get to go.

Gotta get ready for a meeting at work, have a good morning :)

Hey everyone. I did Xtrain D5, premix with rounds 1-6, plus core two. Plus, I walked Baxter this morning. Then I did a quick straightening up and took the kids to an indoor play place. Afterwards we went to Friendly's and I ate deliciously bad food, including ice cream. Now my stomach is hurting, lol. I may try to do the other premix and do round 7-12 if I feel up to it.

Amelia- I think we all get burned out from time to time. Changing things up become necessary when that happens. So long as you stay active in some way, that is all that matters.

Deb- did you get your hair colored today? I have so much gray and dark hair, so if I don't get it done every 5-6 weeks, the roots become impossible to hide. It scares me how much gray I have already :confused:. Tomorrow is Friday :)

Belinda- good luck with the dental appt.!

Kelly- Were you able to get BC in today? That workout is great. I haven't done it in so long, but I love how it is a minute of cardio, upper, lower and abs in rounds. It is hard, but easy to get your mind through it because of the time for each exercise. I've been on two road trips and both were great experiences. You should definitely go at least once.

Okay, off to see why the kids are calling me, ugh!

Kristin

Good evening,

Today was P90X3 Pilates not CVX:eek: Didn't sleep well last night:confused:
My dental appointment went well, have another one in a few weeks.

Kirstin - thank you! Great job on D6, cardio leg blast today. Hope your stomach is feeling better. I remember Friendly's had yummy food:p

Kelly - thank you! Hope you had fun with your workout today.

Good night ladies.

Hi,

I took a spin class today and it was busy. I was surprised how hungry I was after class. I forgot that after a spin class it increases my appetite:confused: Actually it lasted all day:eek:

My grey is gone but it looks a little bit too light for the winter but the hairdresser said if it were naturally light you wouldn't change it in the winter. I guess she is right.

Belinda - I'm guessing no cavities, as a child I had so many but TG it isn't so now (knock on wood). Even though you have a lot of dvds it seems like you use them.

Kristin - Friendly's has the best sundaes, actually it also has my favorite ice cream flavor Maple Walnut. Everyone was out today walking their dogs but they need to walk in the street because the sidewalks are still covered in snow & ice.

Cookie - I notice a lot of dresses for the Spring. I also am seeing bathing suits already but it's just a little of everything so far. So we both did Spin today but you visited Ireland:eek: I was still in NJ.

Kelly - It's good that you set-up a plan to do boot camp today, sometimes life just gets in the way.

Waves hi to Amelia & Melissa

'Morning!
Belinda, it's great that you and your dh workout together. Have you always? Just wondering b/c mine is the one who really has encouraged me w/mine. Hope the dentist visit went well.
Kelly, it is so hard to fit every thing in! Hope your dh picked up your son so you got your workout in. We used to say if Mama ain't happy, ain't no body happy, so let her workout.
Kristen, glad you were able to get outside but seeing folks walking in the street is so scary. Four months to go. How's Baxter's training?
Amelia, are you enjoying your week off w/the kiddos? You're setting such a great example for them w/taking are of your health.
Deb, OMG does spinning ever get easier? Even w/padded shorts my rear is sensitive from the seat. I walked past an Ann Taylor last night and there were such cute dresses in the window. Should have realized they would be popular.
Heavy rain and lightning overnight so the roads should be trecherous this morning. Our stairs and porch were so icy yesterday, even the dogs didn't want to venture on them. Going to do JS's new walk dvd. It's set in Tampa and filmed when it was 90 degrees out. Thinking that might get me moving.
Cookie

Hey girls,

Yesterday I did a 40min youtube workout with Jessica Smith. I think today will be some power walking outside since the weather is pretty.

Back to work tomorrow,...yawn. My next scheduled day off is Tuesday, hopefully I will get Wednesday off too...

Belinda- I forgot about Jessica Smith and Chris Freytag. I will do then when the weather isn't cooperating.

Cookie-Great idea about the jeans. Have you been measuring yourself? With all those steps and healthy eating I bet your losing inches.

Deb-I tried to cycle but my bootie said 'no'. :eek: Actually, my mom has a 10 speed she's willing to sell me and Iam thinking about getting it. Riding bikes could be my new cardio/passion :D

Hello to Kristin, Melissa and Kelly :)

Hello everyone. I just finished my workout for today. I was going to do Yoga Max, but just didn't feel like it. Instead I did X10, the step workout. That was a quick sweatfest, lol. My legs are a little sore from yesterday and with the weight work at the end, it got in there good today. I cannot believe it is Friday already. Where did the week go? I have work to do that I have put off and I am not in the mood to do it, but it must get done, lol. I am trying to eat better today because yesterday was a disaster with the eats. I feel very bloated today, but I am drinking tons of water and hoping that'll do the trick. I may walk Baxter before the rain sets in.

Belinda- saw another infomercial for P90X3, I am so tempted to get it, lol. It looks like there is a lot of jumping in it, or is there a modifier? The infomercial says every move works your abs. Do you see that happening as you do it?

Deb- I haven't done a spin class is in over a year. I actually would like to take some kind of class again. My friend who owns the gym is having a baby so she is not training anymore right now. Maybe when she goes back to it I'll take another class with her. It's 50 degrees here today, which would be perfect if it wasn't for the fact that it is so foggy out :/. I want the sun!

Cookie- the trainer hasn't been here for a few weeks and she was supposed to come today but had to cancel. He is doing really well though. He is much more obedient that a few weeks ago. He is still nipping when he plays though. We have to break him of that habit. He doesn't bite down or leave marks or anything, but it is annoying nonetheless, lol.

Amelia- I am soooo jealous of your pretty weather. I cannot wait for actual spring to arrive, even though that means I might need new clothes, haha. Good job on your walk :)

Melissa must be swamped with school work!

Kelly- any plans for today?

Okay, off to shower.

Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.